Nomad Factory Magnetics Bundle v3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Magnetics Bundle V3

kevinsparks wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 am Because I used to own it?
And you don't anymore?

careyletendre wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am
kevinsparks wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 am Because I used to own it?
And you don't anymore?
Nomad Factory allows license transfers. I used to own Pulse-Tec, Magnetic, and Cosmos, now I don't own either of them.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

what the heck is happening with Nomad Factory's registration? I just bought a product, got an "old" serial on the mail, which their upgrade page doesn't "recognize" because it doesn't "exist" !?!?!
Are they serious?

is1_2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am what the heck is happening with Nomad Factory's registration? I just bought a product, got an "old" serial on the mail, which their upgrade page doesn't "recognize" because it doesn't "exist" !?!?!
Are they serious?
Try here:

https://help.nomadfactory.com/licenses/license_convert/

Nick Hamilton wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:54 pm

Just go to https://help.nomadfactory.com/tickets/ and send us the email you think you purchased the product(s) with and we will help find your serials for you.

The upgrades to Version 3 for Cosmos, ECHOES, Magnetic are free of charge for all previous owners.

This applies of course to the owners of the Magnetics Bundle I and Magnetics Bundle II as well as the Integral Studio Pack III, which includes the Cosmos, ECHOES, and Magnetic plug-ins.

Best regards,

Nick
Hi Nick,

I bought the Integral Studio Pack III from Don't Crack a long time ago.

I have the bundle installed, but it's only up to Magnetic II, et al. The Authorizer shows the old serial number as installed. I went through the serial number upgrade, and received a new, longer serial number, but when I used the Authorizer, it's cutting off the new serial number entry at about the length of the old number.

----

Update: Looks like the latest download for the Integral Studio Pack III doesn't include those latest updates, nor the Authorizer for those. Downloaded just the Magnetic bundle, installed those, and now the serial number prompt comes up when I load the updated plugin in the DAW.

So, getting there, just hung up at "Couldn't connect to server." from the serial number prompt.

So, getting there, just hung up at "Couldn't connect to server." from the serial number prompt.
Which OS and Internet browser?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 pm
This machine is a Windows 7 machine, with the old Nomad plugins installed from long ago.

The new version 3 plugins install and run, in demo mode. The prompts for authorization/connection is coming through the plugin interface itself, not through any browser. I'm suspecting either a licensing server down (their end) or firewall settings (my end).

Igro wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 pm
is1_2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am what the heck is happening with Nomad Factory's registration? I just bought a product, got an "old" serial on the mail, which their upgrade page doesn't "recognize" because it doesn't "exist" !?!?!
Are they serious?
Try here:

Weird...

I had to contact support because it kept saying the old license was invalid, but following this link on a different computer, and it works now.

Hoping to have this setup to test out! :party:

elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 pm
Igro wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 pm
Are they serious?
Try here:

Weird...

I had to contact support because it kept saying the old license was invalid, but following this link on a different computer, and it works now.

Hoping to have this setup to test out! :party:
Yeah, Nomad Factory needs to fix the link.

rj0 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 pm
This machine is a Windows 7 machine, with the old Nomad plugins installed from long ago.

The new version 3 plugins install and run, in demo mode. The prompts for authorization/connection is coming through the plugin interface itself, not through any browser. I'm suspecting either a licensing server down (their end) or firewall settings (my end).
Again Windows 7.

They've told me to try another Internet browser if I was using Chrome. Indeed I was using Chrome as my default Internet browser. Unfortunately setting Microsoft Edge as default browser didn't do the trick. And after that de-installation of Chrome didn't solve the issue either. It might work for you though.

I'm a bit reluctant to change or disable firewalls and stuff.

Please also contact their support.

Someone else had the same issue with their 80's spaces plugin:
soulsweet41 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:44 pm I bought the plugin a couple weeks ago and haven't had any luck authorizing it..I get Failed to authorize...Couldn't connect to server..has anyone else had this problem..I contacted the Nomad Factory Tech Support but they didn't offer any real help on this...I turned off my antivirus and it still won't authorize..
Im running Windows 7 64 bit

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 am ...

Again Windows 7.

They've told me to try another Internet browser if I was using Chrome. Indeed I was using Chrome as my default Internet browser. Unfortunately setting Microsoft Edge as default browser didn't do the trick. And after that de-installation of Chrome didn't solve the issue either. It might work for you though.

soulsweet41 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:44 pm I bought the plugin a couple weeks ago and haven't had any luck authorizing it..I get Failed to authorize...Couldn't connect to server..has anyone else had this problem..I contacted the Nomad Factory Tech Support but they didn't offer any real help on this...I turned off my antivirus and it still won't authorize..
Many thanks.

Will follow up with that.

rj0 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:35 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 am ...

Again Windows 7.

Many thanks.

Will follow up with that.
On their website Authorization FAQ, there's a hint of offline authorization, which would seem to be able to solve the issue:

"Since your computer is not connected to the Internet, you will need to use the Software Activation to generate an html activation request file and then copy it to another computer that has an Internet connection.

Consult the Software Activation User Guide."

Software Activation User Guide link is 404.

Have you seen any indication that anyone has managed to try this process?

Support said:
The new authorization process is online only and it is not possible to transfer authorizations between machines.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:48 pm Support said:
The new authorization process is online only and it is not possible to transfer authorizations between machines.
Beautiful. :bang:

Any way, many thanks.

Return to “Effects”