Bitwig 50% off sale!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jac459 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:58 am
ChanceB wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:49 pm
Jac459 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 pm
runagate wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:21 pm I finally bought the full version due to this sale, almost exclusively due to the CLAP and MPE support
Cool, welcome to the family 😃.

You HAVE to play with the modulation system though. It is a paradigm shift.
It really is,I was just thinking right before reading this how easy and fun and fast it is to do things in Bitwig that would take so much more time automating and linking to controllers and what not in Fl Studio. And I love how I can easily bring a static VST to life,although using Bitwig I’ve found that I don’t feel the need to use 3rd party plugins as much and actually want to try and use all the stock devices together. Crazy stuff,very exciting really. Even if a few things are missing it’s really the perfect DAW in my opinion
Well, it depends of your workflow but for me I ended my hunt here. There is no chance I change DAW anytime soon.

Another thing you can try with the modulation is have global modulations and make them control different things in many different parts of your track and use it for a transition. Or even use them to have 2 different verses. (You silence or open tracks, you change an arpegiator pattern, you open a filter, you add a reverb wetness...).
With one knob controlling so many things in your song it really opens some mixing and arranging possibilities.

It you are using the devices of Bitwig, you have to play with the voice stacking. It is a bit geeky and not instantly rewarding but it is a unison like you never seen before.
Perhaps being primarily an FL Studio user that bit just seems normal to me; previously I used Tracktion and/or Studio One when I had to deal with editing MPE automation which you can imagine I was none too happy about. I had once used Usine for such things where FL didn't quite do what I needed. The idea that exporting Bitwig to Studio One projects will just work is certainly a big plus.

I am very aware of the advantages of Bitwig and have been for a long time. Sadly, I've used almost all of them as various advances have crawled closer and closer to what I ideally need. Some of the best features of Bitwig are things I will never need. I of course will have to try them nonetheless.

Anything with MPE automation editing, articulations, CLAP, MIDI-CI, and MTS-ESP support will get my money. Bitwig seems likeliest to implement MIDI 2.0 (I guess Live does but I loathe it)

ChanceB wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:43 am
runagate wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:21 pm I finally bought the full version due to this sale, almost exclusively due to the CLAP and MPE support

It really is,I was just thinking right before reading this how easy and fun and fast it is to do things in Bitwig that would take so much more time automating and linking to controllers and what not in Fl Studio. And I love how I can easily bring a static VST to life,although using Bitwig I’ve found that I don’t feel the need to use 3rd party plugins as much and actually want to try and use all the stock devices together. Crazy stuff,very exciting really. Even if a few things are missing it’s really the perfect DAW in my opinion
Well, it depends of your workflow but for me I ended my hunt here. There is no chance I change DAW anytime soon.

Another thing you can try with the modulation is have global modulations and make them control different things in many different parts of your track and use it for a transition. Or even use them to have 2 different verses. (You silence or open tracks, you change an arpegiator pattern, you open a filter, you add a reverb wetness...).
With one knob controlling so many things in your song it really opens some mixing and arranging possibilities.

It you are using the devices of Bitwig, you have to play with the voice stacking. It is a bit geeky and not instantly rewarding but it is a unison like you never seen before.
This is a very cool idea ,something I never thought of. I’m very new to Bitwig and have only scratched the surface of what it’s capable of but I feel like the possibilities are endless and that I could be quite happy with only Bitwigs built in stuff. I haven’t felt this way with other DAWs. It’s very cohesive and works as a system.
Exactly what I meant:

https://youtu.be/E_n4JXDOfQE?si=9fVScHjChpie4VSU
runagate wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 pm Perhaps being primarily an FL Studio user that bit just seems normal to me;
Is it something you can do easily in FL? Macros of macros controlling everything at song level?

Jac459 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:59 am
ChanceB wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:43 am

This is a very cool idea ,something I never thought of. I’m very new to Bitwig and have only scratched the surface of what it’s capable of but I feel like the possibilities are endless and that I could be quite happy with only Bitwigs built in stuff. I haven’t felt this way with other DAWs. It’s very cohesive and works as a system.
Exactly what I meant:

https://youtu.be/E_n4JXDOfQE?si=9fVScHjChpie4VSU
runagate wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 pm Perhaps being primarily an FL Studio user that bit just seems normal to me;
Is it something you can do easily in FL? Macros of macros controlling everything at song level?
That’s really cool,gonna have to try something like this,it’s not something I’m inclined to do or maybe it’s not the way I think of doing things but I like it

ChanceB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:04 am That’s really cool,gonna have to try something like this,it’s not something I’m inclined to do or maybe it’s not the way I think of doing things but I like it
Yeah me too, but I used it for some transitions or sound design stuff and it is really fun.
I find it a good way to "unstuck" you when you are.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:05 am
For ARA it is for Melodyne and for SpectraLayers. Yes I can do this with Melodyne and SpectraLayers as stand alone or as VST's but ARA simplifies the workflow. Ok, ARA is not a 100% deal breaker but not sure what it would take to proceed to a DAW without it.

As for the modular environment I just love the freedom it offers to route the modules and to edit the routing. Bidule and others one can mix the native modules, midi and audio fx and instruments in the same environment. It seems that his is not true in BW. Perhaps I can adjust to the BW workflow.

edit: I really like FL Studio and Mulab but they will not become my main DAW's at they do not include ARA implementation. They can run as VST's in my main DAW.
Thanks for sharing. I don't have melodyne so can't comment on that.

As for bidule, what type of things do you use the modularity for?

I find in Bitwig that if I have a part I can build really flexible routing with FX. It's maybe the best part for me. You can put a track into a group, can easily duplicate or just route in to parallel tracks, add FX send locally within just that group, and I also find FX super quick to drop in, even these can be grouped with mix controls etc. haven't really found many limitations for what I need.

In BitWig I really like that the modules have a GUI.
If BitWig was available as a VST I would definitely get it!

I have several possible alternatives to Bidule.
Unify
Mulab Plugin
Freestyle
Metaplugin
Element
Loomer Architect
FL Studio

I like modular environments because it allows one the freedom to route audio and midi.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:04 pm In BitWig I really like that the modules have a GUI.
If BitWig was available as a VST I would definitely get it!

I have several possible alternatives to Bidule.
Unify
Mulab Plugin
Freestyle
Metaplugin
Element
Loomer Architect
FL Studio

I like modular environments because it allows one the freedom to route audio and midi.
Bitwig isn't wholly modular but it's very close. You're just not seeing or having to cable things together in the traditional sense.

You can for instance inject audio or MIDI from anywhere to anywhere at any point in the signal flow (both in serial and in parallel signal flow schemes) via the audio receiver and note receiver devices. Audio and MIDI can live on the same track. Also, Audio files playing back from arrange and MIDI can exist on the same track when it is a hybrid track.

Cheers
"music is the best"

Return to “Bitwig”