Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:18 am
WordClock wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:14 am Can you or anyone offer me the Access Virus firmware needed for OsTIrus?
Muki already shared all the information you need. Sorry but it isn't legal for us to give it to you, you're going to have to do your own investigating and reading between the lines on this one.
I think that was just for extracting on a mac ?
muki wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:42 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 pm I own a Ti but as it no longer runs on modern Macs I am curious to try this but I can download ROMs for all Virus models from my user account at virus.info except the Ti - it only comes as an installer (which of course won't even run on my Mac). The site doesn't mention how to get the ROM out of this?
you can use Suspicious Package (or Pacifist) to extract individual files out of an installer pkg

https://mothersruin.com/software/SuspiciousPackage/
https://www.charlessoft.com/

in re ROM:
snow A-H, TI A-Q seem to be included in the 5.1.7.00 firmware (oct 2021 from what i read...?)

Idk what happened but as of this morning it just keeps crashing Logic (or any other program I try to open OsTirus AU in) upon opening the GUI once the plugin is instantiated.

No custom skin, just the default it comes with. I restarted the Mac, removed my custom presets, re-installed OsTirus.. nothing.. just one way ticket to crash town. While it seemed to be running fine and very stable just yesterday :?:

muki wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm
LFO8 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:41 pm I like the oscillator section that uses the wheels and wave form window in the midle.
there is a dark theme called "darkstar" (sic) that has something alike
not the same but rather alike
checkout the discord...it's a cool one
There's a light grey Virus Control like skin called "Virus TI for OsTIrus" over at Discord.

db3 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 am
muki wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm
LFO8 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:41 pm I like the oscillator section that uses the wheels and wave form window in the midle.
there is a dark theme called "darkstar" (sic) that has something alike
not the same but rather alike
checkout the discord...it's a cool one
There's a light grey Virus Control like skin called "Virus TI for OsTIrus" over at Discord.
Seems ace that skin. It’s all moot now though since the plugin is unusable to me now. Keeps crashing as soon as I try to open the GUI.

LFO8 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 pm Side note: I wish there was a way for us to make custom skins for this. The running skin is shown as a menu item, but no option to select or add a different skin.. unless the devs are planning on making alternate skins?
Visit Discord site, plenty of skins right there...

Just a heads up OsTIrus (Virus Ti) is officially released (not juts for donators) and even seems to be advertised on Synthopia etc.

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/ostirus-downloads/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

thanks for letting us know,
will give it a razz perhaps

wikter wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:11 am
LFO8 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 pm Side note: I wish there was a way for us to make custom skins for this. The running skin is shown as a menu item, but no option to select or add a different skin.. unless the devs are planning on making alternate skins?
Visit Discord site, plenty of skins right there...
Cheers. I have checked and like the one that resembles the original TI plugin GUi the best.

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:50 am Just a heads up OsTIrus (Virus Ti) is officially released (not juts for donators) and even seems to be advertised on Synthopia etc.

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/ostirus-downloads/
https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2024 ... -your-daw/

OsTirus doesnt seem to have the option to split the channels on the keyboard like the hardware TI in the multi mode..

Buka wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 pm OsTirus doesnt seem to have the option to split the channels on the keyboard like the hardware TI in the multi mode..
A very comfortable way for keyboard splits and more is John Lehmkuhl's Unify plugin... you can create play ranges and layers and routings of your dreams (with every VST).

Buka wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 pm OsTirus doesnt seem to have the option to split the channels on the keyboard like the hardware TI in the multi mode..
Nice. Maybe the firmware didn't supported keyboard split...

I'm kind of surprised but OsTirus works really well for me. It seems that I won't be booting my TI soon.
The UI doesn't looks very polished, but this is a very minor nit-pick.
Donated.

tuzemec wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:01 am I'm kind of surprised but OsTirus works really well for me. It seems that I won't be booting my TI soon.
The UI doesn't looks very polished, but this is a very minor nit-pick.
Donated.
Check their Discord server for much nicer skins..

LFO8 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:38 am Idk what happened but as of this morning it just keeps crashing Logic (or any other program I try to open OsTirus AU in) upon opening the GUI once the plugin is instantiated.

No custom skin, just the default it comes with. I restarted the Mac, removed my custom presets, re-installed OsTirus.. nothing.. just one way ticket to crash town. While it seemed to be running fine and very stable just yesterday :?:
Quoting myself in case any other Mac user encounters this problem. This behaviour was resolved by deleting the user .syx and .json in the DSP56300Emulator_OsTIrus application folder. Downside is that prob meant the had become corrupted.

Downside to the fix is you lose your user presets.

I am very impressed overall with this though. I had a Virus C and Snow back in the day and it's like I have them back again! Good thing I backed up all my patches from that time.

Return to “Instruments”