String 1.15.2 - vst3 + new GUI

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it was the VST2 version (64bit). i could also install and try the VST3 if you like and I could, of course, also run a debug version...

VST2, 64-bit: got it. Tomorrow, I'll see if I can get this to crash in-house, and if not, I'll privately contact you with a debug build. Thanks for your help so far: much appreciated.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

it's getting a bit mysterious. now i have tried to switch back to software renderer. when i remove the plugin (which was set to software renderer) and put it back in it's again set to openGL renderer, meaning that it doesn't keep the last settings. could this be related to some administrator settings? i run cubase in administrator mode

gui changes are saved, i.e. when i switch from dark to light theme and vice versa but it seems that i cannot switch back to software renderer permanently. it's the same in live 11, i cannot switch back to software rendrerer on a permanent basis. the plugin in openGL renderer mode works just fine in both cubase and live, so that is not a real problem for me...

I think there was as bug on Windows where the GFX driver setting wasn't persisted in some circumstances. I thought I'd fixed that, but maybe I hadn't. Leave it with me, I'll investigate myself first thing tomorrow. And in the meantime, if you do discover any additional evidence, please do let me know. Thanks muchly.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

unfortunately the very last version of strings still crashes Logic Pro (M1/Big Sur)

here as attached file, a copy of the automatical report destinated to apple, if it can help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Krakatau wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:46 pm unfortunately the very last version of strings still crashes Logic Pro (M1/Big Sur)
Could you either enable PMs, or email me directly at `support@loomer.co.uk` so I can send you the beta which fixes this. Many thanks.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:13 pm
Krakatau wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:46 pm unfortunately the very last version of strings still crashes Logic Pro (M1/Big Sur)
Could you either enable PMs, or email me directly at `support@loomer.co.uk` so I can send you the beta which fixes this. Many thanks.
duly noted ... just send you a email !

Gosh wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm gui changes are saved, i.e. when i switch from dark to light theme and vice versa but it seems that i cannot switch back to software renderer permanently. it's the same in live 11, i cannot switch back to software rendrerer on a permanent basis. the plugin in openGL renderer mode works just fine in both cubase and live, so that is not a real problem for me...
I've been looking into this, and so far, unfortunately, been drawing a blank. Out of interest, did you have multiple String or StringFX instances loaded when this bug occured? If so, I may have an idea of what it going wrong... And if not, well, I'll have to keep thinking!

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:15 pm
Gosh wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm gui changes are saved, i.e. when i switch from dark to light theme and vice versa but it seems that i cannot switch back to software renderer permanently. it's the same in live 11, i cannot switch back to software rendrerer on a permanent basis. the plugin in openGL renderer mode works just fine in both cubase and live, so that is not a real problem for me...
I've been looking into this, and so far, unfortunately, been drawing a blank. Out of interest, did you have multiple String or StringFX instances loaded when this bug occured? If so, I may have an idea of what it going wrong... And if not, well, I'll have to keep thinking!
hi, colin, i think i had only one instance of string loaded but i also opened shift to see if it behaves the same way, so it might be that i had both string and shift open. i have to check when i return home from work...

That shouldn't make a difference - it's only two instances of the same plug-in that would cause what I suspect the issue to be - but any additional information gratefully received. I have Cubase 11 installed on my test machine now, so I'm definitely on the case.

Also, I've not been able to reproduce the crash in Cubase when changing GFX drivers. I guess it's good news that it doesn't happen on every machine, but that does mean I'll need to rely on getting a debug build in your hands and on your computer. I'll PM you the debug VST tomorrow, if that's OK with you? Thanks in advance.

hi colin, i cannot switch back permanently to software renderer even if i use only one instance of string. thus, i won't be able to crash cubase because that only happened in software renderer mode. i can try to reinstall string and see what happens...

Before you do that, could you please send me your String.xml configuration file? Don't upload it here because it contains your personal licence details, etc, but if you could either PM it to me or email it (support@loomer.co.uk), I'll take a look. Thank you.

sorry i was too fast. i reinstalled it. when it started in software renderer mode it didn't crash cubase this time but it took a few seconds to load. when i switched to openGL renderer mode the plugin loaded immediately. after the switch to openGL renderer i am again unable to switch back to software renderer mode. i send you the string.xlm nonetheless via PM. maybe it is not worth the hassle because the plugin behaves fine in openGL renderer mode?

Return to “Loomer”