Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:07 pm
Lerian wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:14 pm
MarioNietoWorld wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:57 am You can enable the option to ignore random global or preset changes and keep the scale. Please check the EXTRA FEATURES section of the manual:
https://marionietoworld.com/index.php/support/

"I have some other bugs in reaper - sometimes it stops randomly, sometimes it changes the tempo, and a lot of times the midi recording feature records only one measure and then some 2-3 flat notes all the way to the end. "

I would need to look into this more deeply; I haven't experienced this issue myself and you're the first user to mention it to me. Could you possibly send me a video where this happens to mario@marionietoworld.com so I can take a look?
Thanks, I feel bad (and stupid) for wasting your time.

I will make a video if it happens again, now I started a new project and all seems fine, maybe there was some leftover midi routing in the previous project.

Thanks again for your time, and please accept my apologies for wasting it with issues from the manual.

Best wishes,
Lerian
No problem :)

Btw, in case anyone is interested, I'll be going live in a bit. This time I'll be using the new version of Harmony Bloom 1.2.8, which will be released publicly either today or tomorrow morning:
https://youtube.com/live/YI8AZn95HNI?feature=share
I purchased Harmony Bloom through a 3rd party- am I able to download the update through your website? I would check but not at my workstation rn.

^
this was answered a page or so ago. check the FAQ's on the Support page of the website.

Thanks for the messages :), I'm leaving a post here with all the details:

Harmony Bloom 1.2.8 Free Update Available for Desktop (Coming soon to iOS)

How to Update:

Harmony Bloom automatically detects when a new version is available, and the plugin itself will offer the option to download the new installer directly.

Alternatively, you can download it from your account at www.marionietoworld.com

If you bought Harmony Bloom without an account, don't worry. Just create an account at www.marionietoworld.com using the same email you used for the purchase, and then email me to link your purchase to your new account.

Also today, I'll be live creating music with Harmony Bloom 1.2.8 If you feel like it, drop by and say hi.

https://youtube.com/live/AVk0Q8FgLdY?feature=share

What’s New:

**NEW: Advanced Quantization Settings:** Control note spacing with quantized adjustments for F.Offset, E.Offset, and G.Offset, ensuring sequences align perfectly with your project grid.

**NEW: individual 'Toggle Random Octave Mode'** : controls for each bar in the sequencer: When activated, this mode enables each note triggered by the bar to be played in a randomly selected octave. This feature allows for intricate pitch variations and adds an element of unpredictability to each segment of your musical compositions.

**NEW: Octave controls by trigger bar** now feature the option to be included within the random octave trigger. For example, we can activate the 0 and 12 options in the octave controls, so whenever we have a random trigger, it will only select either 0 or 12, excluding the rest of the options.

**NEW: Auto Fit Window:** On very rare occasions, users may experience issues with the window size. To address this, I have added a button in the settings window that resets the window size and sets the limits on how large or small the window can be resized, based on the monitor it is displayed on.

**FIXED**: Improved precision in automation of large values. Previously, some values lost precision due to rounding during automation in a DAW. This fix enhances fine-tuning capabilities, ensuring maximum accuracy when adjusting parameters through automation.

pekbro wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:57 pm This would be cool(er) with an automata mode...

heh one color theme, tho nobody cares :lol:

bg: 012135 main: C5D4E3 cntr: AD0054 outr: FF8300 :)

Screenshot 2024-05-14 121439.png
Looking good, on the opposite side of my diesel submarine / lamp based astronomical observatory :))

241F1F / FFE8B2 / 0AA2D3

Lerian wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:43 am
Looking good, on the opposite side of my diesel submarine / lamp based astronomical observatory :))

'image'

241F1F / FFE8B2 / 0AA2D3
Nice thanks :tu:

pekbro wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:14 am
Lerian wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:43 am

'image'

241F1F / FFE8B2 / 0AA2D3
Nice thanks :tu:
thank you both for posting your themes. they look great! :tu:

If there's a 'Developer Of The Year' award, I think you've already won it. Perhaps next year, also :tu:

This plugin is from a parallel universe where sonicLAB doesn't place form above function ;)

So I've finally had some time to test 1.2.8. First off all, the automation bug in Reaper is fixed, thank you for this :tu:
Otherwise, I thought I hear no difference at all until I realized I have to click the grid icon to activate quantization :dog: Yeah what should I say... this feature is fkng amazing! I've just tested it on a percussive noise patch and wow ... infinite rhythms! Can't wait to test it on more stuff. Great job Mario!

Now the only thing that's missing imo is a legato switch for the retrigger mode to get more control over the note that is played at a certain time in a sequence. That would make it perfect!

What does E.Offset mean?

thx. :)

mindnoise wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:56 am What does E.Offset mean?

Even Offset delays even notes, (the notes are counted from the center towards the edges) very useful for creating swing patterns or exploring new shapes and rhythmic patterns.

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:24 am
mindnoise wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:56 am What does E.Offset mean?

Even Offset delays even notes, (the notes are counted from the center towards the edges) very useful for creating swing patterns or exploring new shapes and rhythmic patterns.
thanks, found the pdf-manual too! :D , (which is nicely up to date (most YT videos are not anymore).

PS: working with the iPad-version here.

this brings up a suggestion: why not put the full name of the functions on the GUI rather than the shortened forms? There is plenty of room for most of them and it would be far less obtuse.

N. Notes
N. Duration
N. Min
N. Max

Here N. stands for "Number" in one case and "Notes" in the others. Confusing.

S. Offset
Q. Offset
F. Offset
E. Offset
G. Offset

There is enough room to spell each of these out explicitly. Better yet would be to come up with new, more descriptive labels for the Offset group, since the current labels are not intuitive.

The V. Min and V. Max could be Vel Min and Vel Max (since most people are used to seeing Velocity shortened to Vel).

BTW: the floating tool tips are great, but it is still difficult to remember the actual functionality by the labels alone.

:shrug:

JamminFool wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:04 pm this brings up a suggestion: why not put the full name of the functions on the GUI rather than the shortened forms? There is plenty of room for most of them and it would be far less obtuse.
second that! was thinkng the same. :)

JamminFool wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:04 pm this brings up a suggestion: why not put the full name of the functions on the GUI rather than the shortened forms? There is plenty of room for most of them and it would be far less obtuse.

N. Notes
N. Duration
N. Min
N. Max

Here N. stands for "Number" in one case and "Notes" in the others. Confusing.

S. Offset
Q. Offset
F. Offset
E. Offset
G. Offset

There is enough room to spell each of these out explicitly. Better yet would be to come up with new, more descriptive labels for the Offset group, since the current labels are not intuitive.

The V. Min and V. Max could be Vel Min and Vel Max (since most people are used to seeing Velocity shortened to Vel).

BTW: the floating tool tips are great, but it is still difficult to remember the actual functionality by the labels alone.

:shrug:
In fact, you're right. I had shortened the names for aesthetic reasons, but I'm testing it out and the labels with the full names look good, and the controls are clearer. I'll include this change in the next version, 1.2.9.

Return to “Instruments”