How about a mix knob for MCompressor?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Such a great compressor, just missing a mix knob. I guess it's not difficult to implement, at least for costumers paying for the free bundle. What do you guys think?

I use Reaper which has a built in dry/wet control, so it wouldnt be very advantageous to me.

I think, that's only for the big mdynamics brother.

It has a dry/wet parameter
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:35 pm It has a dry/wet parameter
Where? Image

And agree with Svama, if you want more you need to have MDynamics

I Love MCompressor always use it to teach how a compressor must work and my students use it on their projects! :clap:

Thanks guys. Mdynamics is a little overkill for me. I also use Reaper and Reacomp. Still I would prefer to use Mcompressor more if it had a mix knob.
VariKuzBrainZ where is that dry/wet parameter? Still can't find it. Thanks!

If you want a dry/wet knob, the next alternative in the MeldaProduction line is MModernCompressor.

Unfortunately, MModernCompressor lacks multiple features present in MCompressor, such as that brilliant dynamics display and the ability to draw your own compression/expansion curves.

I've lobbied for an "MDeluxeCompressor" that would include the aforementioned MCompressor features, plus the front-facing access to MModernCompressor's detection modes (such as psychoacoustic).

I think that it would sell well to the legion of people who use MCompressor as a learning tool and are looking to upgrade. Early in my MeldaProduction adventures, I bought MModernCompressor assuming incorrectly that it would have all of the MCompressor features plus more. I was disappointed, but once I discovered MModernCompressor's easy access to the advanced detector modes, I was happier with the purchase.

Vojtech says "no more compressors," but I can dream.

Nicolas Castro wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:52 pm Thanks guys. Mdynamics is a little overkill for me. I also use Reaper and Reacomp. Still I would prefer to use Mcompressor more if it had a mix knob.
VariKuzBrainZ where is that dry/wet parameter? Still can't find it. Thanks!
Since you use reaper, maybe this will help. All plugins have a mix knob available as a feature.
mix knob.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh man! Absolutely forgot about that mix knob,in Reaper, problem solved, thanks!
About a deluxe compressor, that would be great. I still don't get that MCompressor's features werent included in Modern Compressor, supposing it's an upgrade from MCompressor.I almost bought it, but researched about it an a lot of guys were complaining about MCompressor's graph/custom curve left out if it. MDeluxe would be amazing. IIt makes me wonder why there's so much overlap between types of FX in Melda. I mean, how many EQ's and comps are there? It would be great to merge some of those. Thanks for all the insight guys.

I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the "lot of guys" who you saw complaining about MModernCompressor's "missing" features.

I've seen so many times people who mention that MCompressor was the one that finally helped them understand how to use a compressor. A MeldaProduction compressor with all of its features plus the dry/wet knob and easy access to the advanced detector modes would be popular with them/us.

List price it at anything under $50 and it would sit well in the line between MCompressor and MModernCompressor.

I do know that those features are available in MDynamics, but in the case of the detector modes, they are buried 3 screens deep, and the dynamics display is also not as prominent as MCompressor's.

Return to “MeldaProduction”