Reaper 7 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Doing some research on Bitwig, thinking it's sandboxing vst's function was interesting and wondering if a few plugins that crash Studio One might work in Bitwig and then Ableton caught my attention and so of course logically I ended up afterall installing Reaper 7 lol.

The main draw was it's considerable cpu advantage and I was able to explore some presets of Diversion in it's full unison, oversampling glory for the very first time.

I've also by degree adjusted the mouse cursor functions and a handful of other things to make it begin to be more comfortable operating in and I must say, if I can use my few synths and plugins that manslaughter my cpu power free of that worry I may start using Reaper.

I'll likely use it in this specialized fashion to take advantage of my heavier plugin synths and plugins.

Not as daunting as I was expecting when availing myself of the Reaper forum and instructional yt vids. I was wary and reticent to give it a shot but my spazzy impatience was slightly less than anticipated. Have a solid collection of gui themes too, some of them look relatively not bad too.

I like having the choice of (many) themes on Reaper. Currently using Inquasar Dark Matter.

More directly, I have FL Studio, Studio One (early version), and others. Over time, I've found Reaper to often be the quickest route to most of what I want to do, whether it's something quite minimal, or something quite complex. But, hey, that's me, and yes, I still find the others occasionally more suitable for what I want to do. Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by rj0 on Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

nm

rj0 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:03 am Choice is a wonderful thing.
:D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:38 pm
What DAW should I choose? What reverb should I choose? Live or Bitwig? Mac? PC? Penguin?

VOODOO U wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:25 pm
What DAW should I choose? What reverb should I choose? Live or Bitwig? Mac? PC? Penguin?
Choice “is” a wonderful thing but Decision is another animal :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

Every year I download Reaper and mess around with it cause of how amazing a piece of software it obviously is but then I'm reminded how much I dislike the scaling options. Especially where skins are involved. It just looks like arse with a lot of seperate elements fighting for space rather than a unified unit such as FL Studio, I guess Ableton and Bitwig do it right too, don't know of any others but I'm guessing Cubase is still a mess scaling wise. Vector graphics FTW eh?

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:32 pm Every year I download Reaper and mess around with it cause of how amazing a piece of software it obviously is but then I'm reminded how much I dislike the scaling options. Especially where skins are involved. It just looks like arse with a lot of seperate elements fighting for space rather than a unified unit such as FL Studio, I guess Ableton and Bitwig do it right too, don't know of any others but I'm guessing Cubase is still a mess scaling wise. Vector graphics FTW eh?
Honestly the two worst GUIs and UX violating DAWs are Reaper and Reason. Logic, DP, Studio One etc. are all mostly OK. I really do like Reaper, but the GUI and the arrange page paradigm just bug me enough to keep me a peripheral user only for some features and for collaboration at times. In almost all themes, looped items look like intestines. :shrug:

machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:05 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:32 pm Every year I download Reaper and mess around with it cause of how amazing a piece of software it obviously is but then I'm reminded how much I dislike the scaling options. Especially where skins are involved. It just looks like arse with a lot of seperate elements fighting for space rather than a unified unit such as FL Studio, I guess Ableton and Bitwig do it right too, don't know of any others but I'm guessing Cubase is still a mess scaling wise. Vector graphics FTW eh?
Honestly the two worst GUIs and UX violating DAWs are Reaper and Reason. Logic, DP, Studio One etc. are all mostly OK. I really do like Reaper, but the GUI and the arrange page paradigm just bug me enough to keep me a peripheral user only for some features and for collaboration at times. In almost all themes, looped items look like intestines. :shrug:
Reason is actually the only time when my hardware cables got never tangled beyond insanity :hihi:

liquidsound wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:14 pm
What's the difference? 8)

Got Never Tangled Beyond Insanity is a good band name.

VOODOO U wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:07 am
liquidsound wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:14 pm
What's the difference? 8)
Try it :lol:

Wonderful professional DAW with incredible upgrades! for only $60? You guys are kidding me, aren't you? Wonderful sequencer! Perfect stability and lightning fast, Reaper v7 the N1 of the market...only Pro-tools comes close...

Chipi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 am :phones:
Wonderful professional DAW with incredible upgrades! for only $60? You guys are kidding me, aren't you? Wonderful sequencer! Perfect stability and lightning fast, Reaper v7 the N1 of the market...only Pro-tools comes close...

You're having a laugh, :lol: it doesn't even have any decent instruments or effects with nice GUIs.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:46 pm
Chipi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 am :phones:

You're having a laugh, :lol: it doesn't even have any decent instruments or effects with nice GUIs.
That’s why is a Pro Daw.
You use your one pro gear, not the lesser one in a Daw.
Regarding the GUI, where is the problem… :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”