It's Back! - Behringer Vintage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vintage

Dazd_N_Confuzd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm Man I love me some Pluse Width Modulation!
It's a new type of modulation :wink:
No auto tune...

Dazd_N_Confuzd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm Man I love me some Pluse Width Modulation!

Has Nick Batt released a statement yet?

concealed identity wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:59 pm Has Nick Batt released a statement yet?
I had no idea until today that he was involved with that Tom's Diner remix that was a hit in the early 90s. Then went on to work with Goldfrapp for 3 of their albums. Here for ages I just thought he was this synth noodler that ran sonic state. :dog:

For a free plugin it's actually pretty cool

Is it the best VA plugin ever? Of course not, but it fills a hole when you want something different. It sounds like a vintage plugin from the early 2000s and that's a good thing

If it's going to be part of their free DAW...what's their DAW going to look like? That should be at least a 100-page thread when it's released. :hihi:

kritikon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am If it's going to be part of their free DAW...what's their DAW going to look like? That should be at least a 100-page thread when it's released. :hihi:
The DAW will probably have a giant, black space around it so all the controls can be smaller and less usable. :hihi:

Too much attention for a vsti that sounds rubbish

Gam456 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 am Too much attention for a vsti that sounds rubbish
It is certainly not the best sounding synth on the planet :wink:
No auto tune...

Sounds antiseptic to me.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am Sounds antiseptic to me.
Oh, perfect timing for me. I got a new kitten and a ton of puncture wounds that need cleaning.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Attention to detial! :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 am

Attention to detial! :lol:
Yeah, that is pretty funny. The hardware mock-up looks cool though.

Behringer VST VINTAGE.png
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 20-39-07 Behringer VST VINTAGE.png
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 20-39-46 Behringer VST VINTAGE.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I went into this expecting to agree with everyone about how much Vintage sucks, but I love it.

It's a simple enough synth that seems more for people that use their ears to make music than their eyes - no fancy wavetables or graphics etc.

It's seems like it's got a really powerful low end, I had no issues creating myself some basic synthwave sounds from scratch but it can go beyond that obviously.

No FX section is probably half the reason people don't love it, but IMO most your fav synths sound just like this when you remove all the FX. lol.

Using my own FX, I can get some absolutely gorgeous sounds from this thing - slap your choice of reverb and delay onto some sends, stick a chorus on it and off you go, instant '80s vibes and it nails it. I put RC-20 on it too and it's sublime.

I really like it, it's just the simplistic sort of thing I like - I don't particularly like using built-in FX with synths, I pretty much always turn FX off and use my own anyway.. so there's no real difference there for me.

It's a basic bread and butter type synth that I think knocks it out the park - it says "Synth Suite" when you load it up, so I assume there's more coming.

Ordinarily, I avoid sketchy companies with questionable business ethics and practices - but if this is a taste of things to come from Behringer, consider me intrigued. I really like this, it suits my workflow.

harddaysnight wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 am No FX section is probably half the reason people don't love it, but IMO most your fav synths sound just like this when you remove all the FX. lol.

Using my own FX, I can get some absolutely gorgeous sounds from this thing........but if this is a taste of things to come from Behringer, consider me intrigued. I really like this, it suits my workflow.
Behringer has some nice effects inside their X series digital mixers, and they have a long history of making rack effects

Some of the effects in the X-series mixers are phenomenal some are mediocre, but over all they are quite good

If they put the X series effects in plugin form that would be awesome, especially the EMT-250 and Quantec Room Simulator Reverbs and the SPL Vitalizer

And I agree with you it's actually pretty good but basic synth VST

Behringer has talked in the past about making an entire DAW and plugin ecosystem

If I had to guess the DAW is going to look quite a bit like the X-32 mixer editor and have the look and feel of a mixer and be built around that. Similar to Harrison Mixbus and that effects will be added after the fact

I think it has a somewhat unique sound. UI is broken in FL Studio though. Only Bridged mode works and resizing isn't being saved. So yeah,,,uninstalled

Return to “Instruments”