Kiive NFuse

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New Kiive plugin that is very good, even if GS likes it also. Usual suspects feel free to pile on this one even though you haven't even tried it and never will.

https://youtu.be/Gwm6Kwl-xqw?si=OQtNIXrHIQMS408P

https://www.kiiveaudio.com/products/nfuse
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Mac Studio

Been test driving this now for a few days and I do have to say I really really like it, a lot! What makes it most attractive to me is that it has two very distinct flavors available at the click of a button. All the 'N' bits are a bit "soft and fluffy, or sort of chunky" whereas the 'F' (SSL) is a lot more "focused, tight, clinical, hard". And you get to mix and match between these!

The only thing that sounds a bit "meh.." in my opinion is the SSL compressor part. It's just another take on the bus compressor that has been done oh so many times before and unfortunately, it's not as interesting sounding as most of my other SSL bus compressor plugins. My go-to being the DMG Audio Trackcomp 2, Cytomic The Glue and PA Townhouse compressor and they all have much more distinct flavors of compression and vibe compared to the one in NFuse which is rather polite and soggy/lazy somehow. Can't quite describe what makes me dislike it but it's just not what I'm after with this kind of compression.

I hope Kiive Audio implements the high frequency limiter section from the actual hardware instead. That would have been super interesting, potentially very unique and useful.

Everything else about the plugin is really nice sound wise.

The User Interface, or parts of it, needs a lot more work. How the hell do I copy settings from slot A to slot B? Where can I find a manual for the plugin? Also would be nice if the controls could be linked and moved relative to one another. This would make it nice to operate in mid/side mode so that you could freely tweak the knobs separately but then have some shortcut to move them together linked but so that they keep their relative differences.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:16 pm I hope Kiive Audio implements the high frequency limiter section from the actual hardware instead. That would have been super interesting, potentially very unique and useful.

Everything else about the plugin is really nice sound wise.

The User Interface, or parts of it, needs a lot more work. How the hell do I copy settings from slot A to slot B? Where can I find a manual for the plugin? Also would be nice if the controls could be linked and moved relative to one another. This would make it nice to operate in mid/side mode so that you could freely tweak the knobs separately but then have some shortcut to move them together linked but so that they keep their relative differences.
The HF Compressor will come with an update, soon :)
I already requested an option to copy settings between the A and B states and hope it'll be implemented with future updates on all of their plugins!
You probably did already realize that there's a "normal" channel link mode but I think your idea sounds very handy and useful!
Oh, the manual can be downloaded from where you downloaded the demo. Log into your Kiive account and navigate to the transaction where you can download the NFuser installer and you should find the manual, as well :)

Nothing against them, great plugins no doubt, but im sorta over their stuff. Their preset system bugs me, and theres just not been
anything i just had to have in a while. :shrug:

Yeah I haven't been gelling with any of their other offerings but this one works for me. I really hope they put more effort on the usability though. For instance, it would be very handy to have a way to do opposite trim to the input and output gain knobs, the big main ones. This would make it super easy to quickly gainstage without changing the overall levels too much.

I also don't quite understand why the N and F models have different amounts of main gain range. One is +/- 12dB and the other is +/- 24dB. It's these kinds of inconsistencies that are slightly frustrating.

The inverse-linkable input & output controls were introduced with an update, yesterday.
Also the preset system got an overhaul over the past couple of weeks for all of their plugins and should be working fine now. At least I haven’t experienced any preset browser problems ever since.

Ah good to know! I'm still on the original first release of the demo.

I love the Neve saturation circuits on this.
Mac Studio

I find myself changing to the 'F' (SSL) mode and then switching the distortion block itself to the N style. This gives a different flavor compared to having the main unit as 'N' style.

It's a really deep tone box this one as pretty much all of the sections change some harmonics and how they operate, including just switching between F and N main modes, even if all other modules are turned off.

bmanic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:40 pm I find myself changing to the 'F' (SSL) mode and then switching the distortion block itself to the N style. This gives a different flavor compared to having the main unit as 'N' style.

It's a really deep tone box this one as pretty much all of the sections change some harmonics and how they operate, including just switching between F and N main modes, even if all other modules are turned off.
In fairly light use so far, just basic experimentation, but that's how I'm trending also. The N modes are catching my attention while the F modes, so far, have not.

N saturation - dark knob particularly, with red knob in less amount - has made some nice enhancements on drum bus.

The plugin is great! But you know, it's far from the 3d aspect that the hardware gives us...

Easily the best Bus compressor out there . Neve side has the silk that other plugins just cannot get , they all claim to have silk but this is the real silk. SSL side is saucey , good grip , the widener is 2nd to none , best widener on the market bar none , infact this is the best bus compressor on the market bar none.

Return to “Effects”