Link to the Top 10 Feature Requests on Bitwish.top : This should be Pinned.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I keep seeing these Wishlists threads every now and then, and they're both passionating and even sometimes very resourceful. But they're also very redundant most of the times.

If we stop being messy and more inclusive and respectuous of our community, we should have the reflex to first mention Bitwish.top's Top Voted Features link whenever we start such threads:
https://bitwish.top/c/features/5

Cuz least we could do is show a united and organized front to the Devs, no matter what.
I mean, aren't you tired of seeing a bunch of major updates that barely scrapes the surface of this list already?

PS: By the way, I'm puzzled as to why the mods still haven't pinned this website on top... Have you been instructed otherwise? Or maybe there's another reason for this oversight? If so, please enlighten us.

Zacchino wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm
Cuz least we could do is show a united and organized front to the Devs, no matter what.
I mean, aren't you tired of seeing a bunch of major updates that barely scrapes the surface of this list already?
We aren't united in what we want. The top 10 list from Bitwish is not reflective of my top 10. Midi Comping is the only one of the top 10 that would be in my top 10.

I have a better chance of getting stuff I want if Bitwig ignores the Bitwish list.

My no# 1 feature wish is just on place 10... :x :(

My number 1 is in 12th, my number 2 isn't even on there!
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Trancit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am My no# 1 feature wish is just on place 10... :x :(
Hey, that's pretty good!

My top 3 (Groove Tools, Tempo Mapping, Native Pitch Correction) aren't even in the Bitwish top 30!!

Indeed, your #1 Feature isn't on the Top 10. If more of you wanted it, it'd be higher up in the list... And that's a reality we all need to learn to deal with:

I too have a #1 wish that's not even on the Top 20, nevertheless, I can't argue with this list, it makes perfect sense, not only because lots of people are voting on it, but because lots of people here understand what's essential and what's not.

That's what I meant by being respectuous, and united behind the community as a whole. That's how democracy works, i.e. the needs of the many will always outweigh the needs of the few.

Think of it like a man who wanna build a house, cuz his favorite thing about it, is decorating it and making it unique. So he pushes his construction workers to go faster and get the pillars, the roof and the plumbing done quickly and under-budget.At the end of the day, his house might look amazing with a unique design... But after a couple years, it starts degrading, and nobody dares to put a foot in it, no matter how unique it is, no one dares to risk living in it...

And the same way he started, being the vocal minority imposing his will on others, the same way he ended: alone with his uniqueness and his stubbornness.
Last edited by Zacchino on Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So our wishes are not as worthwhile as the tiny amount of people that use bitwish?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm but because lots of people here understand what's essential and what's not.
Themes aren't essential at all and it is #4 on the list.

For that matter, Midi Capture is #1 and it is not essential either when there are plugins that do the same thing that work well.
Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pmThat's how democracy works
This isn't a democracy. It's a business and users have no say over what Bitwig will develop.

Themes are a priority for a lot of people because having a UI that's comfortable is both motivating and productive.

See, I don't think Themes are mandatory either. But when you start judging every single Wish on that list, you're putting yourself above the majority. On what grounds? What makes you or me, more important than them?

Indeed it's a business, and if the majority isn't pleased, then they'll be less and less inclined to renew their license, which fuels the business.

Look, if you're just here to debate simple facts and basic economics, I'll be glad to do so on its own thread. I'm here to ask for Bitwish to be pinned, as it should've been a long time ago already.

PS: Keep in mind it's for your own benefit too, since more people with the same needs as you will see the link and vote for it.
Last edited by Zacchino on Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Besides Bird's Rolling Sampler there is also Midi Cap if this - is what people need. :cool:
https://www.birdsthings.com/midi-cap
But i guess i'm disqualified since this is about integraded Bitwig requests.. :oops:

Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm Indeed it's a business, and if the majority isn't pleased, then they'll be less and less inclined to renew their license, which fuels the business.
Since when are 275 votes for the top item on Bitwish a majority of the Bitwig community??
Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm I'm here to ask for Bitwish to be pinned, as it should've been a long time ago already.
Just because you and 275 other people want this, doesn't automatically mean you are a majority...

See what I just did there?

Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm
Indeed it's a business, and if the majority isn't pleased, then they'll be less and less inclined to renew their license, which fuels the business.
Neither of us know what the majority want. It may be that the majority of Bitwig users never go on any forum, including Bitwish.

It's not my business what the majority want. I advocate for what I want and it is up to Bitwig to sort it all out.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:08 am
Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm
Neither of us know what the majority want. It may be that the majority of Bitwig users never go on any forum, including Bitwish.

It's not my business what the majority want. I advocate for what I want and it is up to Bitwig to sort it all out.
I fully agree. We don't know what majority wants.

Bitwish is just a bunch of people reassuring their own beliefs together. I went once, started to discuss some ideas, I was explained it wasn't the right ones and never came back.

What I can say is that the latest changes done by Bitwig matters infinitely more for me than the top 10 proposition of bitwish.

I am on the side of "let the DAW creators do their stuffs and we chose our DAW as customers, côté with our money". That systems works.

People yelling at developers because "they don't know what they should develop" remind me of the halfdrunk soccer supporters yelling at the TV to explain the multi-million paid player how he should play.

muzicxs wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 pm
Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm Indeed it's a business, and if the majority isn't pleased, then they'll be less and less inclined to renew their license, which fuels the business.
Since when are 275 votes for the top item on Bitwish a majority of the Bitwig community??
It goes well beyond that... Bitwish has been there for some years now. I voted there early on. At that time, there were only a small number of choices to choose from. I don't remember whether I voted for Midi Capture, but if I did, it is because the things I wanted weren't even options back then.

For example, I know when I voted, Groove Tools and Tempo Mapping weren't there as options.

Plus lots of people must have voted for Midi Capture before there were suitable plugins that fulfilled that function. So even if I voted for it initially, I wouldn't today because it is less of a priority than before.

Also, what percentage of the midi capture votes are from years ago from people who no longer even use Bitwig?

And how many people look only at the top 25 or so options and then choose? Would the results differ if the least voted were at the top?

I suspect that Bitwish is significantly skewed to the features that have been there the longest and are thus at the top of the list. That list is so long now I doubt that a new feature request will even be seen because it starts all the way at the bottom which hardly anyone will ever get to.

It's a flawed method of determining popularity.

That is all on top of your point that we don't know what percentage of users even visit the site.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:31 am
muzicxs wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 pm
It goes well beyond that... Bitwish has been there for some years now. I voted there early on. At that time, there were only a small number of choices to choose from. I don't remember whether I voted for Midi Capture, but if I did, it is because the things I wanted weren't even options back then.

For example, I know when I voted, Groove Tools and Tempo Mapping weren't there as options.

Plus lots of people must have voted for Midi Capture before there were suitable plugins that fulfilled that function. So even if I voted for it initially, I wouldn't today because it is less of a priority than before.

Also, what percentage of the midi capture votes are from years ago from people who no longer even use Bitwig?

And how many people look only at the top 25 or so options and then choose? Would the results differ if the least voted were at the top?

I suspect that Bitwish is significantly skewed to the features that have been there the longest and are thus at the top of the list. That list is so long now I doubt that a new feature request will even be seen because it starts all the way at the bottom which hardly anyone will ever get to.

It's a flawed method of determining popularity.

That is all on top of your point that we don't know what percentage of users even visit the site.
I love Bitwig and have very low standards on content talking about it, I will anyway read it.

Yet I never go to bitwish.

Return to “Bitwig”