Question: Which budget reverbs have S/PDIF i/o?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I almost bought a used Lexicon the other day, because I got a very good price on it, but since I don't have more analog i/o's on my sound card I really can't use it without a lot of cable patching hassle.

I still want a reverb unit, and I was wondering which ones have S/PDIF i/o without costing an arm and a leg? I know about the Behringer, but are there others that compete in the price range? I mean if a used Lexicon LXP15 can be cheaper than a new V-Verb, maybe one I can actually use exists, too? For once I'd like to make an informed decision... :hihi:
Rakkervoksen

Hi Hovmod,
My Lexicon MPX500 has S/PDIF i/o.
It has been supersided by MPX550 though.

I have a Lexicon MPX550 it has S/PDIF I/O which I use to connect to my Presonus soundcard.
You may want to look at TC Electronic's M350 effects unit to. I don't own this (but I do have TC'S C300 compressor) and by all accounts, the M350 is pretty good.
Tc's M one (or XL version) is also a good bet. Again this is digital i/o but a little bit more pricey.

All the mentioned above are coax connections.

I have the lexicon MPX 200 multi-effects processor. It's been discontinued,but it has spdif and you can get it for a song...$109 pls shipping.As an example - http://cgi.ebay.com/Lexicon-MPX200-Dual ... otohosting
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

tc m300 and m-one xl have s/pdif and they rock.
never stop loving music.

i'd be reluctant to recommend anything analog with a behringer sticker on it, but the v-verb is supposedly an excellent sounding verb. Haven't checked it out myself yet, but my friend has one and he loves the thing. Cheap too, compared to some of the similar offerings from Lexicon and TC, but behringer's a bit of a wild card of course.

Has anyone done a comparison on the Tc electronic m one and the m one xl?
I was looking at purchasing the M ONE and Ive heard that the XL is better in many ways.

Sorry - checked the specs. :oops:

I've seen quite a few favourable reviews of the V-Verb, but I don't know.
I think I'll spend my money on a Zoom H-4 in stead and just use the ReverbTools Impulses I just downloaded for a while. :)
Thanks for the input, guys.
Rakkervoksen

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”