One Synth Challenge #181: Surge (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/stoogebag/t-infi ... cb8d07aafb

Heyo all. First entry for me, this was an excellent way to get myself acquainted with Reaper and with synths in general. looking forward to hearing the others' work.

15 instances of surge in Reaper 6.81

non-surge FX used:
- Oril river reverb
- TDR Nova Eq
- ReaLimit

presets used or modified:
- Quiz
- Clarinet
- Chowning
- Hi-Hat
- Verber
- Snare Tight
- Kick 909ish
- Noise Crash 1
- Late Fall
- Qealchee
- E-bass
- Primitive Reese

stoogebag wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:34 am https://soundcloud.com/stoogebag/t-infi ... cb8d07aafb

Heyo all. First entry for me, this was an excellent way to get myself acquainted with Reaper and with synths in general. looking forward to hearing the others' work.

15 instances of surge in Reaper 6.81

non-surge FX used:
- Oril river reverb
- TDR Nova Eq
- ReaLimit

presets used or modified:
- Quiz
- Clarinet
- Chowning
- Hi-Hat
- Verber
- Snare Tight
- Kick 909ish
- Noise Crash 1
- Late Fall
- Qealchee
- E-bass
- Primitive Reese
Welcome!
This is the best training and growing up place for music out there !

wangeroge wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:24 am
RichardSemper wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:47 pm Yay! managed to complete a new submission for this 15th Anniversary :party:

Made For KVR OSC 181 - Using 13 instances of SurgeXT (Clap version) in Mulab v9.5 Beta
All sounds designed by me from Init.
DAW Fx: muverb, limiter, filter, stereo splitter.
(Used Sensel Morph MPE controller to play the lead patch).

https://soundcloud.com/richard-semper/electronix-surge
Did you do the vocals with Surge? How?
I have updated my submission post with a more detailed description, and link to where patches can be downloaded.

loord wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 am https://soundcloud.com/verba/trompet-impression

This is my track with Surge.Remember vinil?.... :?:
DAW Studio One,18 inst Surge,FX Limiter,Pro EQ,Analog Delay,Room Reverb
I really like this track. Like the composition and the sound design is really special. By any chance could you share the trumpet, vocal pad and vinyl patch? Or give some info about them? Which oscillators were used?

Hi all, my submission didn't have the filename in the correct format and I can't change it without a pro subscription. how big of a deal is this and/or am i permabanned?

stoogebag wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:39 pm Hi all, my submission didn't have the filename in the correct format and I can't change it without a pro subscription. how big of a deal is this and/or am i permabanned?
If you're on the voting list then I wouldn't worry about the filename - If you do change it now, you will (at least) lose any comments or likes (and possibly more, I'm not 100% sure if it would affect anything else as long as the URL stays the same). Probably safest to leave it as it is, though.

Is my memory failing me, or there was a way to download all the tracks in Mp3 ? :-|
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Parduz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:31 pm Is my memory failing me, or there was a way to download all the tracks in Mp3 ? :-|
You can download from SoundCloud by clicking the '...More' menu, then selecting download. Unless someone forgot to set the track as downloadable...

neverbeeninariot wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:58 pm
Parduz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:31 pm Is my memory failing me, or there was a way to download all the tracks in Mp3 ? :-|
You can download from SoundCloud by clicking the '...More' menu, then selecting download. Unless someone forgot to set the track as downloadable...
yup, one by one in wav format to be converted.
for some reason, i recall gettin them all in a single download...

... but my last one OSC was 7 years ago, and i'm becoming old :)

Well, i'm creatin a playlist to listen to the tracks in my car.
I have a couple of questions:
1) @brainbeat, @TRZM13L, @IV: would you like to make the tracks downloadable so i can have them also?
2) It's ok to attach here a zip file with the tracks in MP3 and the playlist for someone else who may find it useful?

The car test! Let's goooo
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

empphryio wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:11 pm
loord wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:11 am https://soundcloud.com/verba/trompet-impression

I really like this track. Like the composition and the sound design is really special. By any chance could you share the trumpet, vocal pad and vinyl patch? Or give some info about them? Which oscillators were used?
Loord, please stop sending me private messages. Can you please post the patch for either the vocal pad or trumpet here. Here in this thread.

(Edited to remove any semblance of coherency and keep things secretive.)

Please let's keep this friendly and simply upload a patch for either the vocal pad or trumpet. Do not send me another private message. The conversation is here.

Just a patch. If you don't understand how to, feel free to ask. And do so here. Not via pm. Thank you.
Last edited by empphryio on Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

empphryio wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:16 pm
empphryio wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:11 pm

Loord, please stop sending me private messages. Can you please post the patch for either the vocal pad or trumpet here. Here in this thread.
If you don't understand how to, feel free to ask. And do so here. Not via pm. Thank you.
@empphryio Please do not share the contents of private messages on a public forum.

@loord If you are not happy sharing the patches for your trumpet and vocal pad you can send me your project file via private message. This will remain confidential, and after checking I would be able to give reassurance on the forum as to its legitimacy.

When the person keeps responding privately to public messages then what??? I had previously told him months ago to stop sending me private messages. Should I respond publicly when no one has any idea what the other side of the conversation is? Anyway fine. I'll remove his secret response.

voted. many awesome tracks as usual.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Return to “Instruments”