Arturia _Augmented YANGTZE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Boooo!!
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:34 amBoooo!!
:D

but it has MPE & MTS-ESP!

Just what everyone wanted.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Still holding out for Augmented Kazoo

BazJacuzzi wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:41 am Still holding out for Augmented Kazoo

Augemented triangle or we riot.

egbert101 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:32 am Just what everyone wanted.
Actually it (almost) is.

I think a range of augmented world instruments would be great. Something that can do a hybrid of real and synthesis in different musical flavours around the world would be brilliant for TV / Film / Game use, more interesting to me than the basics in the rest of the Augmented range.

New sonic territory for Arturia. I love vintage synths, but at this point I can't get excited by yet another re-creation.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

this is awesome, n I love the fact Arturia is keeping the Augmented series a thing.

great job to all the sound designers ;)
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Arturia wants to conquer the Chinese market? ;)

It's cool but why do these have to be different plugins? They are the same structure. Why can't we load the augmented instruments plugin and then pick from pianos or brass or Yankees or whatever.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:08 pm It's cool but why do these have to be different plugins? They are the same structure. Why can't we load the augmented instruments plugin and then pick from pianos or brass or Yankees or whatever.
Because profits.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

Just tried the demo and it actually sounds beautiful and has some very expressive instruments and a lot movement.
I wouldn't buy it personal as a stand alone instrument as I don't use those type of sounds very often, but it will be nice to have when (if) I eventually upgrade the collection (and the longer you wait the more tempting it becomes)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Maybe the next one will be awesome to make V Collection XI a worthy upgrade.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:08 pm It's cool but why do these have to be different plugins? They are the same structure. Why can't we load the augmented instruments plugin and then pick from pianos or brass or Yankees or whatever.
Mixing between the samples/instruments from all the packs that you own would be good.
I only have the Piano and it has put me off buying any more.
egbert101 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:23 pm Because profits.
No reason for the price to be any different if they take that route.
It actually adds value to the series which is a good thing.

egbert101 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:23 pm
Because profits.
exactly...I'd bet these are essentially just pigments presets with custom macro interfaces...draws more purchase excitement than preset packs...augmented is copying NI Play which like the whole industry is just copying the original Output line... instruments that keep you in the sweet spot with only a few controls reducing time and ear fatigue to a recognizable sound, but still giving you a feeling like you actually created something new...most people already have a robust granular resynth and an additive resynth by now...so you can create these faux real sounds yourself just by layering resynths of an instrument with the real...just adjust the snthesized layer levels to taste or mapped to mod wheel, aftertouch, or breath controller...I sincerely doubt these sounds couldn't be made in pigments...but there is always a monetary value to quicker and easier
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Return to “Instruments”