DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:47 pm
3ptguitarist wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:17 pm Do you all think dune 3 will be on sale for $99 again?
The last few sales all were $139/129 €.
I'm positive that I saw it for $99 during black Friday time.

Guys, it is a little cheaper ($118) at Thomann right now. :tu:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/synapse_audio_dune_3.htm

I think it was $99 during Black Friday 2020, but since then it's always been $119/$139 at its lowest.

Yep, that's how I remember it as well.

cb8rwh wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:46 am Here's a bank of presets (incomplete) that I was intending to sell but lost motivation...
Cyberpunkish
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wu4XY8 ... sp=sharing
This is why I don't upload free patches anymore. Nearly a week and all you get is a couple of "thanks" and no feedback. :?

Anyway there are some very nice aggressive patches in the bank like the "Braam" patches and I think DUNE 3 needs more of those types of sounds.

I think you should definitely work on another bank of sounds for commercial release but....and I don't know how others feel about this....the naming structure of Arp 01, Arp 02, Bass 06, Bass 07, etc kind of makes the patches feel a bit more like filler to me.

I know naming a patch can be as difficult as creating the patch and names like "Alien Moonscape" don't really tell anything about the patch but for me it's easier to remember names than numbers. Again others may feel differently.

You should add your patches to the collection at the Synapse forum in the Soundbanks thread:

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... =7&t=11108

Anyway thanks very much for sharing your skills and efforts with us and setting it free. Keep up the good work. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cb8rwh wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:46 am Here's a bank of presets (incomplete) that I was intending to sell but lost motivation...

Cyberpunkish

Cheers

I actually don't assume that someone posting a free bank wants feedback....I have heard some really good sounding free banks and some really well not to my taste banks....I think it is a bit ungrateful for me to give feedback on the not to my taste ones, after all they were free, so I say thanks, download and install, either keep them or not but just say thank you to all.. if of course there is an exceptional free bank to my taste I would probably say so or pm the person and strongly urge them to do a commercial bank etc.

Re: the naming, yes i had said that to him before when he had done a Rapid bank, but I think he has indeed changed in his more recent banks the naming protocol he uses.

rsp
sound sculptist

Cyberpunkish

just downloaded! thanks for this :tu:

If you have Dune 2 the upgrade to 3.5 is on sale also.

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Re the naming, yeah if I had finished the bank I would have gone through and given them somewhat meaningful names. My creation process is a bit haphazard to be honest. Lots of back and forth until I have a complete bank.

I will add them to them thread over on the Synapse forum, thanks for the heads up.
Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:45 pm
Cyberpunkish
This is why I don't upload free patches anymore. Nearly a week and all you get is a couple of "thanks" and no feedback. :?

Anyway there are some very nice aggressive patches in the bank like the "Braam" patches and I think DUNE 3 needs more of those types of sounds.

I think you should definitely work on another bank of sounds for commercial release but....and I don't know how others feel about this....the naming structure of Arp 01, Arp 02, Bass 06, Bass 07, etc kind of makes the patches feel a bit more like filler to me.

I know naming a patch can be as difficult as creating the patch and names like "Alien Moonscape" don't really tell anything about the patch but for me it's easier to remember names than numbers. Again others may feel differently.

You should add your patches to the collection at the Synapse forum in the Soundbanks thread:

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... =7&t=11108

Anyway thanks very much for sharing your skills and efforts with us and setting it free. Keep up the good work. :tu:

Free alternate skins are available for those picking up Dune 3.5 for the first time.

Over Here...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:45 pm I think you should definitely work on another bank of sounds for commercial release but....and I don't know how others feel about this....the naming structure of Arp 01, Arp 02, Bass 06, Bass 07, etc kind of makes the patches feel a bit more like filler to me.

I feel totally the opposite. :) I can remember "Arp01" a lot easier than "Alien Moonscape," but tbh I don't even try to remember any of them by name. If I find one I like, I write the name along with notes about the gist of the sound. So coming up with cute names doesn't bother me per se but IMO is a waste of the author's time, unless they like doing that.

Regardless, patches by others (esp those for free!) are appreciated.

Did Dune3 ever get mpe? Strange if Obsession and The Legend have it but not Dune?

Ingonator wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:34 amI love the new analog filter models, especially the "Polaris" and "Saturn" 24dB LPF modes where the "Polaris" filter mostly seems to keep the low end at higher resonance amounts.
Out of curiosity, I was searching for a list of what filter models emulate what, and I couldn’t find one. Some are obvious, but some I’m just guessing. Anyone have a comprehensive list?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

From this very thread. :)

viewtopic.php?p=7249619#p7249619
carrieres wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm So the Polaris filter is named after the one used in the Rhodes Polaris, but the Saturn?!
Alpha 24 = Juno alpha

Polaris 24 = Prophet 600

Saturn 24 = Jupiter 8

Pro 12/24 = Legend/Moog

chk071 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:53 pm From this very thread. :)

viewtopic.php?p=7249619#p7249619
carrieres wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm So the Polaris filter is named after the one used in the Rhodes Polaris, but the Saturn?!
Alpha 24 = Juno alpha

Polaris 24 = Prophet 600

Saturn 24 = Jupiter 8

Pro 12/24 = Legend/Moog
Danke schoen. I did a search on “filter models,” but that post didn’t show up.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”