KSM Current Version - 0.1.9.3

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just uploaded KSM 0.1.9.3 (22nd May, 2024).

You can download directly from www.kvraudio.com/kvr-studio-manager or if you launch KSM it'll offer the download automatically.

Release Notes

Version 0.1.9.3 / 0.1.9.2 (Public Beta):
  • 0.1.9.3: CLAP scanner now detects DISTRHO, Fabfilter, u-he and more.
  • Rearchitected CLAP scanner (now out of process; many fixes; shouldn't crash KSM).
  • Rearchitected AU scanner (Should now find plugins it didn't find before; more accurate version reporting).
  • Improved background loading / downloading of brand images. This should fix UI hangs / freezes particularly with large plugin lists.
  • Added Status Info hover tooltip for "Unsupported" plugins to provide more information about the reason they are unsupported (if specified).
  • Miscellaneous internal changes.
Version 0.1.7.2 (Public Beta):
  • HTTP logging is now off by default to save space (enable from Options > Settings > Log HTTP requests).
    • Why? Each time KSM is synced with KVR it logs the entire request and response which can result in KSM's log file increasing in size unnecessarily, particularly if the user has many plugins installed. Making it optional means it can be enabled for troubleshooting but be left off by default.
  • Improved CLAP scanner (fixes reported crashing issues).
  • Improved error message displayed if the KVR server returns a response that can't be interpreted by KSM.
  • Scan errors are (partially) logged to the application log.
  • Miscellaneous internal changes.
  • User access issues resolved (password verification and firewall block issues).
Known Issues:
  • CLAP scanner may trigger error reporting on macOS if a plugin misbehaves (but can be ignored and will not crash the main KSM application).
  • Some CLAP plugins do not report a version number (DISTRHO-based??).
  • Sometimes updated plugins are not detected on scan (CLAP/VST3). Clear the plugin list, close and reopen KSM and then rescan should fix the issue. We are investigating the cause.
  • Duplicate Plugin Report: May display some false positives.

The software wrongly informs of updates for Universal Audio plugins. Unless those are some dev versions?

On the duplicates... I found some vst3 folders had another copy of the plugin buried down a few folders.
Denise plugins in particular which have the VST3 as a standalone file and also a folder with nested subfolders that contains what I assume is a 32 bit version of the same plugin.
I am very careful not to allow 32 bit plugins to install during installation if the options are there, so either I didn't get the option or it gave it to me and then just did it anyway (it wouldn't be the first time this has happened to me and probably not the last)!

I deleted the 32 bit version with no impact so far.... (he says nervously hoping his system doesn't meltdown before his eyes immediately after posting!)

Hope this helps!

Denise Dragon Fire.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No new version since one month ago?
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

wangeroge wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 pm No new version since one month ago?
No new version since 2 month ago?
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

I've just uploaded KSM 0.1.9.2.

You can download directly from www.kvraudio.com/kvr-studio-manager or if you launch KSM it'll offer the download automatically.

cheers, the blue icon sucks. changed mine to dark.

trivial? sure if you like blue. :hihi:

0.1.9.3 now available.

Change:
  • CLAP scanner now detects DISTRHO, Fabfilter, u-he and more.
Note: Some CLAP plugins do not report a version number (DISTRHO-based??).

New version installed and scanned and synched without any issues that I noted. I just wanted to say I only noticed KVR Studio was donationware when I saw the announcement on the front page and clicked through, so I came to say thank you for this app.

I would dearly love it if the list of plugins could show a snapshot of the plugins, assuming the developers provided one as I know scrolling through many they link videos rather than screenshots for some reason on their KVR page.

15 or more years ago I worked with someone to try to make a VST host that did one thing only, load the plugin GUI and take a screenshot and put it into a folder. I am sure you got a good laugh out of imagining all the edge cases and crashes we went through before giving up.

KSM will be a really great utility once it's more mature and the versioning system has improved. It has already helped me quickly identify and update several plugins which were outdated, that I was unaware of. Once most of the teething issues have been ironed out, it will be a great resource for the community.

Currently, as of v0.1.9.3 - there appears to be an issue where certain vendors' installed plugin versions are still not being detected correctly.

KSM 0.1.9.3 - Reports incorrect "Installed Version" for these following VST3 plugins:

AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) = All of their available plugins ~ KSM doesn't detect the correct point release versions of installed AAS VST3 plugins.

e.g.

Installed Chromaphone version "3.1.5" is being detected as "3"
Installed Lounge Lizard EP-4 version "4.4.4" is being detected as "4"

Rob Papen - Albino 3 Legend & Blue 3 ~ Again, KSM is not correctly detecting the point release versions of these installed Rob Papen VST3 plugins.

Installed Albino 3 version "3.5.1" is being detected as "3.5.0"
Installed Blue 3 version "1.0.1c" is being detected as "1.0.0"

Due to this, KSM incorrectly reports these as "KVR Newer" instead of "Up to Date"

Hiya, this is my first time hearing about and running this tool.
I'm on an M1 with latest macOS Ventura.

I have 47 errors from my initial scan: 7 were reported as duplicates, which they are not, and the others are listed as failed to scan and reported in the log.

An example of duplicates is Novation BassStation:
BassStation.component
BassStationStereo.component

I tried to attach the log file, but the CMS won't accept .log or .txt, so it's inline below.

KVR Studio Manager Log
Log started: 26 May 2024 1:04:52pm

Login success: [removed]
Scanned results:
Scan errors:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Devil.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/DirtyFilterPlus.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/WaveShell1-VST3 14.1.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Signalizer.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/WaveShell1-VST3 14.0.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/theTape.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/DimensionPlus-64.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Localizer.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Neurontube.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Frohmager.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/VariSpeed.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Simple Concept.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/OT GENESYN 2 x64.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/ToneZ_V2.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Nevermore.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/spectralsand (mud edition).vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Underwater.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Evanescent.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/iZotope Iris 2.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/BarkOfDog2.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/iZotope Trash 2.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/PsytranceBass.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Neurontape.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/RVRB Demo.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Dmitry Sches/ThornCM.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Schoeps Double MS.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/WaveShell1-VST3 13.0.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Xenos.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Toybox.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Reiya.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/DirtySpring.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/BPB Saturator.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/VStation.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Pulsar.vst3
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/VocalSplitter.vst3
/Users/XYZ/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/HoRNetGraffio.vst3
/Users/XYZ/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/HoRNetAngle.vst3
/Users/XYZ/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/HoRNetHarmonics.vst3
/Users/XYZ/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/HoRNetFreqs.vst3
/Users/XYZ/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/HoRNetHTS9.vst3

Hi Ben,
There is the possibility to exclude the beta version from the list of updates?
Thanks
Luciano

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”