Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And here's the upgrade pricing from Recording Studio Version 9:

to Recording Studio Version 10
$29
to Pro Studio Version 10
$79

Not that unreasonable, imho. Recording Studio is a bit crippled without Melodyne ARA integration, but that's what keeps it from cannibalizing Pro Studio sales.

https://acoustica.com/products/mixcraft-10-upgrade

Surprised nobody has anything to say about the latest bundle of synths. Never used Mercury-4, Polymode, DCO-106 and Eight Voice before. I picked up the previous Cherry Audio VST Bundle set and was pleasantly surprised. I used a few in my latest track.

A reminder that this set of VST Effects on offer expires in two days.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/a ... edium=link
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:54 pm Surprised nobody has anything to say about the latest bundle of synths. Never used Mercury-4, Polymode, DCO-106 and Eight Voice before. I picked up the previous Cherry Audio VST Bundle set and was pleasantly surprised. I used a few in my latest track.

I downloaded demos of them, fully expecting to be underwhelmed by the interface (and likely whelmed by the sound), figuring I would pick up the Polymoog for $1. Ended up loving the Roland emulations, and the Eight Voice sounded great to me (just not sure how much time I want to spend programming that!).

So I was sold on them after trying them out. Maybe if you already have emulations of these instruments then there's not much for you, but they really impressed me.

concealed identity wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:48 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:54 pm Surprised nobody has anything to say about the latest bundle of synths. Never used Mercury-4, Polymode, DCO-106 and Eight Voice before. I picked up the previous Cherry Audio VST Bundle set and was pleasantly surprised. I used a few in my latest track.

I downloaded demos of them, fully expecting to be underwhelmed by the interface (and likely whelmed by the sound), figuring I would pick up the Polymoog for $1. Ended up loving the Roland emulations, and the Eight Voice sounded great to me (just not sure how much time I want to spend programming that!).

So I was sold on them after trying them out. Maybe if you already have emulations of these instruments then there's not much for you, but they really impressed me.
Going to download the demo of Eight Voice, which incidentally has a price of $30 just to buy from Cherry Audio's site. The cool thing about the Cherry synths I bought the last time in the Humble Bundle was that you can rescale the interface which I'll presume that I can do with these ones also.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Graphics & Video Applications

"Bring your vision to life

Get inspired and get creative with this bundle of amazing visual art software from Corel! Sketch, paint, and illustrate with the renowned Corel Painter 2023, plus a kit full of brush packs to help you create your signature style. Make every shot your best shot with the advanced photo editing of PaintShop Pro, and harness the time-saving power of AfterShot Pro. Become a master of the digital canvas with the help of Corel, and support Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) with your purchase! "
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Horror Sample Set

"Create a sinister soundscape for your game, film, or audio project with this bundle of spooky samples, macabre melodies, and more royalty-free horror music and sound effects. Craft a chilling auditory experience with the unnerving chords and experimental sounds of Ovani’s Apprehension Engine sample packs. Unnerve your audience with royalty-free horror and sci-fi music. Get 150 music files and 1,200+ sounds, and help support American Cancer Society with your purchase. "
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For the next few days, this plugin suite and sample bundle are still available.

"Create music, craft SFX, and make your sound even more spectacular with this awesome audio bundle! This eclectic collection features plug-ins like Obsidian and Outlaw designed to make it easy to transform your sound with spectral delay, reverb, gain leveling, and more. You’ll also get a library of dozens of royalty-free sound packs, including music samples and loops for K-pop, hip-hop, synthwave, or EDM styles. Get the sound you’re seeking, and help support Child’s Play with your purchase!"
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eldamar Studio Photo Graphics Bundle.

This bundle is quite literally madness, but in a good way for anyone, who uses Photoshop in particular but not exclusively so because the amount of content is vast or rather bonkers for a wide range of applications. Unusually though, there aren't any actual programs. See above for the bundle with the graphics applications.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This one is a plugin bundle, but seems pretty naff to me.

"Bring the music in your head to life

Turn the songs in your soul into certified hits with this musicmakers’ software bundle! This powerhouse pack features a mix of presets, plugins, loops, sample packs, and more to help audio producers and DJs achieve the sound you’re going for. You’ll also get a coupon to save 20% off FL Studio Fruity Edition for a limited time. Get the software and sounds you need, and help support Alzheimer's Research UK with your purchase!"

