Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

I'm a sucker for pretty much everything BA does. Hopefully this one is a winner, but instruments are a totally different game. We shall see.

I just realized that the knob, slider, and speaker are a reference to thr Yamaha CS01. I hope it'll be more powerful than a CS01 though.

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:10 pm I just realized that the knob, slider, and speaker are a reference to thr Yamaha CS01. I hope it'll be more powerful than a CS01 though.
Well spotted. I hear a 5th being played in the demo so if the plugin is an homage to the Yamaha then maybe it's got an extra VCO? The tail of the 5th gets cut off with each note, and there are no proper chords or pads in the demo, so it's likely monophonic.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:43 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:10 pm I just realized that the knob, slider, and speaker are a reference to thr Yamaha CS01. I hope it'll be more powerful than a CS01 though.
Well spotted. I hear a 5th being played in the demo so if the plugin is an homage to the Yamaha then maybe it's got an extra VCO? The tail of the 5th gets cut off with each note, and there are no proper chords or pads in the demo, so it's likely monophonic.
Hopefully it's not an emulation of a vintage synth.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:52 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:43 pm
Hopefully it's not an emulation of a vintage synth.
Their first video says it's not.

hi baby, can you show pic?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

some more teasers please?
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:52 pm Image
gui is a bit bright, i hope theres a dark skin :?

That would be a smart move.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

It's dropped..... :) :tu:

Bones may like it, it sounds FAT
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Hey all, yes, it's just around midnight -- so I guess we're good to go live! Here's the link: https://babyaud.io/ba-1
Excited for your feedback and happy to answer any questions you may have in this thread!
babyaud.io

Bought an hour ago and exploring BA-1 since that... it's quite a nice tool. It doesn't have that full lowend like e.g. Softube Model 72/84 etc...

I don't know the original CS01 - but for lofi and synthwave, the tool is definitely a great thing with speaker, battery and the unusual reverb. Like it :)

BABY Audio wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:45 pm Hey all, yes, it's just around midnight -- so I guess we're good to go live! Here's the link: https://babyaud.io/ba-1
Excited for your feedback and happy to answer any questions you may have in this thread!
Hi
Trying to get the demo link but to no avail.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Instruments”