Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 pm I own a Ti but as it no longer runs on modern Macs I am curious to try this but I can download ROMs for all Virus models from my user account at virus.info except the Ti - it only comes as an installer (which of course won't even run on my Mac). The site doesn't mention how to get the ROM out of this?
you can use Suspicious Package (or Pacifist) to extract individual files out of an installer pkg

https://mothersruin.com/software/SuspiciousPackage/
https://www.charlessoft.com/

in re ROM:
snow A-H, TI A-Q seem to be included in the 5.1.7.00 firmware (oct 2021 from what i read...?)

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 pm I own a Ti but as it no longer runs on modern Macs I am curious to try this but I can download ROMs for all Virus models from my user account at virus.info except the Ti - it only comes as an installer (which of course won't even run on my Mac). The site doesn't mention how to get the ROM out of this?
https://www.dogsonacid.com/threads/viru ... 053/page-5

Might help?

Thanks I figured it out anyway

Thought everyone was saying it's a CPU hog but it's not even registering in the CPU meter even at 96hz - excellent work!

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:16 pm Thought everyone was saying it's a CPU hog but it's not even registering in the CPU meter even at 96hz - excellent work!
I seem to recall that due to the way this works, you don't see much of a load on a DAW CPU meter, but you will see a bigger load on the machine at large - so it's using more CPU than you think - at least the previous versions do this. So it might be worth checking...

On my M1 Max the cpu usage in logic looks very very low, when I check the Activity Monitor it is actually up at around about 65%. The Osiris uses about 43%. The Vavra sits at around about 50%.

I wanted to check out the lv2 on linux now that they provide one but there's only a .so file. It's supposed to be in a .lv2 bundle with three .ttl files. As is, it isn't detected by Ardour. The vst3 works but with my particular setup I prefer lv2 where possible.
Image Image Image Image

Dang, anyone want to buy a Snow?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Any news on the Nord?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

OsTIrus is officialy out

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/blog/

access-40877.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gam456 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gam456 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:22 am OsTIrus is officialy out

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/blog/

Thank you, gotta check this. Sometimes I miss my old TI Snow, but couldn't justify to keep it.

I hope they bring back a hi res version of the original TI control skin which was much nicer than the beige one

I can't get any of my preset rom's to load in the new OsTIrus plugin and it says I need firmware.rom in the same folder as the plugin when I try to open the plugin in my DAW. I get a message that says "Device Initialization failed" "A firmware ROM file (firmware.bin) is required, but was not found." It asks for the plugin to be loaded "next to the plugin".

I have the original rom's I got online on google and have one "next to the plugin" in my VST3 folder. Anyone know the problem's solution in macOS Sonoma? "Device Initialization failed" "Failed to find device operating system file mq_2_23.mid." There's no link to a Vavra download or a firmware.bin on the DSP56300 Wordpress homepage.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:54 am I hope they bring back a hi res version of the original TI control skin which was much nicer than the beige one
I'm not sure if it's the one you're referring to, but there's this one on the Discord:

Haven't tried it myself yet, but there are comments that it's buggy/not 100% functional.

WordClock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:15 am I can't get any of my preset rom's to load in the new OsTIrus plugin and it says I need firmware.rom in the same folder as the plugin when I try to open the plugin in my DAW. I get a message that says "Device Initialization failed" "A firmware ROM file (firmware.bin) is required, but was not found." It asks for the plugin to be loaded "next to the plugin".

I have the original rom's I got online on google and have one "next to the plugin" in my VST3 folder. Anyone know the problem's solution in macOS Sonoma? "Device Initialization failed" "Failed to find device operating system file mq_2_23.mid." There's no link to a Vavra download or a firmware.bin on the DSP56300 Wordpress homepage.
Using the firmware if you don't own the hardware is a bit of a contentious issue legally...DSP56300 have therefore distanced themselves from ROM use so you want find any official help, the discord site has more details on this, but no ROM links or detailed instructions for use, but that is probably the place to ask questions.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”