Logic Pro 11 is announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Some say this will be 10.11 version.

I use S1 but bought Logic when I moved to the dark side, too. Any tutorials you really like for a semi-noob?

Seids has some good tips, and the guy with 100 tips per hour as well but...

I guess I need something more structured but that moves rather quicker than the stuff that I found.

soulata wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:08 pm I use S1 but bought Logic when I moved to the dark side, too. Any tutorials you really like for a semi-noob?

I guess I need something more structured but that moves rather quicker than the stuff that I found.
I found going through that Nahmani book was helpful as it touches on a lot of things in the context of an example song.

After that I used the various videos at Mac Pro Video to fill in the blanks. Their videos are quality but their search system is pretty bad for finding specific subjects.

The difficulty with learning Logic via tutorials is there are sometimes three or four ways to do any given task, and many of them have been revamped or changed over the years so they may look or behave different than the tutorial.

roman.i wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:09 pm Some say this will be 10.11 version.
Some say no one will ever be satisfied

soulata wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:08 pm I use S1 but bought Logic when I moved to the dark side, too. Any tutorials you really like for a semi-noob?

Music tech help guy from Youtube.
He has a new playlist for modern Logic, step by step:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8KvuBL ... TsM0Zysayk

Another good source:
https://www.youtube.com/@masteringcom/videos

as someone that moved from s1 to logic there are a lot of things to miss about s1 in terms of workflow but logic is overall better. logics workflow is just barely worse when you get plugsearch (50$). the new update 4.1 for plugsearch is game changing. But yeah a lot needs to be saved into your template. Things like midi transform presets your going to want to save into your template. I ignored saving instruments and channel strip settings to the library for a long time, i recommend using this. A lot of things in logic if you click with option have a different setting. for example if you option click the channel strip settings bar for a normal channel strip you will be able to load effect chains youve saved to busses etc (this is wild to me that you just cant enable this as an option menu) go to the mix tab and make sure you have auto select automation paramater in read mode for easy automation. automation cycle through used parameters keyboard shortcut is \ at least i think it is maybe i switched. get gaffel by klevgrand to get the splitter multiband functionality of s1 in logic. gonna have to set them to different busses and go prefader on the metering with volume set to -infinite to do this. youtube search how to add your samples to untagged loops as the browser is much better in the untagged loops part then if your just using things bookmarked in the default logic browser. untagged loops are easy to add (dont confuse them with tagged loops where you scale identify and describe a loop 1 by 1)

overall its just that plugsearch is a must have. there are many things that logic does better then s1 mostly all the default plugins are things i actually use unlike s1s plugins. logic is by far a lot more stable although not perfect but its not going to be a plugin crash and the recovery of work is even better then s1. i rarely lose stuff and when i do its like the last 1 minute of stuff i was doing.

EDIT: oh ya how did i forget to mention dual mono for mid side plugins or l / r plugins. every plugin you own in logic has a mid side (granted its in one plugin slot but its technically loaded 2 instances of the plugin so more cpu then ones optimized for m/s etc.)
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Thank you all!

I'm not leaving S1, just going to use both. Bought Logic for the included stuff (the drummer and few other bits and bobs). I don't make really complicated stuff and practically don't mix ever. I guess I'm going to use it as a creation station with an added bonus of opening my friends' projects (some of them use Logic).

wouldve tested logic, but their dongle is far too expensive and wastes too much room on the desk

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:49 am wouldve tested logic, but their dongle is far too expensive and wastes too much room on the desk
So, what you're really saying it's that you have a really tiny desk. :hihi:

I prefer Mac because of CoreAudio and not dealing with all the Windows drivers nightmares. Mac isn't perfect (Objective-C, I'm looking at you!) but it ticks all my boxes.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 am
anttimaatteri wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:49 am wouldve tested logic, but their dongle is far too expensive and wastes too much room on the desk
So, what you're really saying it's that you have a really tiny desk. :hihi:

I prefer Mac because of CoreAudio and not dealing with all the Windows drivers nightmares. Mac isn't perfect (Objective-C, I'm looking at you!) but it ticks all my boxes.
There’s a lot of what people call “quality of life” differences between operating systems. Ive used windows and Mac computers for music and work for 30 years. Those quality of life things matter.

Whoever came up with microsoft365 should be burned at the stake. I’m cursed with windows for work from home laptop and I loath it. If I could go back to win2kPro for that laptop I’d be stoked. :tu:

So, yeah, stoked for logic 11 tomorrow.

Coming into a Logic thread saying the Mac is the dongle implies other tiny things than a desk, I think.

Anyway, it's already the 13th here - where's my Logic 11??
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:56 amComing into a Logic thread saying the Mac is the dongle implies other tiny things than a desk, I think.
:hihi:

Where is my Logic!
Where are you

8pvgry.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”