Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

Any thing with a XY pad is great in my book.
The Bleass Arp has two so it is fantastic!
That is if it is multi-touch capable.
Perhaps "Hands-On Creative Arpeggiation" means just that!

In any case looks very interesting.

BluesMuse wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:03 pm Bleass Arpeggiator. Algorithmic, but it has LFOs, MSEG and XY pads that can be assigned to the controls. Also a built in simple FM synth. Currently $29. Free demo. VST3 and AAX. Testing now and looking good.

https://www.bleass.com/arpeggiator/
quick sale it is $39 now but does look interesting - will wait for another sale

[/quote]

quick sale it is $39 now but does look interesting - will wait for another sale
[/quote]

Wow- Lucky timing for me. I bought it yesterday after demoing for a while. The demo is time limited- kind of short, but resets after a reload. I am a major sucker for MIDI generators though. :ud: I see Plugin Boutique carries it too (not on sale ATM) but I know they do some BLEASS sales fairly often.
Too many DAWs and plug-ins

Bleass was on sale for $29 previously.
I will have to wait for the next sale.

I am "major sucker for MIDI generators" also, though not major, perhaps. :)

See:
What’s the best Arp VST?
viewtopic.php?t=600221&hilit=arp

bharris22 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:54 pm A quick question for the esteemed group here. Do any of the programs discussed in the previous 62 pages affect MIDI in real time? For example, I was just looking at the Spitfire Audio video for Olafur Arnalds' Stratus, which takes individual notes of a chord and performs algorithmic transformations to some of the notes (delays, repeats, harmonization, etc.). In the Spitfire Audio product, however, this is done with the included samples - I don't believe that you can export the MIDI data.

Is there a similar MIDI FX device that would perform transformations on chords played live? Perhaps Phrasebox does this, but if I am missing any others, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Edit - thinking I can probably create something similar with a series of pizmidi devices, too.
Did you happen to find anything that can achieve this?

I tried to look through the thread but couldn't find anything.

I've found some options for Live but I'm trying to get something for Logic Pro X that could work as a Midi FX.

If anyone knows some sequencer that can create the type of patterns in Stratus I would love to know, would be even better if it could generate them from a midi input instead of drawing the notes ;)

APD are offering Harmony Bloom for 12 USD until 30 May.

https://audioplugin.deals/product/harmo ... eto-world/

Also, 10% off Storewide for a limited time, using code CINCO10 A

A bargain at that price, and the dev has put out multiple updates since it was released recently.

ZincT wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:30 am APD are offering Harmony Bloom for 12 USD until 30 May.

A bargain at that price, and the dev has put out multiple updates since it was released recently.
So nice, I bought it twice 😄
(Gifting it to my brother)

Krafter wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 pm
bharris22 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:54 pm A quick question for the esteemed group here. Do any of the programs discussed in the previous 62 pages affect MIDI in real time? For example, I was just looking at the Spitfire Audio video for Olafur Arnalds' Stratus, which takes individual notes of a chord and performs algorithmic transformations to some of the notes (delays, repeats, harmonization, etc.). In the Spitfire Audio product, however, this is done with the included samples - I don't believe that you can export the MIDI data.

Is there a similar MIDI FX device that would perform transformations on chords played live? Perhaps Phrasebox does this, but if I am missing any others, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Edit - thinking I can probably create something similar with a series of pizmidi devices, too.

I've found some options for Live but I'm trying to get something for Logic Pro X that could work as a Midi FX.

If anyone knows some sequencer that can create the type of patterns in Stratus I would love to know, would be even better if it could generate them from a midi input instead of drawing the notes ;)
I did not. In revisiting this, I am thinking it might be possible, as you suggest, to use an arpeggiator (such as Nora) in connection with some Live midi transformation devices. However, unfortunately I do not have Logic and don't really have any experience as to how this might be done there - perhaps using some of the pizmidi devices, as I mentioned?

ZincT wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:30 am APD are offering Harmony Bloom for 12 USD until 30 May.

