Fabfilter announce TIMELESS 3 !!!!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relativity for Timeless 3 Timeless 3

MrJubbly wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:17 pm
they obliged a few updates ago and now users have the option to disable/enable it, according to taste, by simply left-clicking the "+" Add modulation button and then deselecting/selecting "Show Source Flow" from the pop-up menu.

Yup the source flow thing. Anyway thanks, can't say I was aware of that having never RTFM or
even messed with it in a while. :lol:

Was messing around with Timeless 3 today, trying to consolidate a bunch of old presets so naturally I came up with a few new ones as well. Here is the result of a weird distorted and diffused timeless instance feeding itself into another instance of timeless with a sort of ducked endless stereo delay.

Beautifully distorted timeless chain (Google Drive mp3 1.8mb)

Original dry source (Google Drive mp3 1.6mb)

This combination reacts peculiarly to various frequencies and amplitudes and plays well with all kinds of audio sources.

You can download the two presets HERE (Google Drive .zip 2KB)

The order I had them in was this:

Original source -> 'Driven Diffused Octave bM' -> 'Everlasting bM'

I also tweaked the settings a bit. For instance I removed the pitch shifter from the Driven Diffused preset and tweaked the length of the Everlasting preset (made it a dotted note).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I have problem with that delay. I dont think this is best multi purpose delay at all.
i tried to love that delay but i cant. mostly because there is no reall control of at least two delay lines at same time. this not feel technically as multitap delay or as dual delay even.there is not enough control for example of filtering each delay line from two. this is very creative single delay at max.

Editing tap is very limited and there is no real control of each tap. volume and pan. that gui of taps not showing good enough dependancies in placements in pan position each tap what makes confusing and not clear in planing stereo fx. mess. manipulating pan of each tap is not handy enough.
there should be visualisation pan position of each tap and most important number that show into which filter each tap will be send or not send to filter at all or to all of them. this is crucial basic thing to make this delay work as suppose to work in my opinion. these things should be basics.

third - this is reallly single delay line in my opinion not two delay lines or four in reality.
there should be at least two lines of taps to make it as timeless 2 delay suggest to control two delay lines at same time but in more advanced way.

There is not even a enough control in between delay line 1,2 in comparation to Timeless 2.

I never used timeless 2 but how i can see at gui of timeless 2 that timeless 2 had better single delay lines control

In timeless 2 each delay line (there was two) had individual tempo options like sync and free.
for example two line of tempo sync 1/4 and 1/16

At timeless 3 is really only one option of tempo sync for one delay line not two delay lines. Second can be only placed by +/- amount of ms depending of position of first delay line. This is limitation somehow more like addon to make single delay more stereo. this is extra option as addon for single delay but not dual band delay at least as timeless 2 suggest. there is not even control in between delay lines all is blendend into one in my opinion. where is tempo sync for second delay line ?

I feel this delay is very limited to only one delay line technically. in core this is very simple delay like any other delay but with stereo fx. there is no real deep control as multitap delay. as single delay is veryy good but as device for even controlling 2 tap delay or 4 delay control is very limited in my opinion and very limited here and need a lot of planning to make it fully work with second instance of timeless3 at same time placed at another track. i am disappointed. when i want multi tap work i not using this delay cause this is too much limited and hard to use not handy enough. feel somehow unfinished. love and hate it. But overall each instance is super easy to mix and not confusing but still.

Tap view should be finished to showing pan position. Without this it makes stereo messs when pan is changed.

make pan manipulations of each tap easier and add into which band filter each tap will be send if possible. this is crucial and unfinihed in my opinion that pan visualisation at taps especially.

(!)

please make it as patch for timeless 3. in my opinion without pan visualisations attached to pan volumes and without choosing number of filter band send from each tap this is unfinished and not working as suppose to work. it feels unfinished. with these could be good enough control multi tap delay and even stereo delay even at one line of taps at is right now. please finish it. add patch.

Maybe we could advocate for a “classic view” option?

Nothing that hasn’t been said before. T3 is just not as user friendly as T2.

