Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

databroth wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:27 pm ...

The top browser is a bit tricky, I agree. I ended up resorting to the lower browser that is "built into" the synth (if you check the tabs where osc/filter/fx are)

I think you'll find this one far easier to manage

as for CC, I think this probably should be added, there's CC options for the expressions, but not for the macros, and I don't remember why. I'll mention this to Peter as a potential update
Thanks.
yes I am currently using the lower one to favourite the patches I like.

appreciated.
rsp
sound sculptist

Initial impressions after about an hour of playing around with it:

• easy to understand and access, not a lot of menu diving or mystery surrounding it all
• more digital and harsh sounding than I was expecting, and I was anticipating it to be harsh
• things can get messy in a hurry, yet at the same time sweet spots can be found rather quickly
• the filter section is your friend, not only to tame the harshness, but to alter the character
• reminds me a little bit of Factory from Sugar Bytes
Yo Leroy!

So is this an Anemond Factorsynth 3 with a better skin and improved features?
the machine learning seems like the same.
Trainable resonators seem like the same
If so, maybe they could at least provide some kind of crossgrade? Because lately Anemond was making a sale and now it looks like they wanted to get some money before a more advanced and polished synth based on their technology gonna be released.

Or is it just two products independently having similarities? Like Atlas and XO.

warcat wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 am So is this an Anemond Factorsynth 3 with a better skin and improved features?
what the hell are you smoking? :roll:

BoogerSnot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 am Initial impressions after about an hour of playing around with it:

• easy to understand and access, not a lot of menu diving or mystery surrounding it all
• more digital and harsh sounding than I was expecting, and I was anticipating it to be harsh
• things can get messy in a hurry, yet at the same time sweet spots can be found rather quickly
• the filter section is your friend, not only to tame the harshness, but to alter the character
Further impressions:

• synth definitely feels like it's at its best when used as a sum of its parts, in other words start combining the components (iris, osc, filter, fx) and it really starts to shine
• to that last point, the harshness I mentioned before is tamed further with use of FX and OSC as well
• good strategy is to use the browser to find a type of sound you want, then make a variation, because the process of building from scratch feels somewhat fragile
• starting to grow on me the more I use it, running through the presets and tinkering with them
Yo Leroy!

BoogerSnot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 am
BoogerSnot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 am Initial impressions after about an hour of playing around with it:

Further impressions:

• synth definitely feels like it's at its best when used as a sum of its parts, in other words start combining the components (iris, osc, filter, fx) and it really starts to shine
• to that last point, the harshness I mentioned before is tamed further with use of FX and OSC as well
• good strategy is to use the browser to find a type of sound you want, then make a variation, because the process of building from scratch feels somewhat fragile
• starting to grow on me the more I use it, running through the presets and tinkering with them
Final thoughts on the day:

• doesn't quite grab me as much as Novum or Abyss, feels somewhat hit or miss with not a lot of gray area in between, though when you hit on something it definitely stands out with much interest
• the ability to save different component presets is a nice thing to have, to quickly mix and match, especially for user samples in the Iris section
• as noted above, very easy to get into, only looked at the manual once to make sure I didn't mess up saving a patch
Yo Leroy!

I'm not sure what to make of it just yet, the resynthesis yields very unpredictable results it seems, none of the samples I've thrown at it sounded anything like the original and most of the times it was just garble-shmarble-messy noise which could then be transformed into something more musical/ interesting using the transformers and filters. So is it a make gold out of shit-machine? The visuals are great though and I like the interface. More experimentation needed...

I have Kult. Do I miss much, apart from the resynthesis?

Yes!

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am I'm not sure what to make of it just yet, the resynthesis yields very unpredictable results it seems, none of the samples I've thrown at it sounded anything like the original and most of the times it was just garble-shmarble-messy noise which could then be transformed into something more musical/ interesting using the transformers and filters. So is it a make gold out of shit-machine? The visuals are great though and I like the interface. More experimentation needed...
After another hour of resynthesis experiments I'm really disappointed with the quality/results of the resynthesis, especially when looking at the technology Novum uses for re-synthesizing audio samples. It just doesn't live up to the MYTH hype created over the lasts months...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am I'm not sure what to make of it just yet, the resynthesis yields very unpredictable results it seems, none of the samples I've thrown at it sounded anything like the original and most of the times it was just garble-shmarble-messy noise which could then be transformed into something more musical/ interesting using the transformers and filters. So is it a make gold out of shit-machine? The visuals are great though and I like the interface. More experimentation needed...
After another hour of resynthesis experiments I'm really disappointed with the quality/results of the resynthesis, especially when looking at the technology Novum uses for re-synthesizing audio samples. It just doesn't live up to the MYTH hype created over the lasts months...
Thanks for your honest opinion. Appreciate it. :clap:

From about 120 samples I have thrown at MYTH there was exactly one decent resynthesis result, a bassflute swell with some vibrato which I could then transform into a nice fat pad sound with some of the transformers but I wouldn't need MYTH for that sort of sound. Still searching for the magic here...

hmmm i guess Peter or someone should maybe upload some nice tutorials, PAD etc. tutorials which might help.
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 am From about 120 samples I have thrown at MYTH there was exactly one decent resynthesis result, a bassflute swell with some vibrato which I could then transform into a nice fat pad sound with some of the transformers but I wouldn't need MYTH for that sort of sound. Still searching for the magic here...
this sound quite concerning as i really trust you Simon, i didnt demo it myself. i expected other reactions but now im concerned, hope to demo it this weekend.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

3 times MYTH, own presets/samples

1 time Forever '89 Visco

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada/eyhm-drivers

about samples and the IRIS: of course the results can differ. it is not resynthesis like Novum.
it is does its own Mythical works...... sometimes very close, sometimes much further away, but you can with the transformers get closer to the original, again.

for me the resynthesis, i have worked with MYTH a longer time, made also some Factory presets, is great fun, and i like the changes it make to the sample.

there are so many ways to use a sample that does not sound 'great', that it sounds great, only within IRIS area already.. with modulations added, or not.

and with Modal/Resonator Modules, and others, you can almost... well....

MYTH is really a synth, as any other synth with special capabilities, that you must demo yourself.
Last edited by WasteLand on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Looking at the factory presets there are 252 presets classed as 'Pad'. One way to test things out would be try some of those and then drop your own samples onto the iris(es) and see what happens.

There are 700+ presets. Granted not all of those will have used samples, but the vast majority will have.

Safe to say that creating good sounds is very possible - I know 'good' is a subjective thing.

Return to “Instruments”