Global Adjustment of 'Attack'

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any way of globally adjusting the 'Attack' of all notes slightly in the VWinds series such as the usual ADSR controls found on most other virtual Instruments? In slow lyric pieces, I'm finding the initial attack of notes too harsh and don't want to use the mod wheel on every note to achieve this. I'm probably overlooking something obvious on the interface but very new to using his product.

ADSR in VWinds and VHorns does not really apply as you are controlling the envelope of the sound manually using a CC.
So basically you can do what you want to achieve by simply increasing the CC1 (or any main controller for the air) from 0 to the value you want for every new note.
That being said, we have feature that controls the attacks to make it more or less abrupt even at a constant Air CC value. In the preferences, that's the velocity to attack slider.

Basically, if you play at a velocity that's above the value of the Air CC, you will get a sharp attack. And if you play at low velocity, you will get low volume attacks.

The speed of these attacks can be controlled with the velocity to attack time slider that is right below.

Thank you - I will try that today as working on projects which need this atm.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”