What has been updated, do you know?

Raddler1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:44 pm

Below are some details of changes in v1.2.7, 1.2.5 and 1.2.0...
Also, there's a livestream at the end showing v1.2.8 (in development).

Version 1.2.7

NEW: I have implemented an automatic update checking feature. Now, Harmony Bloom identifies if a newer version is available and, if the user has enabled update alerts, automatically presents a popup window that enables direct download of the new version, all without requiring user login.

FIXED: Root Text Font Issues.

FIXED: The tempo control arrows were not functioning properly.

FIXED: Reset to factory colors did not reset the colors of the center Notes and Outer Notes.

Version 1.2.5

What’s New:

NEW: Now in the plugin version, Trigger Bars can be mapped to be sent through different independent MIDI channels. Additionally, it is possible to select the octave for each trigger bar independently. IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all DAWs can handle internal multi-channel MIDI routing. For instance, Ableton cannot do this on Desktop, as it is a limitation imposed by the DAW itself. The same applies to some DAWs for iPadOS, so depending on the DAW you use, multi-channel sending internally may not be possible.

NEW: Bypass. When active, all incoming MIDI signals pass through Harmony Bloom unaffected, effectively bypassing its processing. It's equivalent to disabling the plugin.

NEW: Added new Custom Colors for Dots. Customize the appearance of dots (notes on the spiral) with your choice of colors, enhancing visual feedback and personalizing your user experience.

NEW: The header colors now match the selected colors.

NEW: Now the presets can be exported one by one.

Change of direction and position of the arrows for changing presets to have better control.

Now, various playback controls, like the midi keyboard mode, have the option active to maintain the state through preset changes by default.

UI Changes and corrections.

FIXED: MIDI mappings for the trigger bars were not working correctly.

FIXED: Fixed issue with correct loading using factory presets, quantize offset was loaded a value below the original.

Version 1.2.0
What’s New:

NEW: Show or hide orbits.

NEW: New tools and options to select notes and change their state to be active or not, giving total control to the user over which notes will play.

NEW: Octave selector.

NEW: Control-click acts as right-click.

NEW: Added controls for the user to choose the UI colors and save them as a default.

NEW (Experimental): The spectator mode is an experimental feature
designed to provide a cleaner and more focused viewing experience. When activated, this mode hides all interface elements associated with sequence editing. This leaves only the sequencer visible in the center of the screen, allowing for a distraction-free immersion in the content being viewed.

FIXED: MIDI export buttons generate an empty file when there are no MIDI data recorded, which creates an unusable and problematic file in some DAWs.

NEW: Custom Scales Option.

New Setting panel Layout For Plugin.

NEW: Trigger bars that can be mapped to different midi channels. (ONLY IN STANDALONE) , incompatible with DAWs like Ableton due to their internal routing limitations that merge all MIDI messages.

NEW: Setting panel Layout For Standalone.

FIXED: Can't choose '53' or '59' under Probability.

FIXED: To Bar popup options for buttons.

FIXED: CC mapped fail with top Bar Buttons, Random Speed Offset, Random Even Offset.

FIXED: Random Probability percentage CC tied to Loop Length.

FIXED: Globla reset reset G.Offet and E:Offset.

Several fixes and corrections in the UI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzE1D8mWrm4

ZincT wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:38 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:44 pm

Below are some details of changes in v1.2.7, 1.2.5 and 1.2.0...
Also, there's a livestream at the end showing v1.2.8 (in development).

Version 1.2.7

NEW: I have implemented an automatic update checking feature. Now, Harmony Bloom identifies if a newer version is available and, if the user has enabled update alerts, automatically presents a popup window that enables direct download of the new version, all without requiring user login.

FIXED: Root Text Font Issues.

FIXED: The tempo control arrows were not functioning properly.

FIXED: Reset to factory colors did not reset the colors of the center Notes and Outer Notes.

