Fabfilter announce TIMELESS 3 !!!!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relativity for Timeless 3 Timeless 3

Well in T3 you can modulate each of the possible 16 taps with LFOs or envelope followers, targets are time position, pan and volume so it really is a capable tap delay amongst many other things.

Yes. I honestly forgot about the tap edit function in my initial reply :scared:

jonalyn wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:04 pm :o

check their facebook page !
https://www.facebook.com/fabfilter/
tremendeous flexibility and versatility !!!!

:o :o :o
:clap:

Did I miss the summer sale already? Does anybody knows this?

Thank you.

arghmusic wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:45 pm Did I miss the summer sale already? Does anybody knows this?

Thank you.
You mean the sale that's been going on since June.... Yep.

Ok, thank you. Seems I did not see it on their webpage.

arghmusic wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:19 pm Ok, thank you. Seems I did not see it on their webpage.
It ended August 1st. Next sale will probably be around Black Friday/Christmas.

bmanic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:35 pm As for calling Timeless "unorganic", I would have agreed with you on version 2 but not any more with version 3. Now we have proper control over the input vs output drive, which internally affects a lot of the different components. Almost all of the different filter types are non-linear ('clean' being the only exception) and have now more advanced built in oversampling. This means that the feedback path is directly affected by how hard a signal goes into the delay. Then there is the additional 'drive' control which is another saturation algorithm within the feedback path and helps if you want to go past 100% feedback and play with it while it goes on forever. This was not possible in version 2.0 without going into some severe aliasing/digital mess.

Then you have the Lo-Fi knob which is a pretty complex system behind the scenes but presented to the user as a "one-knob" solution. It's a really flexible and characterful knob that does everything from sample rate reduction, subtle pitch instability to bit crushing.. again, it too is affected by the incoming audio level.. thus pretty organic and non-linear in it's behavior.
Hey mate you mentioned the filters have built in oversampling, do you know how much they are oversampled, 2x, 4x, 8x?

Also are the other non linear sections like drive and lo-fi oversampled as well, and if they are by how much.

Thanks

Old Timeless used the original volcano filters which were rather crude by todays standard. The new filters have a lot more care in their design and distortion characteristics. Not sure how much they are internally oversampled though but they show far less aliasing than the previous iterations.

I also don't know about the added drive knob nor the lo-fi. Doesn't make much sense to oversample the lo-fi module though as it literally downsamples and reduces bitrate. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:59 pm Doesn't make much sense to oversample the lo-fi module though as it literally downsamples and reduces bitrate. :)
It (Lo-Fi) also reduces bit depth, which I'm pretty sure will result in harmonic distortion - thus oversampling is good idea even in this case.

Can’t seem to personally connect with this plugin. Tried selling it for a loss but no one wanted it for more than $50 so I’m hanging onto it. Maybe some day it’ll better appeal to me. Yes, it’s my own fault for doing the demo and then thinking I’d grow to love it. I haven’t. Yet?

Idk, it’s my favourite delay. And most used. Hated timeless2 and rarely used it.

Yeah I couldn't really get on with Timeless 2 but this one is one of my favorites! It's the one I always live jam with as it's so flexible and can go from simple stuff to really complex at the literal twist of a virtual knob/slider.

One thing I am missing though, for live jamming, is a "clear delay buffer" button. Would be awesome if FabFilter could add this. You can sort of mimic it by using a control to put feedback down to zero but it's still a bit fiddly to setup on a controller with button mappings. Would be a lot easier if there was a single button/function for this on the plugin itself.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:32 am Can’t seem to personally connect with this plugin. Tried selling it for a loss but no one wanted it for more than $50 so I’m hanging onto it. Maybe some day it’ll better appeal to me. Yes, it’s my own fault for doing the demo and then thinking I’d grow to love it. I haven’t. Yet?
I feel the same way with this plugin and felt the same about Timeless 2. The only time i grab it is if i am in need of experimenting with presets and tweaking. When i need something weird and unexpected, Timeless delivers. For more standard duties, i reach for H-delay almost all the time. It just feels good.

I have bought Timeless 3 on launch and I have mixed feelings about it. It has a great presets for some quick inspiration. You can go extremly deep if you want wih can be really nice. However, my main complaint is that the gui is overly complicated for a delay plugin. I understand FabF wants all thier plugin to kind of follow the same GUI philosophy and it works well for most of their plugins ( pro q, volcano, pro c, pro L and other). But for me setting a up a basic delay setting is way longer and less intuitive to do in timeless three than my go 2 delay plugins.
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Return to “Effects”