eLiscencer question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do any products not made by Steinberg use the e-Liscener or is it just a Steinberg only thing?

Steinberg do not require it any more

!
Peeps were annoyed by it

last 3rd party software I remember using it was Arturia - but they dropped it ages ago

VSL, Xils and Virsyn also using/used eLicenser.

nix808 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:15 am Steinberg do not require it any more!
They do if you have an older version of something like Cubase.

I just saw this on their website:

eLicenser Service Closes Down in 2025
https://www.steinberg.net/licensing/eli ... f-service/

It's weird that I didn't receive any notice of this and only knew because I went to their website. I wonder if anyone got an email about it?

Waldorf used it for at least one product (probably more) but there was an exchange process at their website where you could turn your elicense(r) into a Waldorf serial. Also Korg must have shipped stuff with eLicensers - or I would most probably not own a pair of Korg branded hardware tokens. I never had a Korg plugin that came with an eLicenser but apart from the branded housing (and a slightly darker shade of blue) these were just ordinary eLicensers holding any other brands licenses, so I received non-Korg stuff with them.

XILS was the only company that provided eraser codes to me - to not only invalidate but deleting the licenses off the stick. Steinberg flagged stuff with "Upgraded to Steinberg Licensing". Still they can be used with software that is able support the hardware token.

jdnz wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 am last 3rd party software I remember using it was Arturia - but they dropped it ages ago
All my Sample Fuel for HALion is eLiscencer. Although two of their titles also show in my Steinberg account.

And I also only found out by going to Steinberg. No email notification.

Thank you for the replies. Do any of these (discontinued) products use it?
UVI Plugsound Pro
Edirol Orchestral
Edirol Hyper Canvas
Edirol Super Quartet

Tracyeva wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:41 am Do any products not made by Steinberg use the e-Liscener or is it just a Steinberg only thing?
VSL sample libraries and hosts require it for the versions I use.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”