Program or plugin that can search all installed VST patch/preset names for a keyword?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can do on a Mac using Find Any File. Just determine which folders your presets are stored under, and drag those folders into FAF, and save as, so you can perform the search repeatedly.

The biggest difficulty is narrowing down where the presets all get stored. There is no standard. There are multiple conventions. I've found at least the following locations may have subdirectories with presets (~ = user home):

/Library/Audio/Presets
~/Library/Audio/Presets
/Users/Shared/Documents
~/Music/Audio Music Apps
/Library/Application Support/...
~/Library/Application Support/...

I'm sure there are more. Given how much lives inside those Application Support directory trees, you're bound to end up with some false positives, unless you wanted to narrow it to just the plugin vendors subfolders. This is not a universal solution since every system would be different, especially the path for the user's home.

zorkiii wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:35 pm I've been searching for some time to find a way to search for a preset name within my installed plugins, but not finding anything.
Windows Explorer or Finder should do the trick. They always exist as individual files somewhere on your system. I can't believe there've been more than a dozen replies and no-one has suggested this. Of course, if "sweep" isn't in the file name, you won't find everything but that's going to be the case no matter how you go about it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Effects”