It's still sitting in my delay fx folder but I pretty much never reach for it. And it's not only for the UI. If I need a simple, good sounding delay, there are tons of better plugins like replika, valhalla or nastydla. If I need a multitap there are much butter options like relayer. If you want crazy FX in your delay, late replies can probably do it better. Timeless really only has the modulation thing going but how much modulation does your music even bear before stuff becomes unmusical? I don't do ambient or psychedlic stuff, etc. so in my case the answer is - not that much. A lot of the presets are great to showcase this. No offense to bmanic, but 90% of the presets do not give me what I want from a delay, they're way too invasive and tweaking them with that clusterf*ck of an UI is not easy.
Maybe I'll try to use it more like an "FX box" like ubermod or something, but as a delay unit this plugin just failed in my opinion.

I don't hate T3 as much as you do and I do actually like the presets... But indeed, this interface is by far the least intuitive of the Fabfilter series.

I disagree here.
Since timeless3 was released it’s taken over 99% of my delay duties.
I rarely used timeless2 and had a handful of delays.
I find it extremely easy to dial in, filter and if necessary drive and diffuse.
Might not be the best interface for “out there” stuff but for mixing it’s by far the simplest and easiest to dial in for me.
before, colourcopy was my go to bread and butter delay. Timeless2 was just too annoying to setup.

Every time I see this thread all I can think of is why so many exclamation marks in the title

audiouser720 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:21 pm Every time I see this thread all I can think of is why so many exclamation marks in the title
to hype plugin and more people buy :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

audiouser720 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:21 pm Every time I see this thread all I can think of is why so many exclamation marks in the title
7 taps, 100pc feedback.

Ploki wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:25 pm I disagree here.
Might not be the best interface for “out there” stuff but for mixing it’s by far the simplest and easiest to dial in for me.
before, colourcopy was my go to bread and butter delay. Timeless2 was just too annoying to setup.
Interesting. From my perspective, the only thing T3 is good for is “out there” stuff, since the interface is so obtuse for basic delay functionality vs Valhalla Delay, Replika XT, etc. This is why I sold it - easy for complex stuff and hard for basic stuff. Glad you’re finding a use for it. I wanted to like it but it’s the first Fabfilter is disliked using (their reverb is the only one I don’t like the sound of).

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:14 am
Interesting. From my perspective, the only thing T3 is good for is “out there” stuff, since the interface is so obtuse for basic delay functionality vs Valhalla Delay, Replika XT, etc. This is why I sold it - easy for complex stuff and hard for basic stuff. Glad you’re finding a use for it. I wanted to like it but it’s the first Fabfilter is disliked using (their reverb is the only one I don’t like the sound of).
I miss offset buttons on delay offset like in LFOs so it would be easier to make L/R different times, but generally it’s pretty straightforward i think.
+ simple diffuse and drive iss dammnn

ProR is an acquired taste tho. It has the quality to invisibly blend into the mix like no other reverb, but doesn’t sound as impressive when soloed

Ploki wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:50 am
vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:14 am
I miss offset buttons on delay offset like in LFOs so it would be easier to make L/R different times, but generally it’s pretty straightforward i think.
+ simple diffuse and drive iss dammnn

ProR is an acquired taste tho. It has the quality to invisibly blend into the mix like no other reverb, but doesn’t sound as impressive when soloed
Pro R2 for blend, VVV for boldness. Super massive for lushness.

Ploki wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:50 am I miss offset buttons on delay offset like in LFOs so it would be easier to make L/R different times, but generally it’s pretty straightforward i think.
I tend to agree but setting different times for left and right is such a basic feature that it shouldn't require such a 4d-chess-ish approach.

Ploki wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:50 am I miss offset buttons on delay offset like in LFOs so it would be easier to make L/R different times, but generally it’s pretty straightforward i think.
Totally agree with this. I did warn FF that a lot of people would be put off by the % nature of the offset ring. Not everybody is willing to do some basic maths in your head.

.. and having the offset dots would be such a time saver.

There are so many things with the Timeless 3 UI that could be vastly improved. I really do hope they revisit this with a proper point update.

For instance I'd also like a pre-delay for both main delay lines, so that we can create syncopated and off beat delay lines instead of having to use a 3rd party extra plugin.

And I wish there was an allpass filter for the filter section. That would be so incredibly powerful. Like all the other plugin companies, FabFilter have their own vision of what they want to create and can be a bit stubborn sometimes. I'm quite satisfied that so many people find Timeless 3 difficult to use because it gives me some "Told you so!!" ammunition. :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”