It's Back! - Behringer Vintage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vintage

Teksonik wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm Feel free to discuss Behringer's Vintage synth here.

Keep the discussion civilized but both positive and negative comments are welcome. That's how adult discussion forums work.

https://plugins.musictribe.com/behringer/0723-AAD
Yeah, but maybe we are no longer civilized in 2024, unable to be rational, unable to tell the truth in a post-truth world. But you can go on believing we are all civilized, rational, make arguments in good faith, etc.
<List your stupid gear here>

This synth needs better presets to demonstrate it's full potential....

It's a standard two oscillator,twin filter design,but the coding should be fairly decent...

https://www.dangelo.audio/#bio
No auto tune...

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 am
Dazd_N_Confuzd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm Man I love me some Pluse Width Modulation!

Attention to detial! :lol:
Yeah, that is pretty funny. The hardware mock-up looks cool though.

Behringer VST VINTAGE.png
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 20-39-07 Behringer VST VINTAGE.png
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 20-39-46 Behringer VST VINTAGE.png
Even the screenshot in the manual for the section dealing with PWM is spelled incorrectly. You'd think when someone is doing the layout for their documentation that they would've noticed it there.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The first (short lived) release was build 115. This new release is 128. I wonder what changed, besides the number on the installer?

Also there is no init patch?

And a bit of an oddity. I installed b128 after, days earlier, having uninstalled b115. Yet the plugin was still authorized on my machine. So the uninstaller didn't seem to clean everything.

VitaminD wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 am The first (short lived) release was build 115. This new release is 128. I wonder what changed, besides the number on the installer?

Also there is no init patch?

And a bit of an oddity. I installed b128 after, days earlier, having uninstalled b115. Yet the plugin was still authorized on my machine. So the uninstaller didn't seem to clean everything.
One thing i see that has changed between the 115 and the 128 update is the filter db switch that was missing in the 115 build so now you can switch between 12 and 24db mode.

It's a Pro-53 with no effects section. Exactly what it reminded me of.

That’s an awesome gift from Behringer.

Examigan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am
Dazd_N_Confuzd wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm Man I love me some Pluse Width Modulation!

Even the screenshot in the manual for the section dealing with PWM is spelled incorrectly. You'd think when someone is doing the layout for their documentation that they would've noticed it there.
As a graphic designer, I can attest that I make errors like this all the time. When you’re deep into something, you often stop seeing it in a way that makes things like that obvious. That’s where your QA team comes in. They’ve not spent weeks looking at it, so they have fresh eyes, and more specifically, are looking for things like that. My QA team dings me for things like not using hyphens in terms like “thumb stick.” They’re good and thorough, and obviously Behringer’s… not so good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect.

I guess trolls are looking for any excuse to have a dig.

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm
Examigan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am

As a graphic designer, I can attest that I make errors like this all the time. When you’re deep into something, you often stop seeing it in a way that makes things like that obvious. That’s where your QA team comes in. They’ve not spent weeks looking at it, so they have fresh eyes, and more specifically, are looking for things like that. My QA team dings me for things like not using hyphens in terms like “thumb stick.” They’re good and thorough, and obviously Behringer’s… not so good.
QA? Do they still do that these days? ;)

It's quite basic. UI is wonky.
If you have no other synths it might be worth it.
And of course, as pointed out it's dataware, ok if you make a throw away account and don't mind the datamining, it is pervasive. I've not looked at the scripts running on the site yet, but, i bet there's some intrusive stuff, it's all over the interwebs, on most sites. I see the "i'm not a shill's" back.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Sounds pretty nice tbh. Fairly unique sound to it kind of like what sylenth1 has.
But the ui reminds me slightly of tone2 synths. I wonder if they had a collaboration? :)

Ancientbehemoth wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm Sounds pretty nice tbh. Fairly unique sound to it kind of like what sylenth1 has.
But the ui reminds me slightly of tone2 synths. I wonder if they had a collaboration? :)
:lol:
No auto tune...

Sound reminds me alot of Access Virus Ti2

Let the rage begin

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm Sound reminds me alot of Access Virus Ti2

Let the rage begin
Absolutely it sounds like a 1990s style VA with all the effects stripped away

If you take it and use effects from the Korg MDE-X plug in which are the effects algorithms from the Triton it's instant 90s bliss

Return to “Instruments”