Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am I don't use the DAW much but Reason 'rack' is still one of the best bits of music software I own.
The DAW does have a lot of advantages over Live/Bitwig still- great mixer, decent midi tools, audio pitch correction (like Melodyne) but it is definitely dated other than that and hasn't really found a use niche for me. The rack is where all the real advantages are, best of both worlds in a DAW of choice.
100% !

I hope they give the DAW some love with R13.

damoog wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:45 am Wow is there even any reason users left ?
In my case no and yes. If the Reason 13 update is substantial DAW-wise I'll be fully back in a heartbeat. But I need ARA at the very least.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am The rack is where all the real advantages are, best of both worlds in a DAW of choice.
Nope not at all - as has been mentioned numerous times by me and others you lose everything that's great about the Rack when you use it as a plugin in another DAW (so it's more of a "worst of all worlds"-scenario actually)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:18 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am The rack is where all the real advantages are, best of both worlds in a DAW of choice.
Nope not at all - as has been mentioned numerous times by me and others you lose everything that's great about the Rack when you use it as a plugin in another DAW (so it's more of a "worst of all worlds"-scenario actually)
:o
MuLab of course :D

What surprises you?

jens wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:18 pm
No doubt the Rack offers more if you own the full version of Reason.
But as someone that picked up the Rack for free via Lite and also loads of free points to use in the sale, I am able to use the two PM synths and others in my DAW of choice and paid very little.
That's as far as I want to go as not interested in using the DAW.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 pm What surprises you?
Your 180 opinion...
As a, from v2.5, user, the Rack is an extremely powerful deep VST (Instruments, Drums, FX and those fabulous Players) and if you integrate it in BWS it's even more fun.

liquidsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm
Your 180 opinion...
As a, from v2.5, user, the Rack is an extremely powerful deep VST (Instruments, Drums, FX and those fabulous Players) and if you integrate it in BWS it's even more fun.
The Rack is powerful because you can basically connect anything to anything (i.e. also across different tracks and especially with the built-in devices and RE with their various patch-points)... which you can't if you load it as a plugin in a DAW... other DAWs have their own means of achieving at least some level of modularity, but if the processors sit in a plugin-rack that functionality is basically lost - plus, what's worse is that you not only lose functionality but at the same time you actually increase the complexity because you add another hosting layer - which is why I said it's the worst of all worlds.

Still use and love Reason as a DAW. I still get more music done when I'm in Reason than any other software.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:23 pm
liquidsound wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm
Your 180 opinion...
The Rack is powerful because you can basically connect anything to anything (i.e. also across different tracks and especially with the built-in devices and RE with their various patch-points)... which you can't if you load it as a plugin in a DAW... other DAWs have their own means of achieving at least some level of modularity, but if the processors sit in a plugin-rack that functionality is basically lost - plus, what's worse is that you not only lose functionality but at the same time you actually increase the complexity because you add another hosting layer - which is why I said it's the worst of all worlds.
That's because you are comparing Reason "the Daw" to the "Rack VST".

Nope - others do that and I say it's nonsense. 😉

(Perhaps read Slic's original post I quoted again to get back on track on who actually said what)

“Worst of both worlds” is a very pessimistic view, every software comes with some compromise attached. And there are lots of ways the rack plugin is useful/fun… Is it 100% like the Reason DAW? Of course not but I’m happy to have it.

jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 am Nope - others do that and I say it's nonsense. 😉

(Perhaps read Slic's original post I quoted again to get back on track on who actually said what)
The confusion is "The best of both worlds"...
I'm in one world at the time. :phones:

The really do horrible marketing (or better no marketing?) to support their DAW, it seems they want to get rid of as many of their users as possible.

Whoever is responsible for this publicity marketing strategy should be replaced immediately.

I never felt so irritated by a company as a customer. Unbelievable.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”