Step Entry and related

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Ableton, you can hold keys and move the cursor with the arrows on the keyboard, and it will create midi notes. In Reaper, with step entry activated, pressing a note or chord enters those notes according to the current grid size, and then advances the cursor. Logic Pro has something similar, though I've not used it since version 9 on Snow Leopard, so don't know how things are currently in Logic. What is the equivalent in Bitwig?

Creating notes by clicking and dragging with the mouse is an order of magnitude slower. So is there a way to use the midi keyboard to enter notes into a midi clip, step by step (rather than recording live, and fixing everything with the mouse, which again is an order or magnitude slower).

And by order of magnitude, I mean just that. What I can do in two seconds in Ableton or Reaper takes a minute without step entry. I'm hoping Bitwig has this feature and I just can't find it. Related to this, I've started exploring writing my own app for step entry, from which one can drag and drop the resulting midi. But I can't get drag and drop to work with Bitwig properly. (See other post on this.)

There is no Step Record in Bitwig.

Return to “Bitwig”