Replacing 2Caudio Reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2ca wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:01 am my new reverb prototype is ready for testing for those who have ARM-based Macs and VST3 host(s).
anyone who is interested in trying it email me at info@devproaudio.com
Do you mean it's mac only right now? Or VST3 for windows as well?

thanks

ARM-Mac-VST3 only at the moment.

2ca wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:12 am It's more like Aether with separate Early and Late reflections but it's much more versatile than any of 2C reverbs. I hope people will like this type of reverb design.
:hyper:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Don't worry about Mac. All the professionals use Windows.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:11 pm Don't worry about Mac. All the professionals use Windows.
:clown:

Aloysius wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:11 pm Don't worry about Mac. All the professionals use Windows.
Yes, but the amateurs are more. :D
Yorgos Simeonidis

Mourning the loss of B2. Coming close to finishing a fresh OS re-install, and B2 has become a casualty of MOS Ventura. I did previously have it working on he last OS, even under M1 Silicon (Non-native). Even thought the installer didn't work, just copying the component ad vst from an old machine seemed to work.

Not this time :(

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:48 pm Mourning the loss of B2. Coming close to finishing a fresh OS re-install, and B2 has become a casualty of MOS Ventura. I did previously have it working on he last OS, even under M1 Silicon (Non-native). Even thought the installer didn't work, just copying the component ad vst from an old machine seemed to work.

That sucks. I am going to try and keep my 2010 macpro up and running with Monterey. so far my vast supply of audio tools all still work. I'd rather have B2 and the other 2C reverbs than ventura anyway. I am getting mentally prepared that this 2010 macpro may be the music machine I die with. Otherwise upgrading the machine means a whole host of headaches, costs and losses. I figure at some point my set up will no longer be widely supported and I'll have to learn to live in the little 2010 world I created.

Mac users never learn.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

plexuss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:04 pmThat sucks
...unless I just managed to gt it working :o

A kind member pm'd me, and mentioned having needed to copy over various 'Application Support' files, when they performed their 'ghetto' install. Sparked a memory I'd done similar, so i went lookgin for the other files on my backup drives...and couldn't find anything.

As a last ditch attempt I tried logging into 2CA's Designer Sound web-store, fully expecting my account to be inaccessible. But alas...An email request to reset the password later, and I had access to my files. And although the last Mac version was unavailable to download, I was able to download a previous version...which installed...without issue...and works :o :o

:wheee: :wheee: :hyper: :hyper: :wheee: :wheee:

Anyway, I hear ya on the dilemma of the trade-off between new OS and old plugins. However, in my case, it's ultimately LPX banging the drum. Fortunately I've managed to whittle down my plugin collection to a pretty conservative amount, most of which seem to be content being dragged along for the ride. B2 looked like ti being the exception. but it lives to fight on another day :tu:

Aloysius wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:09 pm Mac users never learn.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:48 pm Mourning the loss of B2. Coming close to finishing a fresh OS re-install, and B2 has become a casualty of MOS Ventura. I did previously have it working on he last OS, even under M1 Silicon (Non-native). Even thought the installer didn't work, just copying the component ad vst from an old machine seemed to work.

B2 is working fine on Sonoma

sqigls wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:12 pm

B2 is working fine on Sonoma
That’s great news. Thanks for the info :tu:

vst2 that is, not sure if they released vst3s?

sqigls wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:03 am vst2 that is, not sure if they released vst3s?
Ah, gotcha! I'm using AU :wink:

While this might still work on Sonoma I'm in no rush to leave Ventura. At least I can now go back and bounce-to-audio any instances of B2 within my tracks...just in case.

Anyway, I'm not entirely convinced this is the end of the 2CA story. So I'ma hold on as long as i can.

Cheers :tu:

Return to “Effects”