The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

BONES wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:28 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:25 pmThat being said, I am not the only one as so far, the download speed is in kilooctet, 90s style...
Maybe will be downloaded in 10 hours...
I always have super-slow downloads from Synapse but whenever I mention it on the beta forums, I am always the only one with the problem. If you're in Singapore, it's quite possibly some weird bottleneck in the 'net between Germany and SE Asia.
That's sad. I will test again today.

I wonder where are their servers because Bitwig is super fast (like 30-40mb second)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:42 pm So the legend is discontinued ?
There are some things that could lead to this conclusion, yes. While The Legend is still available via an already posted link it disappeared from the list of plugins at their website. Additionally, TLHZ reports its version as 2.000 while TL latest is 1.50. Still I'd wait for Richard to confirm.

MattLeschuck wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:33 pm Loving this so far.

@Synapse - any plans to add right click modulation? Similar to Dune 3.. It really speeds up the process.
You have my begging Richard to thank for those features in Dune 3 😁

Second this. Should be standard for all synths imo
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Meh, it's not something I ever even think to do, except maybe in Continua, because of the way it's implemented there. I much prefer the direct method, with hardwired destinations, so that you only need to use the MM for tricky things. I think my favourite implementation is kHs ONE, where the GUI layout has assignable destinations for each mod source but they are laid out such that it creates a mod matrix along the bottom of the interface. It's slightly less flexible than a normal MM but it works really well.

It's a shame Kilohearts have screwed the pooch with it, it's a handy synth.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:54 am Meh, it's not something I ever even think to do, except maybe in Continua, because of the way it's implemented there. I much prefer the direct method, with hardwired destinations, so that you only need to use the MM for tricky things. I think my favourite implementation is kHs ONE, where the GUI layout has assignable destinations for each mod source but they are laid out such that it creates a mod matrix along the bottom of the interface. It's slightly less flexible than a normal MM but it works really well.

It's a shame Kilohearts have screwed the pooch with it, it's a handy synth.
Yup.

But now you have legend HZ to play with!

(That is when it is finally downloaded!)

I've had Legend HZ to play with for 6 months.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Confused why no demo, do they want to sell this thing?

kylie wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:18 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:42 pm So the legend is discontinued ?
There are some things that could lead to this conclusion, yes. While The Legend is still available via an already posted link it disappeared from the list of plugins at their website. Additionally, TLHZ reports its version as 2.000 while TL latest is 1.50. Still I'd wait for Richard to confirm.
I had assumed the HZ version would be a complementary special edition rather than a version 2. At this point The Legend is more of an analog supersynth than a Minimoog emulation, which I suppose explains the price almost doubling.

It's a almost like a whole new synth so I'm pretty sure they won't discontinue the original Legend, although it will probably only get maintenance updates from here on. (Just speculation, I could be completely wrong.)
jobinho wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:56 amConfused why no demo, do they want to sell this thing?
FFS, they have said there will be a demo version sometime this week. I assume he's had unforeseen problems with it but didn't want to delay the launch any longer.

About the price, it is higher only, if you keep your money in dollars, euro etc. In gold it is still only about a tenth of an ounce. And don't forget, I and some others here paid thousands of dollars for an Emulator 2 back in the 1980ies.
I will try to make some binaural sounds with this wonderful instrument.
artie fichelle sounds natural

jobinho wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:56 am Confused why no demo, do they want to sell this thing?
He said it’s coming in a few days.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

OMG!!! MSEGs in Moog :D .

this thing is a beast! love it, only i think its a missed oportunity not to have 3 note unison poly :) presets are awesome :)

e-musician wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:54 pm Hm, I don't understand this ...

In the Manual (p. 56) it says:

PRESET
Factory presets or user-generated presets can be loaded into the sequencer by clicking on the
display above PRESET. This will prompt a dropdown menu with three choices. These are covered
below.
● Load Midi File - Choose a MIDI file from a hard drive as the basis of a sequence. As mentioned
above, MIDI files should contain only a single track and be monophonic.
● Patterns - Choose from one of The Legend HZ's 20 preloaded sequencer patterns.
● Unload Midi File - Clears the MIDI pattern currently in use. This function only appears after
a MIDI file has already been loaded (you should see a pattern on the display to the right).

When I click on that display above PRESET, I am offered these two choices:

● Load Midi File
● Initialize Sequencer

Also, clicking on either of the PRESET arrows below the display doesn't have any effect.

Where are those 20 sequencer patterns stored?

For instance, there is a preset patch called "Base Tech KS HZ", which makes use of the sequencer. The display shows "Pattern 19". Again, clicking on either of the PRESET arrows below the display doesn't have any effect, so neither can you skip to a "Pattern 18" nor to a "Pattern 20".

I see that there is an "ArpMidi" folder in Documents (Windows), but it is empty. Is this because it is just for USER MIDI files?
For example, there is a preset patch called "Colors KS HZ", which makes use of a MIDI file called "TheSearch01". Is that stored anywhere? How could I exchange it for, let's say, "TheSearch03" (which does exist and is used in another preset patch)?

What am I doing wrong here, or, what do I misunderstand? :shrug:
I have just come across the same this morning when going to try the sequencer.

I don't have a solution but have emailed synapse to find out about it.

Would be nice to have a resonance volume drop compensation option

Return to “Instruments”