Bitwig 5.2 BETA available

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bjørnson wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:05 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:36 am What are you even talking about ????
That question will sadly not be solved in this forum :party:
Fortunately, despite the high number of question marks in my sentence, I was not really waiting for an answer hehe :-)...
Anyway, Legend HZ from Synapse has (freaking finaaaaalllyyy) been released today, nothing can alter my good mood :D .

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:12 pm
Bjørnson wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:05 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:36 am What are you even talking about ????
That question will sadly not be solved in this forum :party:
Fortunately, despite the high number of question marks in my sentence, I was not really waiting for an answer hehe :-)...
Anyway, Legend HZ from Synapse has (freaking finaaaaalllyyy) been released today, nothing can alter my good mood :D .
Yup, bought, downloaded and playing now, and holiday weekend- great timing
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:24 am
vroteg wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:15 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:18 pm Your basic request is legitimate. But then you start distorting things in order to justify it.

One way is you are claiming that Bitwig doesn't offer you a choice. But they do. In two ways. One, they also provide low CPU devices (f.e. Compressor and Compressor+). Two, they support plugins which lets you choose low or high cpu plugins according to your needs.

There is no significant problem here. There is a legitimate but minor feature request which you have blown out of proportion.
I find your solution absolutely ridiculous as always. Seems like your over protection of this daw is taken over your common sense.

So you tell a person to don’t use plugins the ones he paid for and use something else? If person want to use any feature of the included plugin but forced not to because of by default oversampling always on is minor issue?

Don’t forget bitwig is a company which survive by being paid by customers. You make it seems like this daw don’t own you anything. Let me open a secret for you. It f**king does because we, customers pay for it. Not donate. Pay.
It took me a while to understand that this self-upset rant is about an oversampling parameter on a device. What The Actual F...k ?
I don't think anybody is trying to defend the DAW here just common sense....
I just quote this one as it echoes all of the others...

Here it goes again... thank you vroteg for understanding ... but the hardcore fanbois crawl out of their caves again to defend their DAW choice with nonsense...

No, it´s not about just an oversampling parameter... it´s about that all newer Bitwig devices are CPU hogs and take 4-30 times more CPU than other counterparts either as 3rd party or stock plugins in other DAWs... and I still haven´t found a single exception...

If 4-30 times more CPU usage than necessary doesn´t bother you... fine... just go out of my way but don´t try to downplay it because you are blindly defending stupid developer decisions...

The oversample or not parameter/switch would be just the solution for much unnecessary CPU usage just like all the others did...

But surely you all are right... all others are just stupid just the Bitwig devs are smart because you like the DAW... and at the very end what does it matter if you can just use 1/4th up to 1/30th amount of plugins you could if done properly... it doesn´t matter...

And of course all these CPU hog devices are at the very end just gifts from Bitwig... the upgrade fee is just for the other features of the updates... having paid automatically for devices you recommend yourself using better something else is just misunderstanding and conspiracy theory...

Move on... nothing to see here... just another day with Bitwig!
The Bitwigs and their hardcore community are always right!
An extract from the Bitwig Act:
Paragraph 1: The Bitwigs are always right.
Paragraph 2: If they are not right, paragraph 1 automatically comes into force! :tu:

You guys are really ridiculous!
Last edited by Trancit on Sun May 05, 2024 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, here are my 2 cents :)

I find the bitwig dsp devices quite good, only I do not understand why. There are so many good compressors, even a lot free onces. I wish the Bitwig team was spending 100% of the time only on "core" features, which can't be easily substituted. DSP stuff is not part of that. Also instead making dsp devices with the grid and then hide the setup from the user, I would prefer access to the gui build kit they use to make such devices like compressor+.

reasons stock devices use very low cpu , so im combine bitwig vwith reason rack plugin
i think this is the best way ,

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:05 pm Oh ye of little faith. Eventually they'll run out of devices to refresh and they'll have no choice but to spend more time updating the core functionality. Maybe.
These are separate teams for sure and Bitwig is almost moving fwds. My earlier point was that it's probably hard for them to prioritise what order to do FX in.

Certainly their recent FX have all been excellent.

I do think a better side chaining tool would be a good addition. Dynamics works well, but it would be nice if there was a simple compressor that took a side chain.

I also think a straight up reverb improvement would be good.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm Ok, here are my 2 cents :)

I find the bitwig dsp devices quite good, only I do not understand why. There are so many good compressors, even a lot free onces. I wish the Bitwig team was spending 100% of the time only on "core" features, which can't be easily substituted. DSP stuff is not part of that. Also instead making dsp devices with the grid and then hide the setup from the user, I would prefer access to the gui build kit they use to make such devices like compressor+.
FX are a core part of a DAW, even if you and I have our own FX already.

I definitely agree with you that a gui kit for grid devices, even for small chains/groups of FX would be excellent. Being able to bundle things up as named devices could give them an instant user library imo.

On FX, I feel you can do almost anything in Bitwig, but sometimes it's not completely obvious and requires a combo of tools, to be able to package these up as named user devices a would be very cool.

I have FX chains saved as presets that I can load and tweak, but having them wrapped as a device, that could then have presets would be great.

Trancit wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:30 pm

No, it´s not about just an oversampling parameter... it´s about that all newer Bitwig devices are CPU hogs and take 4-30 times more CPU than other counterparts either as 3rd party or stock plugins in other DAWs... and I still haven´t found a single exception...

Glass half empty today is it? These higher CPU devices are just in the beta and most FX are not high CPU.

Perhaps politely send your feedback and they will reply. Why politely? Because they are a group of IRL people doing their best to create a great tool and should be appreciated for that.

