The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

chagzuki wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:22 am
jobinho wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm I was excited for this one but finding it quite underwhelming. The modulation system isn’t fast enough, the MSEG’s aren’t tactile like Pigments. There are 6 Oscillators which take up lots of space and won’t get used and no way to pan them. It does sounds good but isn’t a joy to use and it needs more filter options. All imho.
I gave the demo a quick try yesterday. I may have missed a bunch, but I have the same impression. I'd want the LFOs and MSEGs from Dune, rather than the clunky system here. I'm a big fan of The Legend, and will keep using the original. I'll update if I feel rich one day. Also, the original GUI is easier on the eyes, with less stuff to demand attention.
You missed the 6 oscillators working awesome together.
For the MSEG, I agree...
You need pixel accurate clicking, I would like a zoom.

The MSEGs are from Dune, at least they load Dune presets.

Agree about gui, but I changed background to make it bearable (made it negative)

seafire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:43 am The MSEGs are from Dune, at least they load Dune presets.
Ah, my memory told me Dune had a smoothing parameter, but it doesn't. Been using Falcon recently for that sort of thing.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

<list your stupid gear here>

chagzuki wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:22 amAlso, the original GUI is easier on the eyes, with less stuff to demand attention.
Really? I love the GUI, I think it is easily the best of any of Synapse's instruments. Everything is where you expect it to be, it's all well laid out and it looks beautiful. I was sold from the first screenshot I saw of it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Except its a wash of the same shades. Prefer a bit of contrast myself. Too may knobs clashing with the background.

Of course, i understand they are going for the look, but it's not easy on my old eyes

You know you can mess with the background right?

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Fri May 17, 2024 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

BONES wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:23 pm
chagzuki wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:22 amAlso, the original GUI is easier on the eyes, with less stuff to demand attention.
Really? I love the GUI, I think it is easily the best of any of Synapse's instruments. Everything is where you expect it to be, it's all well laid out and it looks beautiful. I was sold from the first screenshot I saw of it.
You're a graphics man yeah? Unemployed, presumably :hihi:

Yeah, I know, a poor jab...

BONES wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:23 pm Really? I love the GUI, I think it is easily the best of any of Synapse's instruments. Everything is where you expect it to be, it's all well laid out and it looks beautiful. I was sold from the first screenshot I saw of it.
The Legend is like a comfortable armchair to me, friendly. But I took another look at HZ and realised there are GUI controls; brightening the background makes it less optically aggressive on my monitor, and closer to the original Legend. Also taking the bezel/light-source effect down makes it visually quieter, I prefer it that way. Looks nice to me now.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

zvenx wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:39 pm You can you can mess with the background right?

rsp

Yeah, and make your own knobs/switches, but it's quite fiddly, and no config file, so its a bit limited (and a pain to work out that a 90x90 knob image is actually offset 17% top left, not a simple centered graphic...)

Anyway, rather than make my own knobs to ease the eye ache, I just made the background negative. (Some of the fluid text is hard to read, but I can live with that)

I wasn't going that deep, I meant with the screenshot I sent and what chagzuki said.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yeah, those are too subtle for my taste.

Good of them to offer those options tho

BONES wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:23 pm
Agreed. My only grief is the MSEG edition which is a bit fiddly as the screen is a bit small. Would be nice if it could pop-up or zoom.

Or change gui size

seafire wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:44 am Or change gui size
Mmm, I feel that even with the plugin full screen, my poor eyes would still struggle.

Return to “Instruments”