Contest May: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is Next theme.

Your song for the Eurovision Song Contest, the official of which happens May 7 - May 11 in Malmö, Sweden.

By the way, we could include the ESC winner in our vote at the end of May.

harvon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm Your song for the Eurovision Song Contest
How does that differ from a free for all?

Unless there is some sort of formal limitation/obligation you can basically do whatever you want.

ESC related limitations/obligations could be to incorporate the melody line from the chorus of a former ESC winner.

Personally I'm sick and tired of ESC, though.

Suggestions:
- UNISON: must include a segment where at least 3 instruments play in unison
- REGGAETON, BUT NOT REGGAETON: use the reggaeton rhythm as main rhythm for a piece that sounds nothing like reggaeton
- MORSE YOUR NAME: a piece built around a main melody line which has the rhythm of your KVR name, in morse

It is free for all of cause + strive to please the taste of the masses. Don't make what you want but what sells!

harvon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm Your song for the Eurovision Song Contest, the official of which happens May 7 - May 11 in Malmö, Sweden.

I was thinking this might be a jest?
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:17 pm
harvon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm Your song for the Eurovision Song Contest, the official of which happens May 7 - May 11 in Malmö, Sweden.

I was thinking this might be a jest?
I hope it was a jest :o
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Not sure about Eurovision Song Contest theme, mabey something else.

In a time signature other than 4/4 & 8/8??

skipscada wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm
harvon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm Your song for the Eurovision Song Contest
How does that differ from a free for all?

more glitter and sequins.

compose a blessing

New theme is up viewtopic.php?t=609811

The may theme, ''Stinky cheese and rats'' is a metaphor.

I asked chatgpt how metaphors influence people. It answered thus:

"Metaphors are powerful linguistic tools that can influence people in several ways:

Simplification and Understanding: Metaphors can simplify complex concepts by comparing them to something familiar. This aids understanding by providing a frame of reference that people can relate to more easily.

Emotional Impact: Metaphors often evoke emotions by drawing on familiar experiences or imagery. They can make abstract concepts more tangible and relatable, thereby eliciting emotional responses from the audience.

Persuasion: Metaphors can be persuasive by framing an argument or idea in a particular way. By associating a concept with positive or negative imagery, metaphors can influence attitudes and opinions.

Memorability: Metaphors make ideas more memorable by creating vivid mental images. This can enhance retention and recall, as people are more likely to remember information that is presented in a memorable and engaging way.

Shaping Perceptions: Metaphors shape how people perceive and interpret the world around them. They can influence attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors by framing situations or issues in a particular light.

Overall, metaphors play a significant role in communication and can have a profound impact on how people think, feel, and act. They are a versatile tool used in various forms of discourse, including literature, advertising, politics, and everyday conversation."

The May metaphor, I wonder, does it bring unpleasant music along?

Stinky cheese and rats. I guess it could serve as a starting point for lyrics, but I struggle to see how it can be a useful theme for the music. There was (is) a soft synth called the Cheese Machine or something, and come to think of it one of the most famous distortion pedals of all times is called the RAT. Combine the two, and I can easily imagine that the music will stink. So yeah.

Woosh! {the sound of that one going right over my head} :scared:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

skipscada wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:09 pm and come to think of it one of the most famous distortion pedals of all times is called the RAT.
Ee's no RAT, is Siberian hamster

Return to “Music Cafe”