Version 1.2.5

What’s New:

NEW: Now in the plugin version, Trigger Bars can be mapped to be sent through different independent MIDI channels. Additionally, it is possible to select the octave for each trigger bar independently. IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all DAWs can handle internal multi-channel MIDI routing. For instance, Ableton cannot do this on Desktop, as it is a limitation imposed by the DAW itself. The same applies to some DAWs for iPadOS, so depending on the DAW you use, multi-channel sending internally may not be possible.

NEW: Bypass. When active, all incoming MIDI signals pass through Harmony Bloom unaffected, effectively bypassing its processing. It's equivalent to disabling the plugin.

NEW: Added new Custom Colors for Dots. Customize the appearance of dots (notes on the spiral) with your choice of colors, enhancing visual feedback and personalizing your user experience.

NEW: The header colors now match the selected colors.

NEW: Now the presets can be exported one by one.

Change of direction and position of the arrows for changing presets to have better control.

Now, various playback controls, like the midi keyboard mode, have the option active to maintain the state through preset changes by default.

UI Changes and corrections.

FIXED: MIDI mappings for the trigger bars were not working correctly.

FIXED: Fixed issue with correct loading using factory presets, quantize offset was loaded a value below the original.

Version 1.2.0
What’s New:

NEW: Show or hide orbits.

NEW: New tools and options to select notes and change their state to be active or not, giving total control to the user over which notes will play.

NEW: Octave selector.

NEW: Control-click acts as right-click.

NEW: Added controls for the user to choose the UI colors and save them as a default.

NEW (Experimental): The spectator mode is an experimental feature
designed to provide a cleaner and more focused viewing experience. When activated, this mode hides all interface elements associated with sequence editing. This leaves only the sequencer visible in the center of the screen, allowing for a distraction-free immersion in the content being viewed.

FIXED: MIDI export buttons generate an empty file when there are no MIDI data recorded, which creates an unusable and problematic file in some DAWs.

NEW: Custom Scales Option.

New Setting panel Layout For Plugin.

NEW: Trigger bars that can be mapped to different midi channels. (ONLY IN STANDALONE) , incompatible with DAWs like Ableton due to their internal routing limitations that merge all MIDI messages.

NEW: Setting panel Layout For Standalone.

FIXED: Can't choose '53' or '59' under Probability.

FIXED: To Bar popup options for buttons.

FIXED: CC mapped fail with top Bar Buttons, Random Speed Offset, Random Even Offset.

FIXED: Random Probability percentage CC tied to Loop Length.

FIXED: Globla reset reset G.Offet and E:Offset.

Several fixes and corrections in the UI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzE1D8mWrm4
Thanks very much for posting that :tu:

Can Harmony bloom do basslines or fast repetitive 3 note melodies? The demo's I've watched reveal it's potential, but sometimes it's a little too much for modern day dance music or techno'ish sequences in my case. Interested in peoples feedback who make similar music.

bharris22 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:41 pm
Krafter wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 pm

Thanks in advance!

I did not. In revisiting this, I am thinking it might be possible, as you suggest, to use an arpeggiator (such as Nora) in connection with some Live midi transformation devices. However, unfortunately I do not have Logic and don't really have any experience as to how this might be done there - perhaps using some of the pizmidi devices, as I mentioned?
Thanks for replying!

It really seems to be a very specific type of sequencer, it's proving hard to find a similar option available in the market.

I'll keep searching on how to achieve this!

This is my list of midi effects "bundles" where one can find many midi fx in one location.
Reason Players https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ote-player
Architect by Loomer
Reaktor
Insert Piz Here viewtopic.php?t=300566
Code FN42 https://www.codefn42.com/
Xoxos 32bit https://web.archive.org/web/20160307195 ... .html#midi
MIDI Filter Collection. LVB2 format https://x42-plugins.com/x42/x42-midifilter
Bidule
Hollyhock – use the old Usine version as a VST
DAW midi fx

A very old thread:
viewtopic.php?t=74025