2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:05 pm Oh jeez, looks like details about Digitakt 2 have been leaked: https://www.matrixsynth.com/2024/04/ele ... oming.html
Yup, add that to the top of my 2024 gear wish list.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

The main point of interest for me is having twice as many tracks to monkey with and the sequencer tracks going up to 128 notes. That's now long enough to do a lot of verses, choruses etc so makes the Digitakt more viable as a MIDI groovebox.
eBay and Reverb are about to be flooded with Mk I Digitakts and I know I should get in early to sell mine, but no idea how long it'll be before these Mk IIs are actually available. Also what happened with the Polyend Play Plus being sold when not ready for prime time has put me off jumping the gun.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 pm eBay and Reverb are about to be flooded with Mk I Digitakts and I know I should get in early to sell mine, but no idea how long it'll be before these Mk IIs are actually available. Also what happened with the Polyend Play Plus being sold when not ready for prime time has put me off jumping the gun.
I just mentioned in the Digitakt II thread that my local craigslist suddenly has 10 Digitakts for sale and some are roughly $100 below what they typically have sold for in my area over the past year or two. I'll wait and see how many of DTII's features get ported to DT1 before selling mine, but I'm buying DTII the day it's available (along with everyone else!) :hyper:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Seems entering planet Mac is going to cost even more money. Left my T9 external drive as exFAT to let me share data between Mac and PC but if you do that it means certain things can't get installed on it so now picked up a 2TB T7 Shield which I will keep in Mac's own format to let me install fussier stuff on there. On the bright side I picked up some used Thunderbolt gear from the local second hand shop so a couple of CalDigit hubs mean I get HDMI for my monitors and a fair number of extra USB and Thunderbolt ports for connecting to other shizzle.

Are you safe?

Screenshot_20240424_212452_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240424_212551_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240424_212559_Gallery.jpg
oops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Damn, nice haul!!

wasnt actually expecting the loopman just yet :D

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:36 pm thanks :)
wasnt actually expecting the loopman just yet :D
That’s one I’ve been very curious about. Didn’t want to click on anything for it as I kinda like them all right now, but looking forward to anything you might do with it

nice haul, vurt.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

thanks
been enjoying playing with the radio on the loop man, getting a loop going with radio noise 8)

not been enjoying, changing screws.

That looks like a bunch of fun! I have some old handheld tape recorders and most of them have pitch control. I've been meaning to experiment with adding CV to them but it's just another project I don't have time for. :lol:

justin3am wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:17 am That looks like a bunch of fun! I have some old handheld tape recorders and most of them have pitch control. I've been meaning to experiment with adding CV to them but it's just another project I don't have time for. :lol:
its worth doing because its bloody good fun!!
even without cv, im having plenty of fun!

or was till my battery went :lol:
the walkman part, still requires battery, and i dont have any on spare :cry:

Juno finally have these bad boys in stock so got one arriving tomorrow.
IMG_0553.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?

The PrssPnt music synthesizer module is a controller in which several signals are generated by touching the printed copper wire at the bottom of the instrument.

The PrssPnt music synthesizer module is a controller in which several signals are generated by touching the printed copper wire at the bottom of the instrument. Touching PrssPnt, you become part of the circuit, generating a total of four simultaneous signals (two CV, two Gate).

The basic function of PrssPnt will be familiar to anyone who has used Pressure Points or 0-CTRL. It could be seen as a single “souped-up” channel of one of these devices. Since it is a single channel, the tuned voltage outputs are not relevant, and instead are replaced with more playable sensitivity controls and alternate pressure and gate outputs.

Momentary Gate output remains high as long as it is being pressed
Toggled Gate output goes high and low with each successive press of the plate: press it to make it go high, press it again to make it go low
Pressure output generates a positive control signal proportional to the amount of Pressure applied, further tailored by the Sensitivity Panel Control
Smooth Touch Function recreates the useful patch of sending a Pressure Output through a carefully tuned slew limiter for extended function generation
Turning up the Slew amount will allow for larger than life functions with very long decay to be generated by hand.
All four outputs available simultaneously
The Channel Saver music synthesizer module is a small utility module, offering several channels of signal-processing that will be useful in just about any modular system

The Channel Saver music synthesizer module is a small utility module, offering several channels of signal-processing that will be useful in just about any modular system. As a condensation/extension of the sum/offset/attenuversion aspects of MATHS, it continues the great tradition of sculpting the control signals we use to sculpt our sound signals.

Scale, amplify, attenuate, or invert an incoming signal using Channels 1 or 2
Generate DC offsets when Channel 1 or 2 is unpatched
Crossfade between two signals, or attenuate one signal, using Channel 3
SUM and INVerted Sum Bus for addition, subtraction, mirroring, inversion etc.
Individual Channel Outputs for Channels 1 and 2 allow independent use of all three channels
Anywhere you need more subtle modulation, Ch. Svr is there for you… now all your eurorack slivers may have subtle and intentional modulation they deserve!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”