UPDATED: Zynaptiq Morph3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's
a) on the morph downloads page, just scroll down past the v3 downloads https://www.zynaptiq.com/morph/morph-downloads/
b) In all emails and webpages of the upgrade registration process, there are v2.6 links, too.

-d
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

thanks!
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

zynaptiq wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 am The only difference between v2.5 and 2.6 is the copy protection. As to differences between classic v2 and classic v3 – will have a look at your video, thank you. Seems the difference in that particular case is mainly the amount of treble. I'd think this may be a case of boosting the wobbly synth sound a little.
In general, it IS a re-write, so there may be differences with some material. Notably, the windowing is cleaner now. But not anything substantial for making new sounds. For a 1:1 recall of your sessions, there's v2.6.
Ok thanks cool.

BTW found possible reason of this difference - in v2, we can hear output result even without activity of chained (sided) signal (but sidechain button should be enabled. EDIT: and XY (x-fade) joystick position should be in right\center).
It will sounds like filling main signal by white noise spectra (during silence at side of sided signal resp).
Whereas in v3 - no, there is no such "auto noise" behavior, just silence.

So, maybe high spectra presence in v2 (in certain timbre), it's like result of mix with white noise component. And value of such mixing may vary, depends from incoming sided spectra.

Does Morph3 Pro have any advantages over Morph 2 when gradually morphing one singing voice into another? For a smooth but obvious morphing effect, without a lot of bizarre artifacts? As in using automation to go from one voice to another and back.

Using a Tremor drum machine beat to modulate/slice a field recording (tuna auction in Toyo I recorded some years ago) inside the Morph 3 modeler (via Style Transfer), then morphing the two signals with each other.

https://youtu.be/q8AgbLr3SgE

Hm with surrending was added two license locations instead single as before (Remix bundle here), not a big deal but nice.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm Hm with surrending was added two license locations instead single as before (Remix bundle here), not a big deal but nice.
I had a hard time getting to work--if I did. I bought bundle upgrade. Used license in ilok, which showed success registering, and I activated the bundle. Then I could not open any of the VST 3 versions (this went to only Morph 2). I did get to open the VST 2 version of Morph 3. Is that normal?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I am unable to totally get rid of the dry signal. Pulling into the bottom left "A" corner of the morph panel, I can still hear the unaltered signal of B coming through--not very loud, but there.

Is this to do with the version I use (DualMonin, DualStereoin, Stereoin)?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 pm I had a hard time getting to work--if I did. I bought bundle upgrade. Used license in ilok, which showed success registering, and I activated the bundle. Then I could not open any of the VST 3 versions (this went to only Morph 2). I did get to open the VST 2 version of Morph 3. Is that normal?
Mm no something definitely not how it should go.
Fun thing, i'm in contrary - did install only VST3 version of Morph (for both, v2 and v3) by some reason being sure that VST2 was discontinued, but now i'm figured that just mixed up it with news about 32bit version (the recent topic about leaving vst2 probably had its effect lol). But i'm fan of VST2, usually select it, thanks for headup.
Returning to question - did you sure that surendering was complete (special button for that) ? What meant "could not open" ? What in iLok manager ?

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 pm I am unable to totally get rid of the dry signal. Pulling into the bottom left "A" corner of the morph panel, I can still hear the unaltered signal of B coming through--not very loud, but there.

Is this to do with the version I use (DualMonin, DualStereoin, Stereoin)?
So, i did chek vst2 versions too, all works.
But observed some nuances:

- v3: in vst2 really have 3 dlls, as you mention. Whereas in vst3 just 2 variants ("Morph 3 Pro", and "Morph 3 Pro DualMonoIn", i used first variant, for all needs, in usual stereo track).
And, although vst2' variants (of v3) was works ok it seems too, but, during install (v3) i paid attention that checkbox for vst2 format disabled by default. Which got me thinking. This is some plugin' intuition lol. Additionally, it seems i managed to get used to v3 variant without additional inscription in name.

- v2 (2.6): In vst2 just single "MORPH VST", in vst3 two variants "MORPH" and "MORPH SC" (i used second).
But also i found that in v2.6 vst2 version there is lack of "align" button in UI, which is present in vst3 "morph sc".

Summarising both paragraphs, i decided to rollback to VST3 again for both Morphs, that i also advise to do for those who try to check this plugs first time, for an optimal experience.

So, for v2.6 it will be vst3 "MORPH SC", for v3 it will be vst3 "Morph 3 Pro".
(all for normal stereo track resp)

Edit: and during install VST3, do not change path please (despite such ability exists).

ilok has "performance issues" with activation right now in our region. Can't login to ilok and Cubase 13 is stalling at scanning VST3s at the moment.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Effects”