SSL Native Channel Strip 2 & Bus Compressor 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the information. Very helpful!
★★★ One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet. ★★★

roman.i wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:57 am I tested the demo of the Softube compressor when it was out, and didn't like the sound.
I think it didn't catch up and later was provided as giveaway.
They've given the VCA Compressor away, not the Bus Processor.

db3 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am
roman.i wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:57 am I tested the demo of the Softube compressor when it was out, and didn't like the sound.
I think it didn't catch up and later was provided as giveaway.
They've given the VCA Compressor away, not the Bus Processor.
Right.. :hihi:

Can someone tell me what the Auto Make-up function is for. There is nothing about it in the manual: https://support.solidstatelogic.com/hc/ ... -guide-0-0
★★★ One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet. ★★★

LunarKitten wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 pm Can someone tell me what the Auto Make-up function is for. There is nothing about it in the manual:
On that page you linked to:

"3. THRESHOLD
Sets the point at which gain reduction is applied to the signal. In this compressor design, the Threshold also applies an automatic gain-make-up."

SSL channel console compressors generally work this way - as you compress (ie, lower the threshold), they automatically raise the output of the compressor to compensate for the average gain loss you're getting with your compression levels.

It means you don't need an additional gain knob for make-up gain (because on a console, how much space you have for additional knobs is limited).

beely wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 pm On that page you linked to:

"3. THRESHOLD
Sets the point at which gain reduction is applied to the signal. In this compressor design, the Threshold also applies an automatic gain-make-up."

SSL channel console compressors generally work this way - as you compress (ie, lower the threshold), they automatically raise the output of the compressor to compensate for the average gain loss you're getting with your compression levels.

It means you don't need an additional gain knob for make-up gain (because on a console, how much space you have for additional knobs is limited).
Thanks! I thought that it was supposed to do that for the whole plugin. I was boosting frequencies with the EQ, and was confused why it didn't work, since in the settings menu there is no indication, that it is specifically appling the function to the compressor. I should have read it more carefully. However, having all the options mentioned in the manual would be nice for people who use the crtl-F function.

Return to “Effects”