Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can we not accuse each other of "smoking" something just because you don't agree with their opinion?
idk, that seems wildly unprofessional

I hope this back and forth ends, there is no need to try and peer pressure anyone into liking or disliking Myth
if you want to change anyone's mind about Myth, do so with examples, videos, songs, audio files, or unique use cases.

Suggesting that someone is high, or on the other hand "needs therapy" are all uncalled for
I also think that people need to stop pestering Simon about Myth, he's not the be all end all of synth opinions. Myth doesn't live or die based on his approval, he's just another sound designer like anyone else
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

PetVor wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:14 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 pm Should have called it Marmite
Love that name ... will consider it for my next one!!! :-D
Marmyth! :D

I don't know why people get hung up on what is essentially marketing blurb.

Avenger had something like "the last synth you'll ever need".

Still a great synth and so is myth.

I think Myth is a really interesting combination of synthesis types and you can get really great results from it.

Tons of flexibility and depth.

What's not to love?

I haven't been following the thread, what have I mythed?

No idea, it's a mythtery to me

databroth wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:24 pm Can we not accuse each other of "smoking" something just because you don't agree with their opinion?
tbf, i was smoking something. :oops:

cb8rwh wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:15 pm No idea, it's a mythtery to me
you are toyah wilcox and i claim my one million dollars!!

we all need some smoke :? . . . :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 pm
That said, you seem to be getting overly upset about this. Perhaps you'd be better off spending the money on therapy? ... Or is complaining on the internet your therapy? That is cheaper than therapy, true....
It would be great if you would stop calling people mentality ill because they have a different opinion than you do and then hilariously say they are getting overtly upset things they are not

You have continued to misrepresent everything I said while skipping over the fact there is an entire section called resynthesis on the storefront, it's the very first thing presented

Here is what Peter had to say about it on this very thread
PetVor wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:33 am It has two OSCs, each represented by an "Iris". You can drag any sample and it gets re-synthesised via machine learning
So to pretend someone has to be mentally ill to think other wise is beyond ignorant

To even make that claims means you are the one overtly upset about the fact that I dare to disagree with you when the marketing and the creator clearly disagree with you also

For the record I am not upset at all, why would I be? I am on a web forum having a discussion about a product, I think people reduced to calling others mentally ill are clearly the ones who are overtly upset

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:06 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 pm
That said, you seem to be getting overly upset about this. Perhaps you'd be better off spending the money on therapy? ... Or is complaining on the internet your therapy? That is cheaper than therapy, true....
It would be great if you would stop calling people mentality ill because they have a different opinion than you do and then hilariously say they are getting overtly upset things they are not

You have continued to misrepresent everything I said while skipping over the fact there is an entire section called resynthesis on the storefront, it's the very first thing presented

Here is what Peter had to say about it on this very thread
PetVor wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:33 am It has two OSCs, each represented by an "Iris". You can drag any sample and it gets re-synthesised via machine learning
So to pretend someone has to be mentally ill to think the iris and resynthesis is not the focus of the instrument is beyond ignorant

To even make that claims means you are the one overtly upset about the fact that I dare to disagree with you when the marketing and the creator clearly disagree with you also

For the record I am not upset at all, why would I be? I am on a web forum having a discussion about a product, I think people reduced to calling others mentally ill are clearly the ones who are overtly upset

Mods, could you please move this thread to GEARSPACE?

The modal filter is the most interesting part of Myth for me - is there any other filter vst that is just the Myth style filter - ie with resynthesis?

Anybody here remember Robert Aspirin? All these "myth" puns are making me want to read some of his books again.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:12 am Anybody here remember Robert Aspirin? All these "myth" puns are making me want to read some of his books again.
I'd like to help you but I am too much of a mythanthrope.

When it comes to a new synth, I don't want a synth that sounds like other synths (I know many don't feel that way). Why duplicate what I already have?

Sample-based synths typically depend a lot on the source sample. So, Myth is a challenge. Great, I like that kind of challenge.

YMMV

Return to “Instruments”