FM synth with UI similar to Operator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

give Behringer Vintage a go, it's very good.

Reason Rack Algoritm.
MuLab of course :D

OPS7 is the best I've tried that matches my friends DX7. Plogue's libraries are usually programmed to efficiency with low CPU cost. Unlike... nvm.

That said, there isn't anything UI wise that's close to Operator. If you just want a minimal UI simple FM, just get Operator. You're already keen on it and it sounds great for a stock synth.
:borg: :borg: Furnace // Renoise // Ableton // Reaper :borg: :borg:

I think you would very much like BLEASS Omega. It's not the most CPU-friendly FM synth, but it sounds nice and is fun to play around with! Opzilla by 2getheraudio hasn't been updated in a long time, but it has a nice classic sound to it.

emef wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:41 pm give Behringer Vintage a go, it's very good.
Vintage “The last synth you will ever need “

Old thread but the free nakst fluctus is worth a look.

Bazille

Actually i have a lot of experience with FM and was using fm8 back in the days but there is something about operator and its ease of use that makes me for 98% of the sounds want to just use it.
I've tried arturia dx7, plogue dx7 recreation too, dexed and they are not usable in the same nice way to me.
Operator is so easy and efficient that i think there may really be smtg about the interface and integration with live

If you use M4L then Fors Glanta is like a very simplified Operator with just 2 ops

https://fors.fm/glanta

Yeah im actually out of ableton thats why most people on this thread would think of alternatives no ?

pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 amBazille
I have Bazille. I was wondering if its possible to set non-integer ratios like in FM8 or detuning operators using the fine knob like in operator? I tried changing the overtone value to a non-integer
by using shift and drag but it didn't sound like what I wanted.

tlkmx wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 am no ?
yes :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

reppinghades wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:44 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 amBazille
I have Bazille. I was wondering if its possible to set non-integer ratios like in FM8 or detuning operators using the fine knob like in operator? I tried changing the overtone value to a non-integer
by using shift and drag but it didn't sound like what I wanted.
Check the Bazille Manual. You can control Osc pitch however you want. Set it in Hz, etc.

This is in a different DAW, however: FM-4 in Bitwig is very similar in workflow to Operator. But in my opinion it is more functional.

Alexander137 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:08 am This is in a different DAW, however: FM-4 in Bitwig is very similar in workflow to Operator. But in my opinion it is more functional.
Sounds like crap though.

Return to “Instruments”