Replacing 2Caudio Reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:21 am I'm not entirely convinced this is the end of the 2CA story.
It is - Denis is doing his own thing now and Andrew didn't even go as far as to publically comment on the issue in any way yet. So even if he decided to seek to continue with a hired developer at some point and even if that was possible at all (both legally and technically) it would most likely be too late at that point. 2CA is dead - long live whatever Denis comes up with.
(Denis can continue without Andrew but not the other way around.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:00 am2CA is dead
At such a time as we can no longer get into our accounts, and the website disappears (Something I doubt would happen without an announcement), I'll agree.

But until then...

...hope dies last.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

is there news to Denis' new products?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

wouldn't load in Live, blacklisted Cubase.
he doesn't have an M series macbook and i don't have the time nor coding skills to be an assistant debugger.
not sure?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:25 pm
plexuss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:04 pmThat sucks
...unless I just managed to gt it working :o
Very cool!

A newer version of Aether would be great. Hopefully Denis can find some support for the non reverb programming skills. Another version of B2 would be welcome, too.

I'm "fortunate?" using Windoze in one of the few advantages until recently was backwards compatibility but i'm using multiple machines. Older pcs running Win7 airgapped and at this point somewhat stationary as far as nothing really being updated. A machine frozen circa 2016, a few DAWs, Reaktor, Max, and 30-50 synths and effects is an incredible amount of creative power. Newer machines running newest OS that only occasionally goes on line. And a newish cheapo laptop running latest OS just for on line stuff. Keeping them backed up in case of hardware malfunctions. I've been doing this for years. One advantage is redundancy, i travel with two working setups. When i was in a big house i had three music machines running, a library computer, and an office computer. Minor hassle transferring files.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

there's really nothing like B2 is there...
it's nuts

I had bought all the 2CAudio products. I have always been fond of Aether, which is still working on my Intel Mac, still with Monterey, and will really welcome some similar new reverb. B2 is probably less interesting in my case, but it sounded great. I tried to compare it to some other reverb I have (Comet, for example), somewhat similar, but it's not really the same.

CrystalWizard wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:38 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:25 pm
plexuss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:04 pmThat sucks
...unless I just managed to gt it working :o
Very cool!

A newer version of Aether would be great. Hopefully Denis can find some support for the non reverb programming skills. Another version of B2 would be welcome, too.

I'm "fortunate?" using Windoze in one of the few advantages until recently was backwards compatibility but i'm using multiple machines. Older pcs running Win7 airgapped and at this point somewhat stationary as far as nothing really being updated. A machine frozen circa 2016, a few DAWs, Reaktor, Max, and 30-50 synths and effects is an incredible amount of creative power. Newer machines running newest OS that only occasionally goes on line. And a newish cheapo laptop running latest OS just for on line stuff. Keeping them backed up in case of hardware malfunctions. I've been doing this for years. One advantage is redundancy, i travel with two working setups. When i was in a big house i had three music machines running, a library computer, and an office computer. Minor hassle transferring files.
Indeed! Having read the posts from people saying their accounts no longer existed, i wasn't even gonna bother trying. So glad I did.

The lack of longer-term backwards-compatibility on Mac is certainly annoying. Hasn't got me to the point of changing back to Windows...yet!

Caine123 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:18 pm is there news to Denis' new products?
His new reverb is being alpha or beta tested right now. Mac only right now, so I haven't tried it as I'm windows.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:10 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:18 pm is there news to Denis' new products?
His new reverb is being alpha or beta tested right now. Mac only right now, so I haven't tried it as I'm windows.
And Mac silicon only right now - I offered to beta an intel version and he said he wasnt there yet. so thats good news for silicon people as it may mean he prioritized the latest frameworks and will work on legacy compatibility later. This seems like the right move.

I just sent a new build info to everybody who emailed me. I fixed some bugs and improved stability. Hopefully it will run ok in Ableton Live 11 now. If one did not receive the email from me please let me know. I recently got Windows version working and it should be available shortly too.

I sent out Window VST3 version. If somebody did not receive the corresponding email or want to test please let me know.
Thank you guys for feedback on mac version!

is it permitted to share experiences here on the board? am really curious, maybe im gonna send you also an email but i dunno how much time i got to test it carefully.
2ca wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:55 am I sent out Window VST3 version. If somebody did not receive the corresponding email or want to test please let me know.
Thank you guys for feedback on mac version!
awesome, i really wish all the best and that it will be a great replacement + more! :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

yeah, send me the email. it's ok to share experience here. I do not expect a lot of testing as it's a prototype.

Return to “Effects”