2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whats that one with the vape cartridge? :lol:

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pm ^^^ Cool, TY.
Looks like it’s UPS only. https://www.errorinstruments.com/c-6040 ... -shipping/

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 pm whats that one with the vape cartridge? :lol:
Another great noise source

Tassel

https://youtu.be/ubnbtWqyweA?si=r99tAekFCOAEjfBa

elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:51 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 pm whats that one with the vape cartridge? :lol:

Tassel

cheers!

i think im going to need even more shelves when i move...

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:53 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:51 pm

Tassel

cheers!

i think im going to need even more shelves when i move...
I just wish I knew what they plan to keep making. They don’t seem to operate like other makers and likely make modules as parts allow.

im assuming theyll be making something else interesting then. while i may miss these particular modules.
at least hoping :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:00 pm im assuming theyll be making something else interesting then. while i may miss these particular modules.
at least hoping :hihi:
That’s mindset I need to learn to have.

I’ll just enjoy the noise modes of Spectraphon for now. Maybe add some various noise recordings to Morphagene’s reels for manipulation.

No need to have it all!

elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:12 pm
No need to have it all!
this is true! and spectra plus morphagene is a great combo for noise!! 8)

the error stuff just looks cool and steampunky! :oops:

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:16 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:12 pm
No need to have it all!
this is true! and spectra plus morphagene is a great combo for noise!! 8)

the error stuff just looks cool and steampunky! :oops:
Forget what I was watching, but some YT video was mentioning that when people complain about the sound source limitation of their eurorack… there goes Morphagene. It’s instant new sonic grounds to add in.

I’m building new reels today. No noise in today’s stuff. All pretty piano based stuff in Eb Harmonic Minor.

hello.

my brinta is apparently due tomorrow :party:

elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:50 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pm ^^^ Cool, TY.
Looks like it’s UPS only. https://www.errorinstruments.com/c-6040 ... -shipping/
Thank you :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Some Brinta notes with correction to what’s listed on the Brinta page.

Primary Buttons:
  • Record Push to start and stop recording. When the red dot is running around the circle it is recording. Your sample becomes the circle. Blue for high frequency, green for mid and red for low.
  • Play Makes the white dot spawn little golden play heads (no sound without hitting play)
Functions:
  • Cloud Creates cloud of golden play heads around the white dot. X contracts or expands cloud of playheads.
  • Chord Creates chords from content. To the Right adds up to six notes from a Major scale breaking into a Major 7th and then coming back down note by note, to the Left you get much the same but in a Minor scale.
  • Kid B The harmonics setting in honour of Kid Baltan. Turning the X knob to the right ups the probability of your pitch doubling, tripling, quadrupling and higher. Creates shimmering harmonic overtones.  
Knob Fever
  • Speed Bipolar: Sets speed and direction of white dot, running through circle. Zero is at 12 o’clock.
  • X depends on the function setting (Func switch). Bipolar in Cloud & Chord mode. Unipolar in Kid B mode.
  • Pitch Bipolar Changes the starting pitch of all the golden play heads. Zero at 12 o’clock and range is +/- 2 octaves.
  • Size Unipolar: Sets the grain size; Determines length of playhead.
  • Position Determines start position after each reset.

Reset Input: Gate jack that resets playback from position of the white dot, set by position knob.

5 Save Slots Push memo to select a slot and save to save the current audio in your circle into the selected slot.

Notes
  • Samples three-and-a-half seconds of audio per memory slot
  • Colours mix accordingly and when they all come together in white-light, you have white-noise. Once your sample is recorded the white dot can run around the circle, spawning little golden heads playing your sample. The size of the grain is how long your play head exists.
  • You can use the mixed input if you want your input to be mixed in with the grain circle result, or use unmixed if you only want the grains to go to the output.  
  • Brinta is always in stereo. Half your grains go to the Left output and the other half to the Right. Mix externally if you want to use it mono (or use half).

thanks, some good info there!

171:0 - 19:10 delivery window.

hopefully early in that window, then i can get a decent run through with it before it gets too late, don't want to upset the neighbours too much :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm thanks, some good info there!

171:0 - 19:10 delivery window.

hopefully early in that window, then i can get a decent run through with it before it gets too late, don't want to upset the neighbours too much :hihi:
Nice!

Got into vurt tv like territory with Brinta into Mimeophon, modulated by Wogglebug and Bella Gliss. I used Tempi and modulated self-patched tempo switching for the reset input.

I recorded from Morphagene, but I keep screwing up saving to the memory. I seem to only save to memory by accident and never when it’s intended.

Gotta rewatch the cinematic laboratories video because he said it’s easy

received! lets noodle!!! :party:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”