Delay, again, 2024.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

roman.i wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:47 pm If someone wants to sell/trade his/her Echoboy:
viewtopic.php?t=609527
It's currently on sale. Check out JRRShop

ROTMetro wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 pmcan we merge Boz Digital's Imperial Delay and D16 Repeater?
https://i.gifer.com/365P.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Replika XT si my desert-island delay.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am Replika XT si my desert-island delay.
Hey, el-bo! Good to see you 😊
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

roman.i wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm To my ears Audiority deleight is how a delay should sound like (I have it), but the plugin ergonomics are awful.
I also have:
Replika XT - good one, but not exactly the sound I'm after, excellent ergo, need to test it again...
Daw delays in Logic - awful sound
Comeback kid - doesn't sound good, and preset manager is non-existing - basically an os window.
Waves - no way I'm installing this, even that I have the bundle. Though, H-delay is nice.

Eye on:
Echoboy - have to test.

Also tested and didn't like:
Valhalla delay
BX 2500
Echoboy like many SoundToys are not bad but outdated

Finally someone doens't like Valhalla delay. Please be my friend :D

jethrobull wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am Replika XT si my desert-island delay.
Hey, el-bo! Good to see you 😊
Cheers, man! Right back atcha :tu:

Really nice free delay called "Deelay", well worth checking out. https://sixthsample.com/deelay/ Some unique features with the various reverse modes and does a nice reverb wash also...

audiouser720 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am Is this thread about Cubase now or delays?
Yes

concealed identity wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 pm
audiouser720 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am Is this thread about Cubase now or delays?
Yes
Exactly

I don't keep track of Mac support, but if sandman pro is compatible with your system, it's an amazing delay. It has some possible weirdness, but nothing that you "have to use" or that will get in the way of standard delaying. It has many modes, filtering and diffusion in the feedback, and probably my very favorite interface for almost any application. I'm a huge fan of it's modulation system as well.

I have a dumb amount of delay plugins and I use most of them here and there.
Waves h-delay is just fine for a slightly gritty effect with simple controls that take well to modulation. Also it's cheap.

Valhalla freqecho is a great great free plugin that also has you covered for SSB frequency shifting.

Valhalla delay is very nice. It sounds great (as good as anything). Has lots of different "modes". I own it but very rarely end up using it. Sometimes I'll put it on something while I'm writing and it will end up incorporated into the sound/ performance. Usually, if I'm adding delay during a mix, VD takes too much CPU and also isn't as straightforward as other tools so I don't really reach for it.

For very specific multi tap effects (need a complex rhythm with different filtering on each tap) I use the old waves multi tap. It's dead simple and does the job without any noticeable cpu use.

Replika/ Replika XT are good all purpose delays with some neat bells and whistles. I find I only really reach for them when I'm writing music in NI's Maschine software, but they're just fine.

u-He MFM is really fun for creating giant drones and soundscapes out of pretty much anything. The little mod matrix and comprehensive midi control really bring it to life, but it's not really a straightforward delay effect that I'd want to grab for everyday use. It could be if you wanted to take the time to make presets and sort them. Has very low CPU use for it's flexibility.

I have many others free and paid, but the ones I mentioned above are the " name brand" ones that come to mind when I think about delaying things. I'm also very likely to just use a built in host delay (especially in bitwig) when mixing as most are fully featured and as convenient as anything else.

Edit: I didn't go check the current prices, but between sales and second hand market, anything I mentioned could be gotten for 50$ or less.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

mabian wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm
Yes
Exactly
Not Exactly

Don't delay getting Cubase. :wink:

audiouser720 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm
Yes
Exactly
Not Exactly
Imprecisely, as it degrades a little on each repeat.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am
Yes
Exactly
Not Exactly
Thanks for the feedback.

concealed identity wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 am
pough wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am
Yes
Exactly
Not Exactly
Thanks for the feedback.
I can echo that. My brain is ping ponging.

Return to “Effects”