iZotope Trash Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Trash

careyletendre wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:54 am
Medenka wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 am Criitics on this forum are always the same. Whine about price/upgrade price/protection method/long feature list - what's missing.
Indeed, the emperor has no clothes.
Why don’t you two start a new era of high quality discourse and critics, instead of whing about the whining. The torch is in your hand, show us the light! :tu:

They actually sent me a link for a survey. Hope they can stand rough criticisms. Cause theres alot i have.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:56 am
careyletendre wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:54 am
Medenka wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:53 am Criitics on this forum are always the same. Whine about price/upgrade price/protection method/long feature list - what's missing.
Indeed, the emperor has no clothes.
Why don’t you two start a new era of high quality discourse and critics, instead of whing about the whining. The torch is in your hand, show us the light! :tu:
No, but thank you anyway.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:55 pm I'm trying to think of another effect plugin that has distortion and convolution. Are there any?
Audiothing speakers, not exactly the same but cool IR:s and some distortion.
Then there’s mcdsp futzbox

Do you guys like this new version of Trash or is it trash?

Trash Lite is pretty great for a free plugin.

aauu_eess wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:53 am Do you guys like this new version of Trash or is it trash?
The combo of distortion/wavshaping and convolution in a tidy interface is surprisingly useful. It still has the OG Trash 2 sonic imprint.

I'm all about ergonomics these days and something like the old Trash 2, while being feature rich, was far too convoluted (Excuse the pun) for me in practice.

Update with two new features:
Discover what’s new in Trash
Enjoying unleashing chaos with Trash? We want your distortion playground equipped with the basics that keep you in the zone. And what better way to do that than by adding two much-requested enhancements? Check them out:

Oversampling
Distortion and audio origami go hand in hand. Aliasing destroying your tracks in the wrong way? Switch 4x oversampling on for the Trash module and mangle your sound more cleanly.

Resizable interface
You can now transform your tracks with Trash at any shape and size, creating chaos with added flexibility.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

No oversampling for Trash Free. Sad but expected.

The oversampling setting is not global, and there's no parameter lock. It saves with the preset, and all of the factory presets have it off. Mind blowing that anyone who makes plugins for a living could get such basic stuff wrong.

Also the resizing doesn't seem to stick.
Though I found a work around in Cubendo... move it to the size you want it to, turn on oversampling and save that as your default preset in Cubendo's system and that works.. I think other Daws have similar default instance configuration abilities too.
rsp
sound sculptist

That's a good workaround for resizing, and for oversampling if you don't use any factory presets, but if you select a factory preset it will turn oversampling back off.

zvenx wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 pm Also the resizing doesn't seem to stick.
Though I found a work around in Cubendo... move it to the size you want it to, turn on oversampling and save that as your default preset in Cubendo's system and that works.. I think other Daws have similar default instance configuration abilities too.
rsp
The size saves with the preset? And they've been making plugins for how long? :lol:
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I mean with the Default Cubendo Preset... this is normal behaviour..
you set up a plugin how you want it to open up for each new instance and save that as default in cubendo.
rsp
sound sculptist

hey212 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm That's a good workaround for resizing, and for oversampling if you don't use any factory presets, but if you select a factory preset it will turn oversampling back off.
That is not happening here.. it stays on for the few tests I did yesterday.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”