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/f ... inov23_ann

A reminder that Corel's Painter 2023, PaintShop Pro 2023, Corel Aftershot Pro and Corel VideoStudio 2023 are available for another two days. (£24.63 for the lot)

The Bonkers Graphic Assets Bundle is also available for another two days also.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/b ... warebundle

If that doesn't float your boat, then the offers below might grab you. :wink:

This one isn't a Humble Bundle Deal but it might well be what you're looking for when it comes to a Photoshop alternative. Affinity Photo 2 is available on a Black Friday offer with 40% Off. That's £40.49.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

For an Adobe Illustrator alternative Affinity Designer 2 is available for £40.49 as well.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/designer/
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Update Note:
/\ *************** Affinity has a 40% off offer as highlighted above for the next 37 hours of this post **************** /\

____________________________________________________________________________________

Creative Frontier Bundle.

Magix Music Maker 2022 Premium
Sound Forge Pro 15
Vegas Pro 19 Edit

Total content creator’s package

Upgrade your video and audio creation capabilities with this comprehensive content creator’s toolkit, packed with world-class software and assets to make your output soar. Vegas Pro 19 Edit is a comprehensive video editing software package that’s easy to learn and includes sophisticated compositing features as well as integrated audio and effects. You’ll also get Sound Forge Pro 15, a powerhouse audio editing suite with extensive plugin support, designed to deliver flawless masters. You’ll also get the easy-to-use Magix Music Maker 2022 as well as a boatload of loops, instruments, effects, and more! Pay what you want for this content creator’s treasure trove and help support Save the Children!

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/v ... SHORT}_ann

I think I'm over Serif and affinity personally... It starts up faster than PS, that's about it. :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:15 pm I think I'm over Serif and affinity personally... It starts up faster than PS, that's about it. :shrug:
I have Photoshop CS6 still, it was a big investment. Affinity Photo is cool for what it offers but it does feel more like an emulation offshoot which is irksome for a long-time Photoshop user. Missing some features in the FX layers, user interaction is different which is a bit jarring. For the price, you can't complain though.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:03 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:15 pm I think I'm over Serif and affinity personally... It starts up faster than PS, that's about it. :shrug:
I have Photoshop CS6 still, it was a big investment. Affinity Photo is cool for what it offers but it does feel more like an emulation offshoot which is irksome for a long-time Photoshop user. Missing some features in the FX layers, user interaction is different which is a bit jarring. For the price, you can't complain though.
I used to use Adobe Creative Suite many moons ago. The layer styles in Photoshop are OP for professional graphic and GUI design. I own all Affinity software up to their new v2 updates. The equivalent layer effects are not on the same level. Affinity is also rather more finicky than Photoshop.

Even some basic stuff like the implementation of Affinity's eye drop tool is ridiculously convoluted by comparison. Affinity's default layer clipping while trying to re-arrange their stacking order is also cumbersome, compared to Adobe's key modifier of holding ALT key to distinguish between when the user intentionally wants to clip layers, as opposed to simply moving them.

Affinity are a decent budget alternative. But they are nowhere near the professional level of Adobe's stuff. What's more, from observing the snails pace of Affinity's progress of updates and still not integrating even some basic features for years and years, I doubt they will ever manage to worry Adobe as serious competition. But for many casual users, Affinity is pretty decent for what it can do.

MrJubbly wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:15 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:03 am
I used to use Adobe Creative Suite many moons ago. The layer styles in Photoshop are OP for professional graphic and GUI design. I own all Affinity software up to their new v2 updates. The equivalent layer effects are not on the same level. Affinity is also rather more finicky than Photoshop.

Even some basic stuff like the implementation of Affinity's eye drop tool is ridiculously convoluted by comparison. Affinity's default layer clipping while trying to re-arrange their stacking order is also cumbersome, compared to Adobe's key modifier of holding ALT key to distinguish between when the user intentionally wants to clip layers, as opposed to simply moving them.

Affinity are a decent budget alternative. But they are nowhere near the professional level of Adobe's stuff. What's more, from observing the snails pace of Affinity's progress of updates and still not integrating even some basic features for years and years, I doubt they will ever manage to worry Adobe as serious competition. But for many casual users, Affinity is pretty decent for what it can do.
certainly affinity is a good way to go for many. I have a sub for PS though, having maintained it
for professional reasons ever since Adobe went sub only. For me affinity doesn't make much
sense, it never did actually though of course I own version 1 of the entire suite because I am
a graphics software nerd.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”