Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On older versions you need the dongle to work offline. I have one that I don't need anymore PM me if you are interested.

But maybe ask support because I think it should work.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... scontinued

Weird , I seem to be missing the pangea instruments and radical piano
But it does have monoton which was part of Reason 10.4
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

There is a "Manage Content" window for that stuff. You should probably open a new thread to get help with these things.

Yep ,just found out
Now I need to settle for this constant login , if I can't remedy it I am afraid I'll have to sell it bagain but then again who wants to buy anaything that needs constant login ..?
Let's wait and see
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Some more info on the new stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkk0kE6s-Y

By the way, what's the usual upgrade price ? I can't remember

hotmitts wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:30 pm By the way, what's the usual upgrade price ? I can't remember
They raised it (since R11?) from $129 to $199. But they still have sales on it from time to time. And you'll get the upgrade code even a bit cheaper from "the usual suspects" (e.g. JRRshop)

Crossinger wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:45 pm
hotmitts wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:30 pm By the way, what's the usual upgrade price ? I can't remember
They raised it (since R11?) from $129 to $199. But they still have sales on it from time to time. And you'll get the upgrade code even a bit cheaper from "the usual suspects" (e.g. JRRshop)
Thanks Crossinger, good to know. Still on fence , will see how rich i am in summer maybe

I don't think they will sell many upgrades is they pitch it at $199 (you can buy the full Bigwig Studio for that!), $99 would be my limit as to be honest I am more of a RRP user...I think $199 would test even the die-hard Reason users who are currently on 11...I always thought their pricing ($500 for Reason) was simply to send people down the subscription route....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:02 pm I don't think they will sell many upgrades is they pitch it at $199 (you can buy the full Bigwig Studio for that!), $99 would be my limit as to be honest I am more of a RRP user...
Indeed, for RRP users there's only a couple of new devices. And some of them are easily replaceable by cheap or free RE's. Hard to justify... and I doubt it'll go down to $99. Can't remember if they ever went down below $129 at sales after the price hike.
Last edited by Crossinger on Fri May 17, 2024 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double

SLiC wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:02 pm I don't think they will sell many upgrades is they pitch it at $199 (you can buy the full Bigwig Studio for that!), $99 would be my limit as to be honest I am more of a RRP user...I think $199 would test even the die-hard Reason users who are currently on 11...I always thought their pricing ($500 for Reason) was simply to send people down the subscription route....
watching that video, i like the new stuff. it's just that there isn't that much. and it has been a long time waiting. i agree that $99 for the upgrade seems ok, but at $199 it would be hard to justify.

JamminFool wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:15 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:02 pm I don't think they will sell many upgrades is they pitch it at $199 (you can buy the full Bigwig Studio for that!), $99 would be my limit as to be honest I am more of a RRP user...I think $199 would test even the die-hard Reason users who are currently on 11...I always thought their pricing ($500 for Reason) was simply to send people down the subscription route....
watching that video, i like the new stuff. it's just that there isn't that much. and it has been a long time waiting. i agree that $99 for the upgrade seems ok, but at $199 it would be hard to justify.
Yes definitely... Or it would be a way to get the RRP user out...

The competition is much more complex than 5 year ago...

The Polysynth Morph feature is fun, but for a RRP user, that's the only thing I really feel I could... maybe use.
The new delay, not so much, like many I guess, I have already a ton of excellent delays...

On another hand, I remember really really missing a proper side chaining tool in Reason and being blast by the Bitwig one where you can directly focus the frequency range you want to side chain with. It seems they made it. That is a big thing for the full DAW users...

Crossinger wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:12 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:02 pm I don't think they will sell many upgrades is they pitch it at $199 (you can buy the full Bigwig Studio for that!), $99 would be my limit as to be honest I am more of a RRP user...
Indeed, for RRP users there's only a couple of new devices. And some of them are easily replaceable by cheap or free RE's. Hard to justify... and I doubt it'll go down to $99. Can't remember if they ever went down below $129 at sales after the price hike.
I got the upgrade from 11 to 12 from jrr for about £60 but 12 had probably been out nearly a year at that point. As a RRP user I will probably wait and see if a similar deal can be had.

I am faster, and so I have more time to spend on other DAW.
artie fichelle sounds natural

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”