Just a note, I have been able to greatly improve my graphics display with the latest Iris Xe driver from Intel. Don't assume Windoze 11 is going to automatically install the very latest driver for u...

_leras wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:37 pm I do think a better side chaining tool would be a good addition. Dynamics works well, but it would be nice if there was a simple compressor that took a side chain.
Add a Sidechain modulator to Compressor and save it as default.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm Also instead making dsp devices with the grid and then hide the setup from the user, I would prefer access to the gui build kit they use to make such devices like compressor+.
Compressor+ wasn't made in the Grid.

Trancit wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:30 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:24 am
vroteg wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:15 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:18 pm Your basic request is legitimate. But then you start distorting things in order to justify it.

One way is you are claiming that Bitwig doesn't offer you a choice. But they do. In two ways. One, they also provide low CPU devices (f.e. Compressor and Compressor+). Two, they support plugins which lets you choose low or high cpu plugins according to your needs.

There is no significant problem here. There is a legitimate but minor feature request which you have blown out of proportion.
I find your solution absolutely ridiculous as always. Seems like your over protection of this daw is taken over your common sense.

So you tell a person to don’t use plugins the ones he paid for and use something else? If person want to use any feature of the included plugin but forced not to because of by default oversampling always on is minor issue?

Don’t forget bitwig is a company which survive by being paid by customers. You make it seems like this daw don’t own you anything. Let me open a secret for you. It f**king does because we, customers pay for it. Not donate. Pay.
It took me a while to understand that this self-upset rant is about an oversampling parameter on a device. What The Actual F...k ?
I don't think anybody is trying to defend the DAW here just common sense....
I just quote this one as it echoes all of the others...

Here it goes again... thank you vroteg for understanding ... but the the hardcore fanbois crawl out of their caves again to defend their DAW choice with nonsense...

If 4-30 times more CPU usage than necessary doesn´t bother you... fine... just go out of my way but don´t try to downplay it because you are blindly defending stupid developer decisions...

The oversample or not parameter/switch would be just the solution for much unnecessary CPU usage just like all the others did...

But surely you all are right... all others are just stupid just the Bitwig devs are smart because you like the DAW... and at the very end what does it matter if you can just use 1/4th up to 1/30th amount of plugins you could if done properly... it doesn´t matter...

And of course all these CPU hog devices are at the very end just gifts from Bitwig... the upgrade fee is just for the other features of the updates... having paid automatically for devices you recommend yourself using better something else is just misunderstanding and conspiracy theory...

Move on... nothing to see here... just another day with Bitwig!
The Bitwigs and their hardcore community are always right!
An extract from the Bitwig Act:
Paragraph 1: The Bitwigs are always right.
Paragraph 2: If they are not right, paragraph 1 automatically comes into force! :tu:

No but you can't take what I said, change it, and then build your story on the changed thing. That just ridiculous.

What I said was only about having a control on the oversampling level.

I never ever said that Bitwig has a free pass to write components that are not CPU efficient.

After you can make your whole reasoning about fanboys but don't drag me into this.

That being said: discussing about CPU efficiency for a component introduced in a first beta is overly stupid. It is like complaining the beta has bugs. I hope I misunderstood your point.

Its always the same people. One of them even tries to speak for all users. Funny stuff.
-JH

Wow... this will be my last comment:

Are you guys able to read???

This discussion just started with Compressor+ continued with Over which are both CPU hogs for sure but animated me to have a look deeper into the other newer devices WHICH ARE FOR SURE NOT IN BETA ANYMORE FOR PARTLY YEARS!

- The GRID takes by default about 4 times the CPU than often necessary...
- So does of course Polymer because of being just a GRID frontend...
- The Saturator takes by default 4-5 times more CPU than Ableton´s Saturator or comparable 3rd party if not chosen the biggest CPU hogs on the market but plugins i.e. like Saturn 2 or all Saturator devices from Voxengo, Melda ... etc...
- Filter+/Sweep with the distortion deactivated takes with any newer filter 4-5 times the CPU of Ableton´s Autofilter with any Cytomic filter (56% Bitwig vs. 12% Ableton for 20 instances)
- even Delay+ takes 1.5 times the CPU than the free Supermassive

On this list coming now the latest devices just on top with Compressor+ up to 10 times as much CPU as 3rd party counterparts and Over with up to 30 times the CPU usage than SIR Standard Clip (but at least 4 times as much)...

And you don´t see a pattern there and try stupid excuses it would change for the latter when they are out of beta???
This is ridiculous and exactly what I mean with blind stupid fanboism excusing everything with nonsense...

You guys argue as if it would have been completely normal, understandable and everybody would be fine if Urs Heckmann has decided it would be a good idea if DIVA would run unchangeable in "Insane" mode all the time without giving the user the choice to change it back to something more efficient...
I don´t want to know what shitstorm he would have had on this decision but for newer Bitwig devices it´s now completely fine...

Trancit wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:21 am Wow... this will be my last comment:
Awesome ! :-D

Are you guys able to read???

This discussion just started with Compressor+ continued with Over which are both CPU hogs for sure but animated me to have a look deeper into the other newer devices WHICH ARE FOR SURE NOT IN BETA ANYMORE FOR PARTLY YEARS!
Then if your point has nothing to do with the 5.2 BETA, I would respectfully suggest that you open a specific thread about your point.

You have to understand that some people are actually willing to discuss the new features and not rent about other unrelated points. I am not denying that you can have issues or whatever, I am just saying, keep the discussion where it belongs...

Return to “Bitwig”