Lyric tools/plugins for Logic?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In my current project it would be quite useful if I could display a group of words on the screen at a certain point in time within the project. Many points of time in fact, and the built-in lyric stuff for Logic isn't suitable, or easy to setup.

So, I wonder if there are any expert users of the lyrics function in Logic to advise OR an AU plugin which can display words at certain times in the timeline. I've dug around, and I'm pretty sure I looked for this some 5-6 years ago without luck, and it still isn't something anyone has built yet - a really simple timed-word display plugin.

Is it out there somewhere I haven't been yet?
Or do I need to bodge my own together?

cheers :)

That's weird, someone posted a reply suggesting a new product LyricsRunnerVST, but it was deleted. As was my reply to it, it would seem.

I'm not going to link to it but you can probably figure the website out from the product name above.
Maybe have a look if you're looking for a solution for following lyrics through a DAW project.

I had issues with the website which I'll list here:
- no price on front page
- no price on page once you've clicked 'Buy Now"
- required to submit full name and email before price revealed (I assume, I didn't get that far into the process)
- Either badly translated or AI generated text.
- writing the term DAW as Daw wreaks of not knowing basic stuff about this industry.
- calling it somethingsomethingVST when it's not just a VST, it's an AU and maybe more as well, seems mis-informed.
- and finally, there's a countdown on the front page, but it doesn't say what it's counting down? New release pricing stop? The end of the world? I don't get it.
- also I don't believe the guy with the suit in the video should be in the studio singing; his jacket will be quite noisy so he should probably take it off. It's all a bit 'office manager' not 'artist/singer'.

Still holding out for a solution..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”