Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amigo Sampler

mitchiemasha wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:56 pm Awesome, thank you... I think I was a bit too hyper that night and I need to bring the BPM down a bit!
165-170 FTW!

This is one of the few sample slicers that has a Play-Thru option and I would love if yall could add a hi-fidelity/non-amiga mode. Ableton Simpler and Redux are really the only samplers that have this play-thru option that are recently maintained/not-horrendous. As someone who is trying to get away from Ableton, Simpler is reallly the only thing I can't find a replacement for.. Amigo is sooo close but I don't always want the crunch, but yeah I get it. <3

mothra wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 am
mitchiemasha wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:56 pm Awesome, thank you... I think I was a bit too hyper that night and I need to bring the BPM down a bit!
165-170 FTW!
Yeah, I make a lot of tracks at that speed. Lots of Makina, Happy Hardcore, Bouncy Techno DJs, in the NE of England. But, this track needs to be slower. Got a few friends to pop round do a pitch slider blind test, where they think it should be starting overly slowed down.

I'm convinced all those automation curves for Amigo are going to need redoing with the BPM dropped. Possibly -1 semi tone too! which is going to throw the kick bass relationship! oh the joys!!!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Zoopy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 pm This is one of the few sample slicers that has a Play-Thru option and I would love if yall could add a hi-fidelity/non-amiga mode. Ableton Simpler and Redux are really the only samplers that have this play-thru option that are recently maintained/not-horrendous. As someone who is trying to get away from Ableton, Simpler is reallly the only thing I can't find a replacement for.. Amigo is sooo close but I don't always want the crunch, but yeah I get it. <3
But why ? This plug is for the vintage asthetics.

prene wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:43 pm But why ? This plug is for the vintage asthetics.
Because it has a lot of advantages on top of delivering vintage aesthetics. Anyway, considering how low the price is, it would be probably be smart for dev to follow up with a second sampler plugin rather than keep expanding Amigo.

If he made a sister plugin that was functionally and visually the same except with stereo 44.1khz sampling I'd buy it instantly.

It would be even more interesting if he coded a non-binary version.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Decided to pick this up today and totally love it! Very cool set of features.

Uncle E wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:59 am Anyway, considering how low the price is, it would be probably be smart for dev to follow up with a second sampler plugin rather than keep expanding Amigo.
I'm looking forward to the eventual, inevitable release of Gringo.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Vortifex wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:09 am If he made a sister plugin that was functionally and visually the same except with stereo 44.1khz sampling I'd buy it instantly.
For a single sample usage, I'd love for it to support even up to 96khz as well as 16 and 24bit. Make everything HiFi in the second sampler, but keep the same functions. Yeah, I'd love a modern version!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

pough wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:44 pm I'm looking forward to the eventual, inevitable release of Gringo.
Or maybe even Vato! Although British people might not know what that means.

Uncle E wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 pm
pough wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:44 pm I'm looking forward to the eventual, inevitable release of Gringo.
Or maybe even Vato! Although British people might not know what that means.
I’m a Brit who speaks Spanish Spanish and just had to look it up.

Colega or Tio in their more colloquial uses would be good too.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Yes, border state slang. I grew up speaking Pachuco.

Yeah there's just not really an alternative to Ableton's Simpler which is definitely one of the best things about Live. Amigo is the closest imo. I won't be mad if it doesn't happen, just seems like a big ol hole in the market. I did just figure out you can make Renoise Redux UI way smaller so I'll be fine :)

Zoopy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 pm This is one of the few sample slicers that has a Play-Thru option and I would love if yall could add a hi-fidelity/non-amiga mode. Ableton Simpler and Redux are really the only samplers that have this play-thru option that are recently maintained/not-horrendous. As someone who is trying to get away from Ableton, Simpler is reallly the only thing I can't find a replacement for.. Amigo is sooo close but I don't always want the crunch, but yeah I get it. <3
Renoise also has playthrough .
So does tal sampler etc…
If you don’t mind doing it manually , every sampler can do it , you just set each slice end marker to the end adress of the sample
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”