Beta Testing of Bitwig Studio 5.2

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rivanni wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:04 pm I assume most people never bother with full screen mode cause it has little advantage and that's why it hardly ever gets noticed or mentioned.
I don't know about the first, but the issue is unrelated to full-screen, as it also happens in windowed mode.
The only time the cursor responds to what is underneath the plugin when the plugin is in focus is in full screen mode.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:19 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 pm But do you have the same behaviours than me or a different ?
I don't know what behaviors you have.

Here, the cursor follows Bitwig when Bitwig is in focus and it follows the plugin when the plugin is in focus. THat changes in full screen mode.
I described the behaviour in detail a few post back.

But anyway, it seems the windowed not windowed is not that true because I managed to get the issue also with windowed.

Anyway, as I said earlier, it is just a click to give the focus so well done Bitwig if you are left only with this kind of bugs.

Jac459 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 pm But anyway, it seems the windowed not windowed is not that true because I managed to get the issue also with windowed.
I haven't come across that with any of my plugins.

Even if only there under certain circumstances. It's still a bug and it's reproducible. I believe it should be fixed... but not in the eyes of the devs of Bitwig
Even though they overhauled the graphics engine, this sh** still carried on.. I don't understand it
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:56 pm Even if only there under certain circumstances. It's still a bug and it's reproducible. I believe it should be fixed... but not in the eyes of the devs of Bitwig
Even though they overhauled the graphics engine, this sh** still carried on.. I don't understand it
I have no inside info so this is entirely speculation... but if an issue like this was in my software and I took a look at it and saw it would take me 2-3 months to address, I would choose to leave it or put it way down at the bottom of my to-do list and prioritize other stuff.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pmI have no inside info so this is entirely speculation... but if an issue like this was in my software and I took a look at it and saw it would take me 2-3 months to address, I would choose to leave it or put it way down at the bottom of my to-do list and prioritize other stuff.
I understand. But I'm still entitled to be mad about it :lol:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:38 pmI have no inside info so this is entirely speculation... but if an issue like this was in my software and I took a look at it and saw it would take me 2-3 months to address, I would choose to leave it or put it way down at the bottom of my to-do list and prioritize other stuff.
I understand. But I'm still entitled to be mad about it :lol:
Of course... I'm not trying to take your mad away. Mad On! :tu:

Bitwig kind of reminds me of the Nero CD burning suite back in the day. I often reviewed it and the word was that they couldn't get the devs interested in routine maintenance and bug-killing, or honing existing features. They worked on what interested them, which was always some new feature, often not sales-enhancing.

Doesn't sound like Bitwig to me. They are doing loads of maintenance, bug-fixing, and foundational feature work.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:09 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm Yeah, I think it’s a really good update. Looking forward to the new mixing devices and especially the precision editing.
The editing stuff is a welcome addition. For example, you can select an audio event in a clip in arrange and split it into a separate clip without going into the editor.
How do you do this? Feel like I missed something in this update. Like you have a clip with 10 audio events and you can drag one of the events out of the clip without using the editor?

Dionysos wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 pm Doesn't sound like Bitwig to me. They are doing loads of maintenance, bug-fixing, and foundational feature work.
They fix bugs, but there are omissions in several areas (audio stretching, loop undo, etc.) that have kept me from using it since 1.x. That would be a lack of foundational feature work.

I guess it depends from what environment you're coming from? What kind of editing stuff you're used to?
I'm kinda really enjoying getting back to Bitwig after a couple of years.
I'll just soon need to make a decision... return the second screen and ask for a refund of Bitwig or keep it and sell Live and Push 2....
If you ask: "por que no los dos?" I need to focus on one. switching back and forth between both just isn't something I can do :D
I also have a Launchpad which can reproduce kind of all of Live's functionality I was using on Push anyway. I don't know

sQeetz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:53 pm If you ask: "por que no los dos?" I need to focus on one. switching back and forth between both just isn't something I can do :D
Same here... whichever one I pick, 1 DAW is all I can handle.

jonljacobi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 pm
Dionysos wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 pm Doesn't sound like Bitwig to me. They are doing loads of maintenance, bug-fixing, and foundational feature work.
They fix bugs, but there are omissions in several areas (audio stretching, loop undo, etc.) that have kept me from using it since 1.x. That would be a lack of foundational feature work.
Not sure I understand what issues with loops and stretching you are referring to are, but I would say bitwig almost always adds foundational features in their updates. They must, simply by virtue of being a younger product. This update for example added missing shortcuts and editing workflow improvements. Boring stuff for most, but foundational. 5.1 added audio quantize and onset detection improvements, and mixer updates and loads of other improvements. 5.0 added MSEGS, a long-requested feature.

It's typically a balance of "catch-up" to other daws and innovation. As a customer I quite like the balance they strike, I think it's nearly perfect. I think early on, it was easy to point out what was missing. Now it's getting harder and harder. I certainly have my own things I wish they would update: visible gridlines, repitch mode pitch adjustment, better slicing in the otherwise amazing sampler, automation adjustments. Otherwise, overall, not much that bothers me day to day. (my previous complaint list included something already fixed in this update, clip-nudging in the arranger via keyboard).

gulugulufish wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:42 am
Not sure I understand what issues with loops and stretching you are referring to are, but I would say bitwig almost always adds foundational features in their updates.
Every update has a bunch of small and sometimes even unmentioned improvements that are useful. For example, down near the bottom of the 5.2 changelog is this item.

* Don't restore the last manual parameter value after clip launcher automation terminates

There are also many excellent functions that lots of users don't find.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”