New kickdrum synthesizer: Audija KickDrum VST/AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jan_Audija wrote: ā†‘Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:38 am time already to check it on speakers?
yes, i did.
i really like your kickdrum plugin and all the sounds i got out !
Also itĀ“s way, how to save a .wav . ThatĀ“s very handy doing it this way.

i also compared Audija kick vs. kick 2.
Yours feels like a baby. Very fresh, not matured.
kick 2 feels like a matured tool. complete.

But:
kick 2 could never trigger me => to "just sit down and work on kicks". Despite itĀ“s huge potential.
While yours did ! It just invited me to work on shaping kicks.

ItĀ“s the different visual represenation of the waveform that i really like.
But itĀ“s the different handling of the nodes, how it handles the allready set curvatures automaticly, that makes the difference for me. (while searching for new or different sounds).
ItĀ“s quicker, and feels more intuitiv to me.

CanĀ“t say anything vs. if one would sound better than the other.
Might play not anything a role in my case.
Since itĀ“s a package deal for me. (adding "soundshaping FX" afterwards)

ItĀ“s a steal for its intro price !
and everything that is there as a "now given functionality", works fine.

I better talk with you per PM about the "additional ideas" i had.

I bought both Audija plugins. They are fantastic and the company has a lot of potential!

Jan_Audija wrote: ā†‘Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:11 pm
Grodada wrote: ā†‘Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:55 pm It's a very good kick\bass drum generator, could be even better with a noise generator with its volume envelope for transients and to generate snares. At the launch price I didn't hesitate. :tu:
Thank you! Yes, I agree and it's on the future feature list - but it's a bit down the line, because for the sample layer and additional layers, there's quite some restructuring necessary - I plan to start with that next month.
If a noise generator is finally made, could it have a random mode and also a fixed mode? So in random it would sound different every hit and in fixed it would sound the same evey hit. In case it could be done... could also the fixed mode have a changeable seed so it could change the fixed noise pattern?
Thank you very much!

vanerio wrote: ā†‘Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:55 pm If a noise generator is finally made, could it have a random mode and also a fixed mode? So in random it would sound different every hit and in fixed it would sound the same evey hit. In case it could be done... could also the fixed mode have a changeable seed so it could change the fixed noise pattern?
Thank you very much!
Yes, that is a very good idea, thank you! It will be implemented as you described. Currently I work towards the Sample Layers and right after that come the oscillators. When the Sample Layers are on board, already a fixed noise will be possible with a noise sample :phones:

Jan_Audija wrote: ā†‘Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:32 pm
vanerio wrote: ā†‘Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:55 pm If a noise generator is finally made, could it have a random mode and also a fixed mode? So in random it would sound different every hit and in fixed it would sound the same evey hit. In case it could be done... could also the fixed mode have a changeable seed so it could change the fixed noise pattern?
Thank you very much!
Yes, that is a very good idea, thank you! It will be implemented as you described. Currently I work towards the Sample Layers and right after that come the oscillators. When the Sample Layers are on board, already a fixed noise will be possible with a noise sample :phones:
Excellent news :D Thank you Jan!

šŸŒ¼ 50% Spring Sale šŸŒø

Really great kick synth!

I made a shootout in the studio with Kick Drum vs Kick 2 vs Bazzism yesterday. (We have a fully treated studio with big monitors and 2x subs here. I need a treated and tuned room with monitor at least down to 30hz to do this with confidence.)

After 10 min demo resets: Yup, im buying this!

I could make Kick 2 kicks but 20x faster, and always locked on 1/16th note length. Fantastic! I was also close to making my favorite kicks before the demo timed out, which for me only Bazzism can do. I call them woodchop and basketball. Kick 2 never got this close to those kicks for me. Next time I'm in the studio I will see if Kick Drum can fully replace Bazzism.

Using Kick 2 always felt like trying to walk on very slippery ice. I think I got it.. but loose it, again and again. Kick Drum completely dominates it. Itā€™s like Billy the Kid with a 6 shooter vs a drunken spaniard with a front loading musket.

To me the time we have to spend making a kick is essential for keeping the flow to succeed finalizing an inspired track through out. This goes for all sounds, but over here we tend to spend a lot of time with kick and bass alone, so a workflow booster like this spreads fast among my producer circles. I made 4 producer friends buy it yesterday and this is just the beginning. šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤˜

With Kick 2 I would often spend 1 hour or more trying to get the kick to ā€œsitā€.
With Bazzism about 15 minutes.
With Kick Drum 5-10 minutes! šŸ„³

My suggestions:
Option to hide the keyboard would be great. Less clutter = more focus.

Personally don't really care much about sample layers for kick synths, but if you already are working on it never mind. I love simplicity/functionality from a plug. I can do layers easily in the DAW if needed. With an advanced noise synth section could it not replace the need for all that? (Maybe with a sinus lfo to modulate its volume, and a dedicated envelope to modify the vibrato speed and depth over time, plus the overall shape envelope) If so, it would be great if the noise could modify the kick waveform rather than just being layered on top, or at least have an option for it. A real physical kick drum is not layered.

One more thing, not asking or suggesting for it but just sharing some thoughts: I miss a strong electronic oriented kick synth plugin that also can make acoustic inspired kicks that works just as good for dance music. (Something sounding like Clavia Nord Drum.) Either a way to morph between synth and acoustic modeling, or adding some sort of acoustic modeling synthesis that could mix or morph with the more dance floor functional regular synth kick. (In a proper studio it always sounds tighter, cleaner and more punchy to me when the kick is produced as a pure synthesized mono sound rather than layered with others.) Maybe a noise section with vibrato could help..

Return to ā€œInstrumentsā€