2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kritikon wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:32 am Oooooh! :love:

Do you ship to NZ? And will they fit on other synths? I haven't bought myself a Minilogue yet, but I already want one just to mod it with those knobs. Reminds me of some old 70s hifi gear I used to have aeons ago.
Yes, I can ship them to NZ. The only problem is the cost quadrupled after Covid. I'd be happy to sell them to you for my cost but even that is over $100.

Hmmmmm.
TBH it's frippery and I shouldn't even consider, but...shiney! Knobs! :hyper:
Previously I never thought about modding that kind of stuff but I had a quick surf around. There are a few places to get all sorts of knobs - chunky 50s scifi knobs, shiney pink aluminium ones, plastic, see-through. Found this one https://lovemyswitches.com/knobs/?_bc_fsnf=1

Image Purple shiney knobs, oh my. I can make my synths so camp :party:

Now if I can fit some of those on my Monopoly...might even fit on an MS20 :love:

Knobs are cool. I just bought these for my amp:

Has a large knob.

Oh wait, this isn’t the Say Something About the Poster Before You thread :dog:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Oh please...it's not large, it's enoooooormous. :wink:

Uncle E wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:17 am Knobs are cool. I just bought these for my amp:

Midlife crisis?
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

I bought a refurb dell, TCL smart tv (google) External harddrive.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Landscape Ferrous

A spinning magnetic thing for exciting steel strings, kalimba tines, etc. I've been wanting something in this category that works with bass guitar (unlike the ebow, which only semi-works), so I went ahead and preordered. Curious to try it with steel tongue drums, or just taping an appropriate piece of metal to a frame drum head...

foosnark wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:20 pm Landscape Ferrous

A spinning magnetic thing for exciting steel strings, kalimba tines, etc. I've been wanting something in this category that works with bass guitar (unlike the ebow, which only semi-works), so I went ahead and preordered. Curious to try it with steel tongue drums, or just taping an appropriate piece of metal to a frame drum head...
:o
that's a thing of true beauty!!

Agreed, looks lovely. Would love to use one too. Not a bad price either.

I really love the info on how to use it.

The LED is a very thoughtful addition and would look great if someone was performing.

Over on Lines, bobbcorr pointed out "This would be wild on a spring reverb tank." So I may have to get a spring tank again... :D

vurt wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:09 pm
foosnark wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:20 pm Landscape Ferrous

:o
that's a thing of true beauty!!
Yeah it is. :o 8) ... here I am, resisting it now, as I too have experienced "ebow, which only semi-works", particularly with electric bass. Man, this thing looks so cool!
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

yeah, im just talking looks, as cool as the idea is as well. its just aesthetically pleasing :)

vurt wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 pm yeah, im just talking looks, as cool as the idea is as well. its just aesthetically pleasing :)
Agreed. Emotes that Jules Verne 'Nautilus' vibe, for me. 8)

I can very easily fabricate a small device with spinning magnets, of which I have a variety and plenty. I'll just add that to my list of 'round2its'. :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”