midiPads update

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've been working on an update to midiPads. instead of fixed arrangements of pads, the layout is now now editable from within the plugin. layouts and presets are loaded as separate XML files which can be edited themselves. the old fixed layouts are still there internally so any existing presets will work even if you delete the included layout files.

download:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiPads.zip

any useful layouts, presets, or icons to be included in the next version are welcome if anyone would like to share them.

full documentation coming "soon"...

midiPads 1.5 changes:
  • Pad layout can be edited:
    * Alt-drag to move a pad
    * Alt-Shift-drag to resize a pad
    * Alt-right-click to remove a pad
    * Double-click background to add a pad (max 128)
    * Alt-double-click a pad to copy its settings to new pads
    * Save/load layouts in XML format (.mpadl)
  • Changed internal patch/bank format for faster saving and loading (can still load old format)
  • New XML format for patches/banks (.mpads/.mpadb)
  • "File" menu to save XML patches/banks/layouts (.mpads/.mpadb/.mpadl)
    and load mpads/mpadb/mpadl/fxp/fxb
  • Load mpads/mpadb/mpadl/fxp/fxb by drag & drop
  • New Layout and Preset menus which are populated by files in the new directory structure:
    + midiPads <--folder in the same place as midiPads.dll
    - + midiPadBanks
    - + midiPadIcons
    - + midiPadLayouts
    - + midiPadPresets
    - - midiPads.mpadb <--default bank
  • Option for centered text (in main menu and per-pad)
  • Text can have line breaks
  • "Icon Size" slider (in main menu and per-pad)
  • Can set Roundness, Show Dots, and Show Values per-pad
  • Shows version number in main menu
  • Bug fixes, performance and stability improvements
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

fr: the so called drag&play mouse behaviour

yes i remember, i'll see what i can do.
wrongtastic, baby

another old fr: pads with "rotary encoder behaviour" capable of sending relative messages

and in possible the ability to remember toggle status and cc status(like in midikeyboard) and send it on PC message

I must ask you master Piz.. At the top right, next to the menu, there's two sliders going from 0 to 2.0 .... what are they for?!

Second: I suppose that in current version, i can't have midi being played through it, having the pads show feedback can i? Lets say i record a beat with them and then play it back (by some routing in XT) showing the pads playing.
:hug:

Pads can be triggered by midi notes, so you can play midi through it and the pads will light up, but recording from midiPads and then playing the recording back through it would require you to change the midi connections in between. energyXT doesn't support feedback connections, and i don't know if it would work anyway...

The two sliders at the top are for scaling the velocity and CC values at the output.
wrongtastic, baby

Return to “Insert Piz Here”